My boyfriend is Muslim and he is making me doubt my faith...

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A month or so ago I was talking about a Muslim friend that I am very in love with... we ended up becoming a couple with the intention of marrying and out love grew deeper. But the problem is our different religions... I'm a Christian and he is a Muslim. For weeks and months he tried to convert me. I've watch hundreds of videos about his faith with him and he always debated and argued and now.. I'm lost. He didn't bring me closer to Islam.. and only brought be farther away from Christianity and now I'm lost.. I'm scared that I will go to hell and.. we have broken up and tried to leave the toxic relationship but we always come back because we love eachother so much... I can't let go and I don't know what to do.. I'm scared and lost and I don't believe in anything anymore. I haven't prayed and weeks and I'm scared...

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Return to your first love, Jesus Christ. He should have had preeminence, prominence, and priority in your life, and he should have been second to none. I will be praying, eleos hymin.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's how the devil works, leaves you hanging in nowhere land, cuts you from the flock. Obviously you didn't heed the warning of not becoming unequally yoked. Muslims have nothing to offer you that works for good regarding your faith unless you are really strong and can convert them. You need to get to a pastor sister. I'm not going to say more than that, except to pray to Jesus as well.

I'm sorry this has happened to you . Go see a pastor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible makes it very clear that you should not be yoked together with an unbeliever (2 Corinthians 6:14). To love God is to obey His words. My only plea to you is to break up the relationship and never marry an unbeliever, In fact, don't date an unbeliever to start with. May God help you.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A month or so ago I was talking about a Muslim friend that I am very in love with... we ended up becoming a couple with the intention of marrying and out love grew deeper. But the problem is our different religions... I'm a Christian and he is a Muslim. For weeks and months he tried to convert me. I've watch hundreds of videos about his faith with him and he always debated and argued and now.. I'm lost. He didn't bring me closer to Islam.. and only brought be farther away from Christianity and now I'm lost.. I'm scared that I will go to hell and.. we have broken up and tried to leave the toxic relationship but we always come back because we love eachother so much... I can't let go and I don't know what to do.. I'm scared and lost and I don't believe in anything anymore. I haven't prayed and weeks and I'm scared...
I'm ever so sorry for everything that you have been going through. It sounds to me like you are having a very rough time, and I can totally understand why. But, if you don't mind my asking, how has watching those videos brought you farther away from Christianity?

And, on an additional note, I might suggest that you not get back together with your Muslim friend. I know that you want to work things out since you both love each other, but if this relationship is toxic, perhaps you need time to examine what made it toxic in the first place. Not only that, but it might be better for you to sort out where you stand religiously and such before committing to a relationship again. It would certainly make things easier and possibly ease up on the doubts that you are having.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You didn't think that having a mahometan boy friend would ever draw you closer to Christianity, did you?

You are not really in love with each other. I don't know about him, but you clearly are simply in love with the idea of being in love with him. Not the same thing at all.

It's the devil making you sacred and keeping you from praying.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand. To me Believing in Jesus is the same as believing that Love is Eternal. In other words God is the Spirit of Love and He is Eternal. The only alternative is to believe that evil conquers Love and god is an eternal hateful tyrant. If You're lost then ask yourself what you would rather believe in, good or evil?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to completely unplug from this man.

And get back to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That is not love. Remember St. Paul's words to the Corinthians:

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

+++

It is time for your to put away the childish thing that you are holding on to -- this 'relationship' with the Muslim boy -- that is harming you and most importantly being a stumbling block for you and inviting Satan into your life to keep you for coming back to God.

Leave the Muslim and all Muslim men alone forever. They cannot truly love you as the Bible tells us true love is, as their religion is their own stumbling block to their maturing out of the errors of Muhammad's false religion and coming to the one true God in Christ.

Come back to Christ and depend only on Him. Do not devote even the tiniest sliver of your heart and soul to anything or anyone else. Pray and supplicate God for your missing strength and direction. He has it and wants to give it to you, when you come to Him in repentance and acknowledgment that you have gone astray.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm ever so sorry for everything that you have been going through. It sounds to me like you are having a very rough time, and I can totally understand why. But, if you don't mind my asking, how has watching those videos brought you farther away from Christianity?

And, on an additional note, I might suggest that you not get back together with your Muslim friend. I know that you want to work things out since you both love each other, but if this relationship is toxic, perhaps you need time to examine what made it toxic in the first place. Not only that, but it might be better for you to sort out where you stand religiously and such before committing to a relationship again. It would certainly make things easier and possibly ease up on the doubts that you are having.
Well.. he is very very controlling and he mad me feel pressured a lot times.. it's toxic because I cry everyday and i don't know why it's so hard to let go.. i know i have to and i told him that but it's very hard..

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well.. he is very very controlling and he mad me feel pressured a lot times.. it's toxic because I cry everyday and i don't know why it's so hard to let go.. i know i have to and i told him that but it's very hard..
Throw out your computer. Get a New Testament. Study it. Pray. This is Satanic.

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You didn't think that having a mahometan boy friend would ever draw you closer to Christianity, did you?

You are not really in love with each other. I don't know about him, but you clearly are simply in love with the idea of being in love with him. Not the same thing at all.

It's the devil making you sacred and keeping you from praying.
I thought I was strong enough to help bring him to Christ but the opposite happened.. he was very judging and sad very mean things about my God..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand. To me Believing in Jesus is the same as believing that Love is Eternal. In other words God is the Spirit of Love and He is Eternal. The only alternative is to believe that evil conquers Love and god is an eternal hateful tyrant. If You're lost then ask yourself what you would rather believe in, good or evil?
Good..

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This sermon helps me when I have gone astray and know that I need to return but am rationalizing why I haven't/don't. If you feel like that applies to you (or even if you don't), I hope it will help you too:

And remember the advice of our father St. John Chrysostom: "Do not be ashamed when you sin and return in repentance in confession; be ashamed when you do not do so."

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That is not love. Remember St. Paul's words to the Corinthians:

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

+++

It is time for your to put away the childish thing that you are holding on to -- this 'relationship' with the Muslim boy -- that is harming you and most importantly being a stumbling block for you and inviting Satan into your life to keep you for coming back to God.

Leave the Muslim and all Muslim men alone forever. They cannot truly love you as the Bible tells us true love is, as their religion is their own stumbling block to their maturing out of the errors of Muhammad's false religion and coming to the one true God in Christ.

Come back to Christ and depend only on Him. Do not devote even the tiniest sliver of your heart and soul to anything or anyone else. Pray and supplicate God for your missing strength and direction. He has it and wants to give it to you, when you come to Him in repentance and acknowledgment that you have gone astray.

Lord have mercy.
I just don't understand why so many people believe in it if it is so evil - Islam I mean.

Upvote 0