Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm not new to Christianity but from what I've seen so far it seems to me that God cannot be define in a fixed/Specific way or manner cause He always seems to contradict any definition he is given.
e.g we say God is love then why do hell exist?. He's all knowing then why create Lucifer in the first place? Why does he allow a soul that will perish be born? In fact how did imperfection come in to existence from a perfect universe? and so on like that.

So it seems to me that all we are doing as Christian is try to get favour from God (please him) or at least be on His good side. Do I mean God has a bad side? well those abandoned in hell wouldn't see God as good.

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So it seems to me that all we are doing as Christian is try to get favour from God (please him) or at least be on His good side.

Do I mean God has a bad side? well those abandoned in hell wouldn't see God as good.

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

Close but, you missed the main point.
Common man no matter how good
can not please God.

God requires perfection and that's not us.

As we know there was one perfect one - Christ.
(If) we are in Christ
we are covered by his perfection (blood).

True -- all of the ones not in Christ
receive a very long stay in the hot place.

Note -- man does not like it too hot.

Another thing regarding man
no couches in the hot place.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1) God’s love is hell for the ones who hate Him.
2) God is love but creating only those who love him is not real love.
3) God is the only one who is always Perfect so it is not surprising that His creation might deviate from perfection.
4) God does not have a bad side.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not new to Christianity but from what I've seen so far it seems to me that God cannot be define in a fixed/Specific way or manner cause He always seems to contradict any definition he is given.
e.g we say God is love then why do hell exist?. He's all knowing then why create Lucifer in the first place? Why does he allow a soul that will perish be born? In fact how did imperfection come in to existence from a perfect universe? and so on like that.

So it seems to me that all we are doing as Christian is try to get favour from God (please him) or at least be on His good side. Do I mean God has a bad side? well those abandoned in hell wouldn't see God as good.

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

Following is a very very basic "sketch".

God is not contridictive .. when one "thinks" this it is because they are either misunderstanding or needs to do more study.

God creates all His intelligent beings with free will, including lucifer and the angels.

One can not have true love without freewill ... that is ... one can not force one to love another.

God did created everything perfect, but all was adversely effected because of sin (transgression of Gods laws) entering into the world.

God has a sovereign government, put in place to keep love, peace and harmony. Transgression of His law is called sin. Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels in heaven sinned against God and were cast to the earth (that got sin out of heaven). Our "ancient" parents (Adam & Eve) were then were tempted by satan/lucifer and they sinned ... through their bloodline, all of mankind are born with a sin nature ... that is mankind is more inclined to sin than not to sin.

No one can "get on Gods good side" by themselves. God sent His son Jesus who lived a perfect sinless life and through Him, believing in Him, receiving Him as their savior people can receive salvation (ever lasting life). He paid our "sin debt" ... that is .... because All of mankind has sinned and will sin through Him people will receive ever lasting life. Anyone with a sincere heart, can receive Jesus and have any sin forgiven.

This earth and all of it's atrocities are evidence of sin in our world.

Hell ... is the grave and all wait there until the return of the Lord.

First there will be a resurrection of the saved and those will be changed and no longer have sin in them ... these will be taken to heaven.

Later, there is a 2nd resurrection ... those are the unsaved, the lost, evil wicked etc. and those will be destroyed by fire never to exist again. These are people who did not accept Jesus as their savior and turn from their sin and or denied the very existence of God/Jesus. All these people had/have opportunity to receive salvation.

Yes, destroyed ... necessary to exterminate sin forever.

God will then recreate the heavens and the earth where never again will there be any sickness, sorrow or sin and all will have ever lasting life with Him.

Now, the above are very very very VERY simplistic answers to your questions... there is GREAT depth in the Word of God ... and takes time to learn His ways and to get to know Him.

One MUST read and study His Word ... the Holy Bible, daily. It is not something just to be skimmed over and make assumptions without a lot of study.

Do you read English well? If so I can send you a link with some information to get started with.

Let me know and I'll PM it to you.

God Bless.

• Informative
Reactions: Greengardener
Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Following is a very very basic "sketch".

God is not contridictive .. when one "thinks" this it is because they are either misunderstanding or needs to do more study.
Yeah I see my post sound naive, I couldn't think real clearly, probably because I have arguing with atheists more than I've been studying the Bible.
Guess I'll have to study more before posting next time.
God creates all His intelligent beings with free will, including lucifer and the angels.

One can not have true love without freewill ... that is ... one can not force one to love another.

God did created everything perfect, but all was adversely effected because of sin (transgression of Gods laws) entering into the world.

God has a sovereign government, put in place to keep love, peace and harmony. Transgression of His law is called sin. Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels in heaven sinned against God and were cast to the earth (that got sin out of heaven). Our "ancient" parents (Adam & Eve) were then were tempted by satan/lucifer and they sinned ... through their bloodline, all of mankind are born with a sin nature ... that is mankind is more inclined to sin than not to sin.

No one can "get on Gods good side" by themselves. God sent His son Jesus who lived a perfect sinless life and through Him, believing in Him, receiving Him as their savior people can receive salvation (ever lasting life). He paid our "sin debt" ... that is .... because All of mankind has sinned and will sin through Him people will receive ever lasting life. Anyone with a sincere heart, can receive Jesus and have any sin forgiven.

This earth and all of it's atrocities are evidence of sin in our world.
Understood, but what about those that didn't really met the lord. I had a friend (a muslim) she was quite interested and open to Christianity e.g she sangs Christian songs visit the church during Christmas but died before she could change. I keep wondering what her fate would be.
Hell ... is the grave and all wait there until the return of the Lord.

First there will be a resurrection of the saved and those will be changed and no longer have sin in them ... these will be taken to heaven.

Later, there is a 2nd resurrection ... those are the unsaved, the lost, evil wicked etc. and those will be destroyed by fire never to exist again. These are people who did not accept Jesus as their savior and turn from their sin and or denied the very existence of God/Jesus. All these people had/have opportunity to receive salvation.

Yes, destroyed ... necessary to exterminate sin forever.

God will then recreate the heavens and the earth where never again will there be any sickness, sorrow or sin and all will have ever lasting life with Him.
Are you saying they won't burn forever but cease to exist?
Now, the above are very very very VERY simplistic answers to your questions... there is GREAT depth in the Word of God ... and takes time to learn His ways and to get to know Him.

One MUST read and study His Word ... the Holy Bible, daily. It is not something just to be skimmed over and make assumptions without a lot of study.

Do you read English well? If so I can send you a link with some information to get started with.

Let me know and I'll PM it to you.

God Bless.
I studied English in school watch it on TV read it online/books yet I'm surrounded by those who speak blunders so it affecting me. and please share the links

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

God is love, because He established what love is and looks like.Its a take it or leave it situation. Its contradicts maybe your point of view, but to say that because it conflicts how you view it, then God's character have to be questioned is a bit hypocritical. Just like you are not a concept, neither is God.

There's no favorism with God, He doesn't need it. God is God whether I exist, or you exist. At the end of the day He's the Creator and set how things go, and its either you're on board with the plan or just reap the consequence of not being on board. Very simple.

• Agree
Reactions: ABCthings
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Everyone tries to understand God according to their own abilities. Some are honest about it. Most are not.

I look at God through analogy with infinite math. It's the only way I can explain, what you call apparent contradictions, such as how God can be three, yet also be one. God's perfection, his omnipotence and omniscience, and some other attributes are all infinite. Heaven and Hell lasting forever is an infinite concept. The demand for perfection is infinite, and Christ's ability to pay for our sins requires infinity.

I looked at the creation, and I asked myself how infinity could be used to achieve a finite result. In the beginning was God, who was infinite. How does a person take infinity and multiply or divide it, using only infinity, and end with a finite answer? The only result I could find was dividing infinity by infinity.

From here to a destination in the distance is an infinite number of infinitely small points, and I have to cross them all to get to my destination. That is infinity divided by infinity. It is a finite distance, and I can cross it without taking forever to get there.

I look at the cross, and I see a demand for perfection and a threat of eternal damnation. Against this, from the same infinite God, even, I see infinite love, a payment of debt with God's own perfection, and an eternity in Heaven. God's infinite wrath is contradicted by his own infinite love. The result is a finite humanity. In a way, I think that this contradiction was necessarily the means by which a perfect and infinite God could create something which was not himself, that was necessarily finite.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is not to be understood by logic and theoretical thinking. God is alive and personal and He is love.

Have you been married or in a close relationship with the same person for a while? Would you be able to define this person and figure this person out? In case you think you have figured out any other human being, my opinion is you have not really gotten to know him or her.

And God created humans so complex. God is so much more beyond comprehension, than humans are.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.
If you have these questions then I suspect that you have not actually had the Holy Spirit reveal God to you. It is not enough to join a church, put on the badge of Christianity and "do" spiritual activities. You cannot know God by your own efforts. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can open your heart to realise and have insight into the real nature and character of God. There is only one way of getting that realisation and insight and that is to seek God with all your heart, and when God sees that you mean business with Him, the Holy Spirit to do that work in you to show you who God really is.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

1. God's nature isn't just 'love,' but also 'holy.' Hell is the display of his wrath toward sin.
2. Satan's purpose is to glorify the redemption of Jesus Christ.
3. We do not understand all of the reasons why God purposed anything. His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are his ways our ways.
4. The universe was not perfect, it was free from sin. Heaven is the only place of perfection.
5. We cannot earn divine favor, rather, we are here to glorify him for who he is.
6. Yes, God is not 'love, love, love,' he is also wrathful and just. Many Christians don't want to acknowledge the "side" of God that isn't so pleasant, because they equate it with evil. Whatever God is and whatever he does is most just and good and wise, even his wrath toward sin.

• Informative
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.
God is Spirit!!!

God is not an entity that can be defined.

Perfection is an ideal and has never existed as some definable quantity or entity.

Infinity is another idea that is beyond human comprehension.

The important point is that God is not someone that exists for eternity, God is the very existence itself, we exist within the fabric of His thought, His will.

Everything we see and know of is, in fact, an emanation of God. All things are sourced from God and even the devil himself, a fallen angel, has his origin from within God Himself.

The whole universe is ultimately unknowable by us as we observe maybe just ten percent. There are even other realms that are not visible to us within the scheme of things. Although science has hinted at the existence of other universes in String theory.

It is critical that you remember your place within this creation and not over reach, well beyond the limitations, the boundry of mere human thought.

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2015
✟2,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

A few years ago when I started my journey back towards God I remember thinking "I just believe there is a God" and didn't want to get "bogged down" with details. As time went on I found myself wanting to know the details and understand them better. There are some things that cannot be understood by humans, we must trust in Gods plan instead of trying to answer futile questions with our human logic.

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A few years ago when I started my journey back towards God I remember thinking "I just believe there is a God" and didn't want to get "bogged down" with details. As time went on I found myself wanting to know the details and understand them better. There are some things that cannot be understood by humans, we must trust in Gods plan instead of trying to answer futile questions with our human logic.
When ever I read a post such as yours or think these things myself, I always come back to " be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10 . The depth and width and breadth of God is beyond our human understanding, we only know in part and see through a glass dimly in these bodies, in this life. Being still before God is synonymous with trusting Him regardless what it looks like from our very partial view. Also God reveals more of Himself to us as He sees us growing in Him. But we will never see the full glory of God in this life. It's beyond comprehension. Would you agree ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Pardon my English
God knows I tried.

your beloved,
ABCthings.

The righteousness of a Most Holy God demands judgment.

God originally created hell for Satan and his angels. Why god created Lucifer knowing he would fall and cause all the problems in this world, I don't know.

I would like to know how God came into existence, why He loved us so that He sent own Son to suffer for us, and many other things.

But these are things that God doesn't want us to know while on this earth. I'm sure there is a very good reason.

But this I do know, He has given us many things in His Word that He does want us to know.

John said "when we see Him we shall be like Him." We will take on the body of Christ He received after being resurrected, then we will know all these things. But for now we must trust and believe Him.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I see my post sound naive, I couldn't think real clearly, probably because I have arguing with atheists more than I've been studying the Bible.
Guess I'll have to study more before posting next time. Understood, but what about those that didn't really met the lord. I had a friend (a muslim) she was quite interested and open to Christianity e.g she sangs Christian songs visit the church during Christmas but died before she could change. I keep wondering what her fate would be. Are you saying they won't burn forever but cease to exist?

I studied English in school watch it on TV read it online/books yet I'm surrounded by those who speak blunders so it affecting me. and please share the links

Are you saying they won't burn forever but cease to exist?

Yes, destroyed ... of course there are those who will disagree ... however ... How can a loving God (which He is) torture people for eternity? Us humans on earth (most of us) don't even accept that torture is "ok". Did Jesus in any way torture anyone? NO, in fact He was tortured ... suffered greatly ... and what did He say? Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do. Jesus came to earth (God in the form of a man) to teach and demonstrate the TRUE character of God. It is satan's prime objective to destroy Gods true character in anyway to keep or lead people away from the Lord ... and this burn in hell for eternity is one of MANY ways he does this.

Understood, but what about those that didn't really met the lord. I had a friend (a muslim) she was quite interested and open to Christianity e.g she sangs Christian songs visit the church during Christmas but died before she could change. I keep wondering what her fate would be.
Change occurs in the heart by the Lord ... and that can happen in a heart beat. We do not know what ones last thoughts were. God is loving and God is just. One's salvation is totally up to Him, only He knows a persons heart. As Christians, it is not our place to question someones salvation ... it is our place to point people to Christ that they might receive salvation through Him.

Guess I'll have to study more before posting next time.
Atheists are tied to the material, relationship with the Lord is spiritual, something many can not or will not relate to. Pray for them! I do converse with them occasionally, however a lot of the time the conversation is futile ... it's like they are stuck in the "material box" and can't get out. ;o) and yeah ... they like to debate. I figure the Lord brought them here for a reason.

There certainly is nothing wrong with asking questions ... but understand, you will receive various and different viewpoints about many things ... that's why one MUST study diligently for themselves. And also, your English is quite good ;o)

I'll send you PM (personal message) with some links to some material for you to read ... to consider ... that I have found useful and also a couple links that can help you immensely as you study His Word.

No matter where you might receive information from (including myself) ... diligently compare that information with the Word of God for yourself ... His word is the Truth and one must see it for themselves.

If at anytime you would like to have conversation, feel free to PM me as often conversation runs "amuck" in the threads and become difficult to follow ... but it's interesting to see different viewpoints and discuss them as well.

May the Lord bless you as you study His Word. In Jesus name AMEN.

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, sin has purpose and appears to be needed for all mature adults to help those who are willing to fulfill their earthly objective. The objective drives everything.

Starting with God is Love (the epitome of Love), which means God is totally unselfish and is not doing stuff for His own sake, but is doing everything for the sake of man which is also God’s desire and might be referred to as His sake.

God would be doing or allowing everything to help humans who are just willing to accept His help to fulfill their earthly objective.

So, God allows evil to happen to help humans, but God also allowed Christ to go to the cross to help humans.

There is really nothing you (a created being) can “do” to help the Creator, but you can allow of your own free will God to help you, which is God’s desire, since God is a huge giver of gifts.

Man’s objective is found in the God given Mission statement of: Loving God (and secondly Loving others) with all your heart, soul, mind and energy. In order to fulfill that mission man must first obtain Godly type Love which will make man like God Himself in that man will Love like God Loves. Would becoming like God Himself not be the greatest gift we could get?

The objective is not to never ever sin, but to obtain this Godly type Love is the first of man’s objective.

There are just something even an all-powerful Creator cannot do (there are things impossible to do), the big inability for us is to be created with instinctive (programmed) Godly type Love, since Godly type Love is not instinctive. Godly type love has to be the result of a free will decision by the being, to make it the person’s Love apart from God. In other words: If the Love was in a human from the human’s creation it would be a robotic type love and not a Godly type Love. Also if God “forces” this Love on a person (Kind a like a shotgun wedding with God holding the shotgun) it would not be “loving” on God’s part and the love forced on the person would not be Godly type love. This Love has to be the result of a free will moral choice with real likely alternatives (for humans those alternatives include the perceived pleasures of sin for a season.)

This Love is way beyond anything humans could develop, obtain, learn, earn, pay back or ever deserve, so it must be the result of a gift that is accepted or rejected (a free will choice).

This “Love” is much more than just an emotional feeling; it is God Himself (God is Love). If you see this Love you see God.

All mature adults do stuff that hurts others (this is called sin) these transgressions weigh on them burden them to the point the individual seeks relief (at least early on before they allow their hearts to be hardened). Lots of “alternatives” can be tried for relief, but the only true relief comes from God with forgiveness (this forgiveness is pure charity [grace/mercy/Love]). The correct humble acceptance of this Forgiveness (Charity) automatically will result in Love (we are taught by Jesus (Luke 7: 36-50) and our own experience “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…”). Sin is thus made hugely significant, so there will be an unbelievable huge debt to be forgiven of and thus result in an unbelievable huge “Love” (Godly type Love).

In order to be forgiven of sin you must first sin, so sin is necessary but not desired.

This messed up world is actually the very best place for willing mature adult individuals to see, receive, give, experience, accept and know Godly type Love. All these tragedies provide opportunities for Love, but that does not mean we go around causing opportunities, since we are to be ceasing these opportunities (there are plenty of opportunities) to show/experience Love.

You do not have to believe the Adam and Eve story is true to get lots of good messages from it. Most people go through a time in which they ask: “How could a Loving God allow such a thing”, which means “why does God not start us all out in a Garden type situation without, needy people, limited resources, death, and questions about His existence?”

What we can do is thank Adam and Eve for showing us and them that what we might consider the ideal situation is a lousy situation for man to fulfill his earthly objective. Adam and Eve as our very best all human representatives did not fulfill the objective while sinless in the Garden and really could not. The situation after sinning outside the Garden did provide a way to fulfill the objective.

I and it seems other have to have opportunities at our doorstep to respond with Love, if I would just cease the opportunities at some distance there might be few opportunities (tragedies) needed for me, so if you want to blame someone for all these tragedies blame me for not ceasing more earlier.

Hell does nothing for the people going to hell, but that was their choice since they kept refusing to accept God’s help (forgiveness, Love, grace, mercy, charity) to the point they will never humbly accept. Hell does help some willing individuals to not put off their acceptance of God’s help.

That is just an introduction.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...God is love then why do hell exist?. He's all knowing then why create Lucifer in the first place? Why does he allow a soul that will perish be born?...

Bible tells:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

God loves all, that is why this opportunity is for all. Those who love more evil than good and are not righteous, don’t get the eternal life, because they prove in this lesson that they would turn it to eternal suffering for all, if they could live forever.

I don’t think hell is bad or evil. It is the end of evil. And I have understood evil was allowed because people wanted to know evil. In this first death we can learn what good and evil truly means. Those who become righteous can then after this have the true life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Upvote 0