Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Gang Shooting in Chicago is now OK. Well technically it's not prosecuted.

It makes me wonder if this is one of those things that is done because of all the talk of minorities in gangs going to prison and the way to fix it is to just not enforce the laws on the books, kind of like what Liberals do with other problems like: allowing a mass influx of illegal aliens, not enforcing regulations on homelessness encampments, enabling drug addiction among the homeless, and not prosecuting shop lifting since Covid in many big cities.

'Mutual Combat': Chicago Prosecutor Won't Charge Five Gang Members Involved in Deadly Shootout - The Truth About Guns

Prosecutors reject charges for 5 suspects involved in deadly Chicago shootout, cite mutual combat: Report

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It makes me wonder if this is one of those things that is done because of all the talk of minorities in gangs going to prison and the way to fix it is to just not enforce the laws on the books, kind of like what Liberals do with other problems like: allowing a mass influx of illegal aliens, not enforcing regulations on homelessness encampments, enabling drug addiction among the homeless, and not prosecuting shop lifting since Covid in many big cities.

'Mutual Combat': Chicago Prosecutor Won't Charge Five Gang Members Involved in Deadly Shootout - The Truth About Guns

Prosecutors reject charges for 5 suspects involved in deadly Chicago shootout, cite mutual combat: Report

It's really hard to collect deterrent level fines from:
gangs
illegal's
the homeless
drug addicts
and shop lifters.

And the jails are pretty packed with weed smokers already.

Perhaps if conservatives could produce a penal system that worked?

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When a country supports the carrying of guns for defence even against their constitution, in which they are for a militia to protect the country, like archery was in medieval England it is not surprising that violence becomes a means of settling disputes.
In LOve
Jay Sea

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well to that response I will have to post a section of one of the articles.

"The story of prosecutors nixing charges is making national news :

Illinois prosecutors rejected charging five suspects in a deadly gang-related shootout that unfolded in Chicago, despite police reportedly seeking to charge all five suspects with murder and aggravated battery.

The shootout took place in the Austin community of Chicago Friday morning, and was reportedly sparked by an internal dispute between two factions of the Four Corner Hustlers gang, the Chicago Sun Times reported, citing an internal police report and a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.

Five men were taken into custody over the shootout, which required a SWAT team response and led to police finding more than 70 shell casings. One shooter was left dead and two of the suspects wounded.

The police source told the outlet that law enforcement sought murder and aggravated battery charges for all five suspects.

By Sunday morning, however, they were released without charges.

Do you think a licensed concealed carrier would have dodged prosecution if he’d had a negligent discharge somewhere on the streets of the city?"

And the answer to that question is obviously no because the city has strict gun laws compared to the rest of the country the District Attorney is just not enforcing them when it comes to blatant criminals.

The video is very interesting, they are just letting the gang stuff run wild.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well to that response I will have to post a section of one of the articles.

"The story of prosecutors nixing charges is making national news :

Illinois prosecutors rejected charging five suspects in a deadly gang-related shootout that unfolded in Chicago, despite police reportedly seeking to charge all five suspects with murder and aggravated battery.

The shootout took place in the Austin community of Chicago Friday morning, and was reportedly sparked by an internal dispute between two factions of the Four Corner Hustlers gang, the Chicago Sun Times reported, citing an internal police report and a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.

Five men were taken into custody over the shootout, which required a SWAT team response and led to police finding more than 70 shell casings. One shooter was left dead and two of the suspects wounded.

The police source told the outlet that law enforcement sought murder and aggravated battery charges for all five suspects.

By Sunday morning, however, they were released without charges.

Do you think a licensed concealed carrier would have dodged prosecution if he’d had a negligent discharge somewhere on the streets of the city?"

And the answer to that question is obviously no because the city has strict gun laws compared to the rest of the country the District Attorney is just not enforcing them when it comes to blatant criminals.

The video is very interesting, they are just letting the gang stuff run wild.
Why don’t we have stricter gun control laws like Canada, Australia, or England? These countries have stricter gun control laws and less murder. Why sell guns to convicted felons without background checks? Why do people need semi auto assault rifles? Households who own guns are more likely to have one of their own die of gunshot wounds.

Matthew 25:34-36
Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

That settles it.

See a gang shooting in Chicago? Toss a grenade.

Whole neighborhoods might start organizing so they can claim they are a gang under mutual combat and such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why don’t we have stricter gun control laws like Canada, Australia, or England? These countries have stricter gun control laws and less murder. Why sell guns to convicted felons without background checks? Why do people need semi auto assault rifles? Households who own guns are more likely to have one of their own die of gunshot wounds.
.’

guns do not kill people
people kill people

So we have a people problem not a gun problem

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That settles it.

See a gang shooting in Chicago? Toss a grenade.

Whole neighborhoods might start organizing so they can claim they are a gang under mutual combat and such.

How far can we take this, domestic violence would fall under this "mutual combat" as it takes two to fight

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if conservatives could produce a penal system that worked?

that might happen if conservatives were in office, but Illinois is definitely in the liberal side of the equation.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
guns do not kill people
people kill people

Agree 100%

Which means the United States is the only developed country in the world that has people.
Or perhaps, the United States is the only developed country in the world that has this particular people problem. Or could it be the United States is the only developed country in the world were the people who have this problem also have guns?
It's really quite the quandary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
FBI Stats: 2020 Saw Twice as Many People Killed with Knives than with Shotguns and Rifles Combined

The latest crime statistics gathered by the FBI show that more than twice as many people were murdered with knives than rifles and shotguns combined.

This fact of course shoots a big hole (no pun intended) in the anti-gun crowd’s argument that the United States would be so much safer if AR-15s and other so-called “assault weapons” were banned.

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report released Monday shows that 454 people were killed with rifles of all types and another 203 were killed by shotguns.

Together they totaled 657 murders.

Meanwhile, 1,732 were killed by knives or cutting instruments.

Weapons 2019

Total deaths 13,927
Total firearms: 10,258
Handguns 6,368
Rifles 364
Shotguns 200

Other guns 45

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

DEATHS FROM DRUNK-DRIVING CRASHES IN 2019

So DUI deaths is almost equal to total firearm deaths.

Drunk Driving | NHTSA

"in the anti-gun crowd’s argument that the United States would be so much safer if AR-15s and other so-called “assault weapons” were banned."

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Agree 100%

Which means the United States is the only developed country in the world that has people.
Or perhaps, the United States is the only developed country in the world that has this particular people problem. Or could it be the United States is the only developed country in the world were the people who have this problem also have guns?
It's really quite the quandary.

It is the lack of a relationship with Jesus

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It is the lack of a relationship with Jesus
Ah, I see.
That means the people of every other developed nation on earth have a better relationship with Jesus than those in the U.S. That makes sense.
That throws a little doubt on the concept of the United States being a Christian nation, doncha' think?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
guns do not kill people
people kill people

There is a problem with greedy people wanting to sell guns to people who have been convicted of armed robbery, assault, homicide etc.

Greedy people have opposed gun control.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
guns do not kill people
people kill people

HI OHC,

Ahhhh, the wiley 'guns don't kill, people kill' defense. I've always wondered why whalers don't just stand on the side of their whaling boats and scream whales to death or threaten them to death with a tirade of murderous complaints. Somehow they always seem to use those big harpoons and everyone knows that 'harpoons don't kill whales, people kill whales'.

Or deer hunters (or any other land based game hunters) don't just walk through the woods yelling all of the deer to be dead. The deer would just fall down at their feet dead just by their murderous threats. Somehow they always have to fire a weapon of some kind to 'kill' the beast. Is it really the people killing the animal or the weapon?

I can see how some of fairly illogical thinking processes might consider that it isn't the gun that kills, and to be completely correct, it isn't the gun that kills. It's the little metal projectile that the gun fires that kills, but the gun allows us to throw that little metal projectile at some living creature in a manner that it will enter the body and do enough damage to kill someone. I mean, maybe that's the answer. All hunters just buy a box of shells or bullets and stand out there in the woods and throw them at deer. We could take the gun completely out of the equation and see how many animals, and people, die from having bullets thrown at them. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA.

I can just picture the scene in Chicago. Two gangs lined up or driving by and everyone holding a box of ammunition and throwing it at the other gang. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FBI Stats: 2020 Saw Twice as Many People Killed with Knives than with Shotguns and Rifles Combined

The latest crime statistics gathered by the FBI show that more than twice as many people were murdered with knives than rifles and shotguns combined.

This fact of course shoots a big hole (no pun intended) in the anti-gun crowd’s argument that the United States would be so much safer if AR-15s and other so-called “assault weapons” were banned.

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report released Monday shows that 454 people were killed with rifles of all types and another 203 were killed by shotguns.

Weapons 2019

Total deaths 13,927
Handguns 6,368
Rifles 364
Shotguns 200

Other guns 45

Drunk Driving | NHTSA

"in the anti-gun crowd’s argument that the United States would be so much safer if AR-15s and other so-called “assault weapons” were banned."
The BBC reported 73% of all homicides in the U.S. were done by gunshot (2019).
America's gun culture in charts

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi OHC,

That's probably true. Rifles and shotguns aren't generally the firearm of choice for killers. I honestly can't remember the last firearm's death report that indicated that either of those types of weapons were used. They are bulky to deal with and much harder to hide under the seat or in a suitcase or one's belt. They also don't load nearly as many projectiles as the modern day handgun or semi-automatic.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again OHC,

I mean, you really have to question any comparison of a blade and a firearm in the responsibility of death, when the firearm count is only 657 deaths. Surely most of us are smart enough to figure out that such a comparison can't possibly be used to compare the total of firearms deaths against the total of blade deaths. After all, the total of firearms deaths in 2020 was nearly 20,000. So, some research study that only includes 657 of those 20,000, to make a policy statement is, by the very nature of the numbers, flawed.

However, I understand that this is the NRA trying to convince some that this effort to curb firearms deaths through some sort of firearms restriction of use, is a wasted effort because everyone knows, as the assumptive inference would be, that more people are killed with knives than firearms. That's what is referred to in the business as 'spin'. Unfortunately, there are some who are dense enough to believe it.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see.
That means the people of every other developed nation on earth have a better relationship with Jesus than those in the U.S. That makes sense.
That throws a little doubt on the concept of the United States being a Christian nation, doncha' think?

Christian in name only IMHO

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Seeing how most American "Christians" do not keep his commandments then I would not call America a Christian nation
(yes I am referring to the fourth of the ten commandments)

Matthew 7:22-24
King James Version

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

Matthew 5:18-19
King James Version

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Weapons 2019

Total deaths 13,927
Handguns 6,368
Rifles 364
Shotguns 200

Other guns 45

Drunk Driving | NHTSA

Man armed with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway ...
www.cbsnews.com › news › norway-bow-and-ar...

3 days ago — Stockholm, Sweden — A man armed with a bow fired arrows at shoppers in a small Norwegian town Wednesday, killing five people before he was ..
BSA2K43J75FMFFNEOXIROO7UR4.jpg

Upvote 0