✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Marilyn,

The issue is not how many people have Jewish DNA.

The issue is whether Jewish DNA has ever been a requirement to be in covenant relationship with God.

From Genesis 17:12, we see that it has not.
A gentile does not become a Jew by virtue of becoming a Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

Yes.

And those who were not his descendants were included.

Genesis 17
23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
27 And all the men of his house, born in the house, and bought with money of the stranger, were circumcised with him.

Hi jgr,

Yes others were included, but the covenant was to Abraham and his descendants as God`s word says.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Marilyn,

Yes.

And those who were not his descendants were included.

Genesis 17
23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
27 And all the men of his house, born in the house, and bought with money of the stranger, were circumcised with him.
You don't have to continue to argue about it. Ezekiel 39:21-29, Jesus Himself speaking in the text, makes it clear that house of Israel is not the church, and that gentiles have not become Jews by virtue of becoming Christians.

Go and rethink all those verses in the new testament that have been misconstrued by many here, to what the verses actually mean in order to fit with what is said in Ezekiel 39:21-29.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

Yes others were included, but the covenant was to Abraham and his descendants as God`s word says.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

So were those who were circumsized and who were not Abraham's descendants, in covenant relationship with God, or were they not?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

So were those who were circumsized and who were not Abraham's descendants, in covenant relationship with God, or were they not?

Hi jgr,

God`s word says that He made a covenant with Abraham and his descendants. Any others that came in are under the blessing of that covenant.

`God said..."I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.` (Gen. 17: 7)

Marilyn,

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither of them become anything until they become Christians.

Hi jgr,

So God calling Israel out of the nations was not part of His eternal plan for them?
And what about God making the nations, (Gentiles) which we see will go onto the New Earth?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

God`s word says that He made a covenant with Abraham and his descendants. Any others that came in are under the blessing of that covenant.

`God said..."I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.` (Gen. 17: 7)

Marilyn,

Hi Marilyn,

They were under that covenant in its entirety, both its blessings and its obligations and responsibilities.

That covenant was exactly the same for both ethnic and nonethnic Israelites.

The DNA of those who submitted to it in faith and obedience was irrelevant.

The penalty for those who did not submit to it was the same irrespective of their DNA.

Genesis 17
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

So God calling Israel out of the nations was not part of His eternal plan for them?
And what about God making the nations, (Gentiles) which we see will go onto the New Earth?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

His eternal plan for Jews and Gentiles was that they both become one in Christ. (Galatians 3:28-29; Ephesians 2:14-16)

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is but a soup of sorts with many ingredients melded together that all enjoy. Why is it necessary to argue, debate, and insist that you have usurped what existed and now walk in the fullness of what they had?

Why do you want the label, honor, and the blessing that accompanies its utterance? Why do you need it?
This shows the Jews are a religion, not a race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

His eternal plan for Jews and Gentiles was that they both become one in Christ. (Galatians 3:28-29; Ephesians 2:14-16)

Hi jgr,

That is only part of God`s eternal plan. God planned that all things, all rulership come under the Lordship of Christ. Now there are different groups, in each realm, that is why God `called out` some.
Israel was called out of the nations. The Body of Christ was called out of the nations and from Israel. Then there are the nations themselves, who walk in the light of the New Jerusalem.

You are missing quite a lot of God`s plans there.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

That is only part of God`s eternal plan. God planned that all things, all rulership come under the Lordship of Christ. Now there are different groups, in each realm, that is why God `called out` some.
Israel was called out of the nations. The Body of Christ was called out of the nations and from Israel. Then there are the nations themselves, who walk in the light of the New Jerusalem.

You are missing quite a lot of God`s plans there.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

There is only one People of God, who are "the called out".

They are the Holy Chosen People of God, His Church, His Plan from the beginning.

Romans 1:6
Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Jesus speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29 ____________________________________________________________________
1. to finish the transgression - Daniel's people went into 2000 years of dispersion into the nations because they rejected Jesus as their King of Israel. Jesus speaking....

Ezekiel 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

2. to make an end of sins - Jesus does not return until Jerusalem says to Him, blessed is he who come in the name of the Lord. And that they have received the gospel Revelation 12:10.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

3. and to make reconciliation for iniquity - again, Jesus speaking in Ezekiel 39:26....

Ezekiel 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

4. and to bring in everlasting righteousness - the Kingdom of God will be setup on earth at Jesus's return. He will rule the nations with a rod of iron.

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

5. to seal up the vision and prophecy - mystery of God will be finished in the days when the 7th trumpet angel sounds. Which includes completion of Daniel 2, Daniel 7, Daniel 9, Daniel 11, Daniel 12, Ezekiel 39, Psalms 2.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

6. to anoint the most Holy - God anoints Jesus as the King of the earth, on the day of His Return.

Psalms 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ezekiel 39 proves that the church has not become Israel, nor gentiles turned into Jews.

Jesus was a Jew as His mother was a Jew.

Who are the Jews?

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

To this day, the Jews reject Jesus as the messiah, and rejected him as their King of Israel back when that generation of Israel crucified Him. In Ezekiel 39, in the end times, during the 70th week of Daniel 9, the Jews who went into the 2000 years of diaspora, will embrace Jesus as the messiah. It is plain from the text of Ezekiel 39:21-29, Jesus is not addressing the church as Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

There is only one People of God, who are "the called out".

They are the Holy Chosen People of God, His Church, His Plan from the beginning.

Hi jgr,

So who are these people?

`And the nations of those, who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

So who are these people?

`And the nations of those, who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

The saved from among the nations, who are themselves a nation. (1 Peter 2:9)

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

The saved from among the nations, who are themselves a nation. (1 Peter 2:9)

Hi jgr,

Now peter says we are a royal nation, singular, whereas the nations on the earth are plural.
So are you saying that the Body of Christ will be on the new earth?

Next - what about those godly people pre-cross? where do they end up?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

Now peter says we are a royal nation, singular, whereas the nations on the earth are plural.
So are you saying that the Body of Christ will be on the new earth?

Next - what about those godly people pre-cross? where do they end up?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I'll let you answer that, since I answered your previous question.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

I'll let you answer that, since I answered your previous question.

Hi jgr,

How about we let God`s word answer for both of us, ok?

`Abel...Enoch....Noah...Abraham etc...these all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

So....jgr what is that city?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0