• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Australia challenge

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Strathos, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+1,177
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Using the same standards of evidence that flat-earthers demand to prove the earth is a globe, prove to me that Australia exists.

After all, I've never been there, and it's not mentioned in the Bible, so therefore it must be one big conspiracy in order to undermine the Christian faith.

Keep in mind that I will not accept:

- Pictures/recordings
    - Maps
    - Eyewitness records

Because all of those could easily be faked to support the conspiracy. So show me some convincing evidence that this so-called 'Australia' place is even real.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  2. Skreeper

Skreeper You keep living in your own lie

+874
    Germany
    Atheist
    Single
    [​IMG]

3. lesliedellow

lesliedellow Member

+2,356
    Calvinist
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Well, I have got this photograph taken from the opposite side of the globe to Australia, and there is no sign of any Australia there. Since it helps bolster your conspiracy theory, I guarantee that it is one photo you will accept.

4. I'm_Sorry

I'm_Sorry Well-Known Member Supporter

+991
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    I'll start up my email server.

Send me an email and I'll track it from for ISP to my House, via the under sea fiber optic cables.

Trace IP Address Using These 4 Tools

Then I'll buy you a ticket to Australia, And see you after you get off the jet.

See you soon.

5. lesliedellow

lesliedellow Member

+2,356
    Calvinist
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    I'm sorry, but that is just plane naive. ICANN is in the pay of the British Government, and any email addressed to that fictitious former colony is redirected to GCHQ.

Wrong again I'm afraid. When civil aviation was getting off the ground, the British Government realised that their deception would soon be exposed. So they started paying airlines to start flights to a remote island in the South Pacific, which was to do service for the non existent Australia.

As for people who claim to live there, well they are either in on the conspiracy as well, or they have been duped into thinking that island in the Pacific is Australia.

Of course, some people might wonder about the motive for all this deception, but, as good conspiracy theorists, we don't want to worry our tiny little heads about that, do we?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. I'm_Sorry

+991
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    I'm really google's quantum d-wave AI, you caught me.

7. I'm_Sorry

+991
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed

8. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+1,177
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Sorry, but why should I believe that? Obviously the conspiracy creates fake IP addresses supposedly from 'Australia' just to trick people into thinking it exists.

You're on. Keep in mind though, you'll have to prove that we're actually in 'Australia', not someplace in Europe or Africa or somewhere that you and your friends in the conspiracy are trying to make me believe is 'Australia'.

9. I'm_Sorry

+991
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed
    I'm really google's d-wave quantum AI :D

Here's your biblical proof:

Genesis 1
    1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 8:11
    And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

10. digitalgoth

digitalgoth Junior Member

+46
    Other Religion
    Crickey! I've got a wallaby in my crocodile!

11. I'm_Sorry

+991
    Australia
    Christian
    Widowed

NASA

12. Kylie

Kylie Previously KTS

+1,537
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Sounds to me like the only thing that would convince you is to go there yourself and map it so you can see for yourself that it is there.

In other words: Don't take my word for it, try it and see for yourself.

13. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+527
    Baptist
    Married
    You demand an answer.
    But I question the question.
    Why do you want the proof? How would the existence of Australia have anything to do with a flat earth?

14. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+1,796
    Atheist
    Whooosh!

Hint: it's an equally absurd analogy.

15. JackRT

JackRT "Karma" can bite you in the butt

+6,188
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Wasn't it the Dutch explorer Tasman who invented Australia and we all know what liars the Dutch are. After all they did it before --- they invented the lie of New Amsterdam and then they actually sold it to those gullible Englishmen. Those dang money grubbing Dutch! They are to blame for all this.

16. USincognito

USincognito The Spite Reporters Win Supporter

+6,142
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Wait a minute! Holland is supposedly on the "opposite" side of the earth from Australia and the Dutch wear funny shoes while Aussies wear funny hats.

Suddenly it all makes sense!!!

17. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+203
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Flat earthers do not have a problem with pictures/recordings...they have a problem with artist renderings, CGI, and artifacts/glitches.

There are aerial photographs of Australia (not composites, not CGI, not artist renderings) and we can navigate to it using a reference point and a heading (old world navigation).

The pictures of the globe earth are not real....they are artist renderings (it even says so in the caption in NASA site).

18. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+203
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    This is what we have a problem with:

Look at this rubbish shown to the public about DNA:
    [​IMG]

IT'S AN ARTIST RENDERING.

Show me the actual DNA looking like that:
    [​IMG]

What rubbish.

Look at what the science says:
    It's all guesswork! DNA does not exist. A bunch of college students mixing up cell debris in a piece of equipment looking for $$$ funding does not prove anything.

19. JackRT

JackRT "Karma" can bite you in the butt

+6,188
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    The real and most disturbing aspect about science is that it works and it works extremely well. It can be derided. It can be mocked. But it just keeps on working.

20. MrSpikey

MrSpikey Well-Known Member

+710
    Atheist
    Private
    Well, if those are the rules:

Strathos US-Democrat

The US isn't mentioned in the bible and is therefore also part of this conspiracy. You obviously don't exist, and neither does your question.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List