Mutations that result in evolution.

Micaiah

Dec 29, 2002
Western Australia
Visit site
✟2,837.00
Faith
Christian
What are the requirements of the type of mutation that evolutionists believe can turn the first theorised living organism into a person over time through the process of evolution.

Here is my list of requirements:

1. The mutation is random
2. The mutation results in an increase in the number of base pairs.
3. The mutation results in a viable change that gives a survival advantage.
4. The mutation must involved no more than a single nucleotide.

Note: This is not the place to debate the points in someones list. Simply post your own list of requirements in point form.

Any posts that do not comply will be reported.

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. The mutation is a mutation.

Micaiah said:

You know, we're typically a little more graceful than this, in this forum. A thread will do what it does.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Micaiah said:
What are the requirements of the type of mutation that evolutionists believe can turn the first theorised living organism into a person over time through the process of evolution.

Here is my list of requirements:

1. The mutation is random
2. The mutation results in an increase in the number of base pairs.
not necessary all the time.
it might be neutral initially.
4. The mutation must involved no more than a single nucleotide.
no justification.
Note: This is not the place to debate the points in someones list. Simply post your own list of requirements in point form.

this is a discussion forum, and threatening people with reporting them for something that isn't against the rules will not endear people to you. It makes people inclined to just ignore your thread and do what you don't want them to do. The report button is only for things that are against the rules, so if you report us, you are breaking the rules more than we are. If you really want people to comply, what I suggest is this:

you ask nicely, and say that if people want to discuss your points, they can do so in another thread. Attempting to censor conversation only looks bad.

now if you remove the threat and ask nicely, I'll remove this post.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Micaiah said:
5. In multicellular organisms ie. most plants and animals, the mutation must occur in one of the sex cells or gametes.

not strictly true, but quite close. it must occur somewhere along the germ line. say for instance, a cell has been fertilised. It then divides into two cells. If there is a mutation in one of these cells such that one cell is slightly different to the other, and the mutated cell then goes on to create the cells that create the cells ...... that create the genitals, then the mutation may be inherited (with 50% probability).

but good point otherwise, now I have 2.

(1) the mutation must not lead to sterility
(2) the mutation must occur on the germline.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dragar

Like the root of -1
Jan 27, 2004
✟14,331.00
Faith
Atheist
Micaiah said:

Not a requirement. As JB said, it may be neutral initially, or neutral forever and just happened to end up in the genepool.

Survival advantage is also wrong. You only need to increase reproductive success, and survival advantage is just one way of doing this.

Upvote 0