Psalms 18:1-2,16-19

“I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.”

The Scriptures speak much on the subject of God’s enemies who are the enemies of those who are followers of God – of those who are followers of Jesus Christ. If we are the Lord’s disciples, and if our hearts are surrendered to him to do his will, we are going to be hated and mistreated like he was hated and mistreated. We are going to be opposed. We are going to be fought against and falsely accused of things we did not do. And we are going to be rejected and told to go someplace else, for they don’t want us.

Satan is going to fight against us in our minds, too. He will try to bring confusion into our minds or to try to get us to be afraid. For he wants to pull us away from our sincere devotion to Jesus Christ. His goal is to make us fearful, and to get us to doubt God, and to get us to retreat and to give up because the battle got that much fiercer. But he also wants to bring confusion into our minds hoping we will go the wrong direction thinking that we are following the Lord. So we must take refuge in the Lord.

When Satan is attacking me in my mind and I am not getting clear direction from the Lord, I will stop whatever I am doing and even close it up and put it away and then I will get alone with God and call on him for him to show me the way in which he would have me to go. And I had to do that today in order to know what I was supposed to talk about and write on, because Satan was fighting against me in my mind. And I am not going to move forward unless I have clear direction from the Lord.

So, when Satan is attacking you in your mind and in your emotions, or when he is trying to put confusion in your mind so you don’t know which way to go, or when he tries to make you afraid of other people and what they might do to you, get alone with God and just let him speak to your heart. Resist the enemy and do not let him get a foothold in your life. But let the Lord be your support. Let him rescue you from these enemy attacks. And let him speak truth to your hearts and minds. And let him fill you with his peace.

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

Welcome To Our World

By Chris Rice

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting
Welcome Holy Child

Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger sent to heal us