✟19,750.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone!

I just joined a couple of days ago, and in my introduction, I mentioned that my brother in law had passed away. Some agreed to pray for comfort for the family.

Well, the funeral was yesterday and I wanted to say thanks for the prayers.

The pastor who conducted the service was an Assembly of God Pastor. At the end, he told everyone to make sure that they had a relationship with Jesus:thumbsup:

They also had a slide show of my brother in law's life. During this, I started getting choked up. Of course I'm trying to be a big tough man and not cry, but it was hard. I was able to control myself, though.

However, at the very end of the service, they played Amazing Grace. It was a beautiful recording that started out with a single bagpipe, then bagpipes and drums, then it added an organ, then it went back down to just the bagpipes again.

Well, that was it for me. I was :cry:like a little baby. I had to get up and go get some tissues. Then I ran into the restroom and had to spend like 10 minutes getting ahold of myself.

Yes, that stuff on my profile is right. I'm a 39 year old grown man, but this service was just such a perfect sendoff to my brother in law, that I was deeply touched.

I just wanted to share that with you all. God Bless :)

RED that's ME

*~*God *IS* Love*~*
Sep 15, 2003
Where God wants me to be right now.
Visit site
✟42,152.00
Faith
Baptist
Think about it...God put tear ducts in male & female eyes for a reason. There's nothing wrong with crying at appropriate times.
Scripture even talks about God & Jesus crying. If they can cry, why can't we cry?

We shouldn't let society dictate what's appropriate or not on crying. :)

Jesus wept John 11:35

tear.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums