• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

My Best Friend!

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, Nov 26, 2020.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    (v.1) 'A friend of Jesus,oh,what bliss,that one so weak as I, should ever have a Friend like this,to LORD me to the sky' (JC Ludgate)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+27,605
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I haven't come across this before, is it the right tune? Very catchy...

3. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Yes! That:s the one,"musicalpilgrim'. Thankyou!

4. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    (Chorus) 'Friendship with Jesus,fellowship divine. Oh,what blessed sweet contentment,Jesus is a Friend of mine' (J C Ludgate)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,085
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Amazing Grace... :)

6. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    This is beautiful,'bella!'. Thank you! For reminding is of our Wonderful Friend's amazing Grace that covers our life and all!

7. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'A Friend when other friendships cease.
    A Friend when others fail. A Friend who gives me joy and peace. A Friend who will prevail' (J C Ludgate)

8. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'A Friend to lead me in the dark. A Friend who knows the way. A Friend to steer my weak,frail bark. A Friend my debts to pay' J C Ludgate)

9. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'A Friend when sickness lays me low. A Friend when death draws near. A Friend,as through the vale I go. A Friend to help and cheer' (J C Ludgate)

10. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+8,304
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Jesus is the best friend any sinner could wish for.
    During his earthly ministry, he loved, cared and extended the hand of friendship towards all manner of sinners.
    His love reached out to the unreachable. Tax collectors, the sexually immoral, thieves, liars, murderers and unbelievers.
    His love touched the untouchable. He touched lepers and made them whole. He healed and set free people who were possessed by demons.
    We have friends who may visit us once a day, maybe once a week, or perhaps they are one of those friends who write to us once a year. But with our Lord, our names are written on His heart and graven on His hands. He never forgets us. He is thinking about us all of the time.
    There are many people in our lives who we hold in great esteem and consider to be our closest friends. And rightly so. They have been faithful to us through life's ups and downs, through triumph and tragedy, for better or worse, and for richer and poorer. Yet they are human beings just like the rest of us, with the same imperfections and vulnerabilities.
    One of my closest friends, who had been extremely loyal and supportive towards me for over 30 years, suddenly and unexpectedly ceased contacting me around two years ago. Messages have gone unanswered and I have been treated as if I no longer exist. There are people I know who have already written messages to this friend completely severing contact and any offer of support. Although I have exchanged very stern words, I will never stop extending the hand of friendship to this person.
    I have let Jesus down many times. I have sinned greviously, I have forsaken him just like the disciple Peter, I have walked away many times. And every occasion I have come back, the Lord has always welcomed me - with love, forgiveness and mercy. As a mere human being, I do not have the vocabulary to describe how the Lord has always welcomed me, so graciously, unconditionally and completely. It is often very difficult to put into words how God rejoices over us, remembers our sins no more, and so warmly and tenderly embraces us.
    My friend may get in contact one day - and if that day comes, they will be welcomed with open arms. Whatever sin, however heinous, will be forgiven, and the relationship restored.
    Jesus is the best of friends. He loves us when we are unloveable. He feels for us when we are hurting. He seeks for us when we are lost. He saves us when we are unsalvageable.
    There is no better friend than Him.

11. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'A Friend when life's rough voyage is o'er. A Friend when death is past. A Friend to meet on heaven's shore. A Friend when home at last' (J C Ludgate)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  12. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'He is a Friend who sticks by us closer than a brother' (Proverbs)

13. Sunshinee777

Sunshinee777 Active Member Supporter

+573
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Yes He is the most precious friend.:clap:
    When everyone leaves, there is always this one who will stick to the end. Love you Jesus.

14. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'What a Friend we have in Jesus,all our sins and friends to bear. What a privilege to carry,everything to God in prayer'

15. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+27,605
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    A wonderful hymn, a wonderful statement of the love and care Jesus has for us.

16. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'The Best Friend to have is Jesus! The Best Friend to have is Jesus. He will hear you when you call. He will help you when you fall. O the best friend to have is Jesus:

17. quietbloke

+47,107
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Froendship with Jesus,fellowship divine. O what blessed sweet communion,Jesus is a Friend of mine'