Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Sometimes we can easily see the winner by looking closely at the early exit poll questions. Other times we can see that it is close, but that one candidate might have a slight edge. Other times we can see no trend at all. Based upon all the questions and poll results thus far, it looks like a slight advantage to Jones, but we cannot be certain, partly because the final exit poll results are not in and also because exit polls are not totally reliable. However, here is what we have thus far:

The exit poll voters view of President Trump was even, a surprise when he won AL by 28 pts last year. Their view of Dem Party is -8, but this is the same for the Rep Party, -8. This is nothing less than shocking in heavily Republican Alabama and would seem to indicate that Dems are showing up at a higher rate than Republicans and that Independents are breaking more for the Dems. However, perhaps the most important indicator is that their view of Jones is 49-49, while Moore is -13 points on the likability question. Finally, as to the question of if they believe the sexual allegations against Judge Moore, 49-45, they do believe the women.

Take what you want from these exit polls, but it looks thus far like a slight advantage to Jones. However, there could be a hidden vote for Moore that is not reflected in the exit poll questions.

Some new exit poll results: White voters - 65%, Black voters - 30%. CNN says the results here for the Black vote is close to what it was in Obama's two races. Party I.D. results has it 43% Republican, 37% Democrat and 20 % Independent.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sarah G

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
An update on the early Exit Polls...

Who would you like to see control the Senate, Dems - 43%, Repubs - 51%. This is one exit poll result that seems to favor Judge Moore, so his supporters on this board should not give up hope yet.

Another update.... Jones shares my values: +1%, Moore is -3%, so this question slightly favors Jones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Two thirds of the vote and Moore leads by 7 points. This one’s over, unless strange things usually happen late in Alabama elections...?

I think the Mobile area, where only a small portion of the vote is in, will tighten the race up, but not enough for Jones to win.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the Mobile area, where only a small portion of the vote is in, will tighten the race up, but not enough for Jones to win.

Ok, I just looked on the NYT site and they haven’t reported any results from Dallas county...would that area make a difference...?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I just looked on the NYT site and they haven’t reported any results from Dallas county...would that area make a difference...?

Not sure how that county votes, but I know the Mobile area is heavy on the democrat side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not sure how that county votes, but I know the Mobile area is heavy on the democrat side.

You were right about the tightening...less than 20% of the vote to come in and it’s now less than a point in it....

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At my reading, 85% has reported, with Moore leading by less than 1%. Two counties, Monroe and Pike, haven't reported, and both lean Republican.

Sorry, both of those have reported 100%. NYT projection is that the great bulk of remaining votes go to Jones and he wins by around 2 points...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.