Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I do honestly think there is a difference between American or "Western" Islam and Middle-East Islam or maybe it should be called "Sharia" Islam. I think Islam practiced without this Sharia law is pretty benign. I used to practice it myself and the people I was involved with were basically multicultural, mostly African American, some Arab, some white and then there was no terrorism going on (early to mid nineties). I did have a friend who moved to India to study Islam at that time so maybe Sharia is how they end up if they keep learning and growing long enough.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
maybe its time for us, the politically correct west, to reflect on this. I'm certainly questioning my own ecumenical views. Is it time to just say "Islam" is the wrong choice?

As a Christian, I understand Islam as an idolatrous religion, serving a false God, so is there any way in which it could be the right choice?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think she's courageous. It's impressive what she is doing! She is making herself a target of Islamic terrorists too.

It seems that people who have experienced life under Islam and its Sharia Law (and left it), especially women, seem to be singing the same tune.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
As a Christian, I understand Islam as an idolatrous religion, serving a false God, so is there any way in which it could be the right choice?
I guess I hesitate to have as strong a view as you have, yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have done a bit of research, looked at the Quran and talked with Muslims and it seems like the religion suffers from the same thing other ones do: they stray from the original teaching of their Leader and listened to teachers who have taken the faith far astray into the ways of the devil.
Not all of them, mind you, but many. The teachings appeal to the egos of the listeners and turn others into enemies that need to be punished or killed.

This is the danger in organized religion.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have done a bit of research, looked at the Quran and talked with Muslims and it seems like the religion suffers from the same thing other ones do: they stray from the original teaching of their Leader and listened to teachers who have taken the faith far astray into the ways of the devil.
Not all of them, mind you, but many. The teachings appeal to the egos of the listeners and turn others into enemies that need to be punished or killed.

Are you a Christian? If so, how do you speak of all religions as if they are, or have the potential to be, good?

Upvote 0

noam burde

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
zikim israel
Visit site
✟57,439.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

did you even watch the video?

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you a Christian? If so, how do you speak of all religions as if they are, or have the potential to be, good?
Yes, and I do see good things in most religions, so yes they can be good. But they also have facets that can be taken out of context and changed into evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and I do see good things in most religions, so yes they can be good. But they also have facets that can be taken out of context and changed into evil.

A false god, an idol, can be good? People practicing idolatry can be a good thing? Please explain, from a Christian worldview, how you have come to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing this video, i hope u dont mind but i shared it with another kid on here that was asking how to tell his christian parents that he was turning to Muslim. Thanks and God bless.

*shocking*

You're welcome.

I fear we will be hearing many more stories of kids doing that. They have the ill-conceived notion that it's cool.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
According to Open Doors, 9 out of 10 of the countries which severely persecute Christians are Muslim. How is it that there are any Christians who defend, support, and help Islam flourish, and usher in this kind of danger to Christians in the West? https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

• Agree
Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
According to Open Doors, 9 out of 10 of the countries which severely persecute Christians are Muslim. How is it that there are any Christians who defend, support, and help Islam flourish, and usher in this kind of danger to Christians in the West? https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

Because not all Muslims are in those countries.

Upvote 0