Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So he wanted to take me over seas or something and said he wanted us to get the vax at the same time so we can get vax passports and travel.

I told him im still not confident in the vax bc it was churned out so fast and people who are vax can still catch covid. Then the recovery rate and the side affects ranging from myocarditis, bellspalsy ect. Im just noy comfortable with.

He says Im scared and antivax and that's not the issue. I have all my vaccinations its just I want to see the covid vax evolve over time and be much safer than it is. I dont like being pushed to do something. So far him and his dad are on me about getting it and its so annoying

But besides that I feel its so messed uo to say im scared and all of that then say well if youre not gonna get it then i wont either. I told him I support whatever he does but i just wont follow suit.

Idk am i wrong?

• Friendly
Reactions: Taisho

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So he wanted to take me over seas or something and said he wanted us to get the vax at the same time so we can get vax passports and travel.

I told him im still not confident in the vax bc it was churned out so fast and people who are vax can still catch covid. Then the recovery rate and the side affects ranging from myocarditis, bellspalsy ect. Im just noy comfortable with.

He says Im scared and antivax and that's not the issue. I have all my vaccinations its just I want to see the covid vax evolve over time and be much safer than it is. I dont like being pushed to do something. So far him and his dad are on me about getting it and its so annoying

But besides that I feel its so messed uo to say im scared and all of that then say well if youre not gonna get it then i wont either. I told him I support whatever he does but i just wont follow suit.

Idk am i wrong?
I have the same concerns as you. He should respect your opinion and maybe a comprise- travel someplace the vaccine is not required.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have the same concerns as you. He should respect your opinion and maybe a comprise- travel someplace the vaccine is not required.
Right. I felt he didnt respect my opinion but said i was scared in attempt to get me to budge.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I told him im still not confident in the vax bc it was churned out so fast and people who are vax can still catch covid.

You can, but the chance is much less.

Then the recovery rate and the side affects ranging from myocarditis, bellspalsy ect. Im just noy comfortable with.

All of which are rare and less severe than complications from COVID-19 itself.

I have all my vaccinations its just I want to see the covid vax evolve over time and be much safer than it is. I dont like being pushed to do something. So far him and his dad are on me about getting it and its so annoying

The thing is, the longer more people wait to get it, the more chance it will have to spread and mutate in unvaccinated people, and it will be more likely to develop new strains that are less effective against the vaccines. So waiting to get it puts everyone in danger.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The side effects of these vaxes are very few, and all vaccinations (flu, for example) produce SOME cases of people with resultant medical problems. You apparently can contract Covid even after the vax but the record supposedly shows that the illness in that case would not result in hospitalization.

But if you are uncomfortable with that, don't do it and don't go on the trip that the BF wants. There's no middle ground at present.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Taisho
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to do what’s right for you. I would pray on the matter.

God bless!
For me like i stated. The vac is too rushed for me to trust it. The bribery with donuts, money and rolled blunts ( washington) makes me uncomfortable. I do need to pray on it.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The thing is.... we really don't know what the side effects will be. We know what some of them are right now, but even those side effects and deaths are being snuffed by media and social media.
Not saying Covid is anything to sneeze at ...well maybe that is a symptom..... but I also don't like the way it's being pushed....I am resistant to pushy people..... it's just unsettling.
I say Trust God ....make your own informed decision....don't let others push you into anything....no matter what the circumstance.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Idk am i wrong?
You are not wrong. The long term effects are still unknown. I am resisting until at least the two year mark, and quite possibly much longer.

If you are interested, the UK log of adverse effects can be accessed here. If you scroll down, you will see that there are summary reports, and reports for individual vaccines. Note that some vaccines have been more widely used in the UK, so you would expect more incident reports. Unfortunately you will have to judge for yourself whether it is worth the risk, as there is little to no public debate of these incident logs. If you prefer US adverse effect logs, you will need to search for the VAERS reports.

Lastly, it is always wrong to pressurise someone else to take a medical treatment. You have accepted his decision, he must accept yours. If this continues, you may need to review whether this person is a suitable life partner.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Idk am i wrong?
Personally, I'd avoid the Johnson & Johnson, but if there's no reason in your medical history to not get another of the vaccines, I'd advise getting it. My parents are older, so they got vaccinated before I did. They had been fine, so I went ahead and got vaccinated with the same vaccine they received - after all, if they did well, I was probably going to do well. So far, I've been OK.

• Informative
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Idk am i wrong?
If you are not wholly comfortable getting it, don’t get it.

I agree that if your boyfriend can not respect your feelings on the matter, and is trying to push you into something you’re not comfortable with, he may not be husband material. He should respect your thoughts on the matter and let you make up your own mind, in time.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are not wrong. The long term effects are still unknown. I am resisting until at least the two year mark, and quite possibly much longer.

If you are interested, the UK log of adverse effects can be accessed here. If you scroll down, you will see that there are summary reports, and reports for individual vaccines. Note that some vaccines have been more widely used in the UK, so you would expect more incident reports. Unfortunately you will have to judge for yourself whether it is worth the risk, as there is little to no public debate of these incident logs. If you prefer US adverse effect logs, you will need to search for the VAERS reports.

Lastly, it is always wrong to pressurise someone else to take a medical treatment. You have accepted his decision, he must accept yours. If this continues, you may need to review whether this person is a suitable life partner.
Right. I was super nice. I said if you want to get vaxxed. I fully supportyour decision. Idk why he didnt back me.

• Friendly
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are not wholly comfortable getting it, don’t get it.

I agree that if your boyfriend can not respect your feelings on the matter, and is trying to push you into something you’re not comfortable with, he may not be husband material. He should respect your thoughts on the matter and let you make up your own mind, in time.

Yeah i agree. I dont want to be disrespected by him and then mhkids disrespect me in turn bc of him.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thing is.... we really don't know what the side effects will be. We know what some of them are right now, but even those side effects and deaths are being snuffed by media and social media.
Not saying Covid is anything to sneeze at ...well maybe that is a symptom..... but I also don't like the way it's being pushed....I am resistant to pushy people..... it's just unsettling.
I say Trust God ....make your own informed decision....don't let others push you into anything....no matter what the circumstance.

I dont think dont think Covid is anything to sneeze at either but i agree i wont let anyone push me into anythibg. Just makes me sad i accepted his stance but he couldnt accept mines and says im a scaredy cat.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Agree absolutely, this is an individual decision that each individual should come to.
So far the vaccines are only being mandated by some employers, and travel/transportation companies, and schools.
And there are alternatives available in each of those situations as well.
If an employer insists, find another place of employment.
If a school insists, find another school or school district, or learn by remote teaching.
If a medical facility insists, find another medical setting.
If you cannot fly or sail, go by land

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean?
She means don;t cave to pressure or ultimatums that may come as a result of your decision. Stand tall in what you believe, and be ready to gently teach others.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I dont think dont think Covid is anything to sneeze at either but i agree i wont let anyone push me into anythibg. Just makes me sad i accepted his stance but he couldnt accept mines and says im a scaredy cat.
You won't be alone. Remember that, and take heart.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agree absolutely, this is an individual decision that each individual should come to.
So far the vaccines are only being mandated by some employers, and travel/transportation companies, and schools.
And there are alternatives available in each of those situations as well.
If an employer insists, find another place of employment.
If a school insists, find another school or school district, or learn by remote teaching.
If a medical facility insists, find another medical setting.
If you cannot fly or sail, go by land
Right it is individual and i told him if he wanted it thats fine but i dont but he seems to want to do what i do bc he wouldn't take it alone and when I said no he disnt want to do it either. Also my friend had an issue wirh employement forcing the vaxx he had to find another job i think.
Something is going to tempt you
to disregard what God told you to do
...you can set your watch by it.

So when it happens...do not look back.
Right. Im defintely willing to give up the relationship if he keeps pressuring me.
She means don;t cave to pressure or ultimatums that may come as a result of your decision. Stand tall in what you believe, and be ready to gently teach others.
Right ofc. Im a loner so i know ehat its like to stand alone.
I got the vaccine as soon as it became available. I'm not ready to let go of life yet; there are still places I haven't visited and things I haven't done.
and thats your decision :) no judgement from me at all-- Im just not ready to take it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Idk am i wrong?
Something about the whole feel of the matter sits wrong with me. We have here a disease that is about as deadly as the flu, and they are making a BIG DEAL out of it. They have used it for political reasons, which right off the bat makes me suspicious of everything they say about it. Not only do I think the vaccine is unnecessary, but the push to comply with political correctness galls me.

I'm not going to play their game. The same people who turn right for wrong don't have our best interests at heart.

• Agree
Reactions: Bass4Jesus
Upvote 0