Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Did not know PP was covering up sex abuse victims, and UCLA didn't support pregnant women. For pro-choice there is only one choice: death.
Naturally.
The natural man, rebelled against God, against Life, against Jesus. Therefore death.

For pro-Bible, there is only one choice: LIFE IN JESUS !

footnote: LIFE IN JESUS, there is not actually any debate about killing babies - that's not even an option IN JESUS.

It is about CHOOSING JESUS, BEING SAVED IN JESUS.

• Winner
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you watch the video? Specifically about what the nurse at UCLA told her?

I am pro-choice, when my ex-girlfriend was pregnant five times, we had all five children. We didn't even bring up abortion. When my ex-wife who has multiple sclerosis had two children, we never brought up the topic of abortion. Had both kids.

Pro-choice doesn't mean there is only one choice.

Is the statement I quoted your statement or a statement from the video? I don't have over an hour to watch this.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am pro-choice, when my ex-girlfriend was pregnant five times, we had all five children. We didn't even bring up abortion. When my ex-wife who has multiple sclerosis had two children, we never brought up the topic of abortion. Had both kids.

Is the statement I quoted your statement or a statement from the video? I don't have over an hour to watch this.

Would you share the reasons you're pro-choice? I am glad to hear that your children were not killed.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Would you share the reasons you're pro-choice? I am glad to hear that your children were not killed.

Because I don't believe that anyone has the right to tell another person what to do with their body, that includes a pregnant woman and that includes abortion. It is their choice. I would never tell anyone what to do with their own body. Even as an EMT, I ask if they want me to treat them, ask them each step of the way if they would like this done to them. The only time I don't is when they are unconscious and then it's implied consent. Those who have DNRs have made their choice and I must respect them.

Choice means exactly that. It doesn't mean automatic abortion. It means someone gets to choose.

That is all I am going to say on this subject as discussion never really stays civil and ends up being non-productive. I am pro-choice, have been all my life and will continue till the day that I die.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Agreed... I actually would consider myself pro-choice and yet I am absolutely against Abortion. The problem is, the culture has defined "pro-choice" as "pro-abortion" and we can't change the definition. It takes a movement and a majority in order for a word to change meaning within a culture.

~ says the guy who longs to have the word "gender" return to being only a grammatical term! LOL :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟471,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Did not know PP was covering up sex abuse victims, and UCLA didn't support pregnant women. For pro-choice there is only one choice: death.

This is evil, vile and depraved. That young woman is a hero for her work in exposing this shocking, vile cruelty. Thank you @98cwitr for sharing this with us.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟471,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Because I don't believe that anyone has the right to tell another person what to do with their body, that includes a pregnant woman and that includes abortion. It is their choice. I would never tell anyone what to do with their own body. Even as an EMT, I ask if they want me to treat them, ask them each step of the way if they would like this done to them. The only time I don't is when they are unconscious and then it's implied consent. Those who have DNRs have made their choice and I must respect them.

Choice means exactly that. It doesn't mean automatic abortion. It means someone gets to choose.

That is all I am going to say on this subject as discussion never really stays civil and ends up being non-productive. I am pro-choice, have been all my life and will continue till the day that I die.

Except of course, the infant in the womb is really not their body after conception. But even then, there is a precedent for restricting what people do with their body, and that relates to mental health and drugs legislation. People are not free to commit suicide (except when they are, due to euthanasia legalization), people are not free to take certain drugs; people with certain mental illnesses are often not free at all, or less free than they could be or ought to be given the treatability of their condition.

One reason I parted ways with the UCC is because of the latter’s failure to stay in lockstep with mainstream Christianity in rejecting abortion.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's another must-see video, only a couple of minutes long, particularly for those who draw a distinction between pro-abortion and pro-choice. It outlines some of the changes a society goes through when it makes human life disposable. Evil becomes mundane and accepted, even ignored. It seems the moderators want to cut the guy off at the end.

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The true agenda of PP is evident: expose the deeds of darkness, death & lying.

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people & said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever FOLLOWS ME will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 8:37-47 I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you. I speak of what I have seen IN the presence of My Father & you do what you have HEARD FROM your father.” “Abraham is our father,” they replied. “If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham.

40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. You are doing the WORKS of your father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are UNABLE to accept My message.

44You BELONG to your father, THE DEVIL & you want to CARRY OUT HIS DESIRES. He was a MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING, REFUSING to uphold the truth, because there is NO truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar & THE FATHER OF LIES.

45But because I speak the truth, you do NOT believe Me! Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do NOT BELONG to God.”

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed... I actually would consider myself pro-choice and yet I am absolutely against Abortion. The problem is, the culture has defined "pro-choice" as "pro-abortion" and we can't change the definition. It takes a movement and a majority in order for a word to change meaning within a culture.

~ says the guy who longs to have the word "gender" return to being only a grammatical term! LOL :)

But has "the culture" defined pro-choice as pro-abortion? I would say that that some who call themselves pro-life have done that, but not the culture overall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But has "the culture" defined pro-choice as pro-abortion? I would say that that some who call themselves pro-life have done that, but not the culture overall.
Even if started by pro-lifers (which we cannot prove nor disprove and it's kind of irrelevant at this point anyway) our political culture uses "pro-choice" to mean "pro-abortion." That really isn't arguable at this point, respectfully.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Even if started by pro-lifers (which we cannot prove nor disprove and it's kind of irrelevant at this point anyway) our political culture uses "pro-choice" to mean "pro-abortion." That really isn't arguable at this point, respectfully.
I disagree. Again, the only people I see using pro-choice to mean pro-abortion are those who call themselves pro-life. If you have evidence to support your claim I would love to see it.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. Again, the only people I see using pro-choice to mean pro-abortion are those who call themselves pro-life. If you have evidence to support your claim I would love to see it.
Fine, disagree. The only people I see using pro-choice are national political figures whose voting record shows they support abortion.

Have a great day.

(Like this needs to be a debate????)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fine, disagree. The only people I see using pro-choice are national political figures whose voting record shows they support abortion.

In other words, you have no evidence to support your claim.

Have a great day.

You too!

(Like this needs to be a debate????)

It is in the discussion and debate forum.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you have no evidence to support your claim.
SMH

It is in the discussion and debate forum.
Here is the OP:

"Did not know PP was covering up sex abuse victims, and UCLA didn't support pregnant women. For pro-choice there is only one choice: death."

What we are discussing isn't relevant to this topic. I have personally seen almost exclusively that those who use "pro-choice" as their personal description are pro-abortion. If you don't agree, fine... it doesn't matter >>>THIS IS WHAT I HAVE WITNESSED<< If you have witnessed a majority in another direction...fine, I am not disputing your claim. But you keep going ahead and disputing mine. Maybe someday I will come back and read your reply to this. :)

Be blessed.
Ken

Upvote 0