Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What did James think?

Jas 1:1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
Jas 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

baberean 2,

1. Nothing says the 144,000 are scattered in Revelation 7.
What tribes were in James that were scattered? Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
jgr,
Only in your context.

1. At first glance without any knowledge a person would most likely have no clue. Others would say a spiritual dying to self daily or crucifying the flesh.
You could of read some of my past posts and found the answer or read Dake and found that as part of the answer. It could have been since I asked you force to think opposite of what you really thought. Or you could have actually read the passage and come up with that.
So if you know that much why are you afraid of telling the whole context and give another scripture that harmonizes with it and shows another side to what it means to bring it to completion. Jerry Kelso

jerry,

Not only was your answer incomplete and incontextual, it was noncomplete and noncontextual.

It was to have been for Matthew 18:3, as you were well aware.

You're evidently afraid of that verse and its contextual parallels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At first glance without any knowledge a person would most likely have no clue. Others would say a spiritual dying to self daily or crucifying the flesh.

Anyone willing to devote just a few moments of "study to show themself approved" would have no problem.

599 [e]
apothnēskō
ἀποθνῄσκω ,
I die
V-PIA-1S

"I meet death daily, live daily in danger of death, 1 Corinthians 15:31"

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
jerry,

Not only was your answer incomplete and incontextual, it was noncomplete and noncontextual.

It was to have been for Matthew 18:3, as you were well aware.

You're evidently afraid of that verse and its contextual parallels.

jgr,

1. I knew what you were saying but the fact is that you have been ignoring true and complete context according to the Bible.
This can be seen in your belief of Judas and Caiphas being in the KoH reign with the he rest of the righteous Jews.

2. You use the “all” being saved and equate it with the universalist view of all being saved.
Yes all can be true enclosed in all people of everyone.
The deception is that the complete picture is in the Jewish nation doesn’t include sinners including Judas and Caiaphas.
Secular Universalism that masquerades as biblical includes sinners of all time and say that they will eventually be saved. The Bible doesn’t teach that Hebrews 9:27.

3. I am not afraid of Matthew 18:3 or contextually parallels because I believe and have shown context in my posts that you cannot prove wrong biblically.
You think showing a scripture automatically proves what you believe such as the KoH and the KoG.
Jerry Kelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Anyone willing to devote just a few moments of "study to show themself approved" would have no problem.

599 [e]
apothnēskō
ἀποθνῄσκω ,
I die
V-PIA-1S

"I meet death daily, live daily in danger of death, 1 Corinthians 15:31"

jgr,

I am not against that for that is true.
I agree it is true in that verse for the next verse bears that out. So it is complete in that sense.
My point is to show the whole context of the chapter and another verse outside the context which is spiritual that harmonizes with the physical dying daily in this passage and Romans 8:36. Can you do this?Jerry Kelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
jgr,

I am not against that for that is true.
I agree it is true in that verse for the next verse bears that out. So it is complete in that sense.
My point is to show the whole context of the chapter and another verse outside the context which is spiritual that harmonizes with the physical dying daily in this passage and Romans 8:36. Can you do this?Jerry Kelso

I've answered my quota of questions.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
jgr,

1. I knew what you were saying but the fact is that you have been ignoring true and complete context according to the Bible.
This can be seen in your belief of Judas and Caiphas being in the KoH reign with the he rest of the righteous Jews.

2. You use the “all” being saved and equate it with the universalist view of all being saved.
Yes all can be true enclosed in all people of everyone.
The deception is that the complete picture is in the Jewish nation doesn’t include sinners including Judas and Caiaphas.
Secular Universalism that masquerades as biblical includes sinners of all time and say that they will eventually be saved. The Bible doesn’t teach that Hebrews 9:27.

3. I am not afraid of Matthew 18:3 or contextually parallels because I believe and have shown context in my posts that you cannot prove wrong biblically.
You think showing a scripture automatically proves what you believe such as the KoH and the KoG.
Jerry Kelso

You've shown nothing for Matthew 18:3.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've answered my quota of questions.

jgr,

1. Not really.

2. The point was at your Holy Spirit hermeneutics line and all you did was show a scripture or two.
The point was that plain statements have a context and the wording may have a perception that is not what one thinks it is.

3. The point was that sometimes a showing of one scripture one cannot always tells what it means. This holds true with 1 Corinthians 15:31.

4. The point was to understand the immediate context and then have other scriptures that harmonize with it.
This is proper hermeneutics which is overall called proper exegesis.

5. I said you were not using proper hermeneutics and so I wanted to see if you understood that. Part of that is correct exegesis of the passage and reconciliation with that passage.

6. If you know the verse you should be able to understand the whole chapter which is conducive to that verse and vice verse. And you ought to be able to find another scripture that harmonizes with it that is a spiritual aspect to the physical aspect of 1 Corinthians 15:31. Can you do that or not? Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing says the 144,000 are scattered in Revelation 7.
What tribes were in James that were scattered? Jerry Kelso

If you do not know who the 12 tribes are, you can look it up in the Bible.

Jas 1:1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.

They were the descendants of Jacob found in the Book of Genesis, who later left Egypt during the Exodus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you do not know who the 12 tribes are, you can look it up in the Bible.

They were the descendants of Jacob found in the Book of Genesis, who later left Egypt during the Exodus.

baberean2,

1. I asked the question who were the 12 tribes who were scattered. That doesn’t mean I don’t know who they are.

2. Abraham was made the Father of many nations. His covenant was with God and his seed after him (Isaac) and his seed after him (Jacob).
Jacob named the twelve tribes after his twelve sons.
Genesis 49:1 Jacob tells what shall befall his sons in the last days.
V3 Reuben; v5; Simeon and Levi (divided) in Jacob and scattered in Israel; Judah v 8; v13; Zebulon; vs. 13 Issachar; vs. 16; Dan; v 19; Gad, ;v20 Asher; v21; Naphtali; v 22; Joseph v 27; Benjamin.
In Revelation 7; Dan is not mentioned, Manasseh who was Joseph’s son is mentioned.

3. The question was do you believe these tribes of Israel in the tribulation are the New Testament church or physical Israel that are New Testament Believers.
Genesis 12 tribes are not exactly the 12 in Revelation 7.
Why are you playing games, answer plainly and truthfully. Jerry Kelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0