Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As an unfortunate of a scenario as it is, the old saying of "A common enemy makes Brothers of us all" definitely holds some truth.

It's unfortunate that we can't have a scenario like that simply for the sake of being good people when there isn't a "common enemy" present.

Reactions: Tiny Bible
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're right, no scenarios ever exists where people are good people without a common enemy.

:rolleyes:

lol, well they do...but typically not between people who are on polar opposite sides of an ideological fence.

For example, us and the Russians during WW2...would the two nations even be giving each other the time of day if it weren't for the common hatred of nazi Germany at the time?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love seeing things like this. It is a refreshing contrast to the "they're all evil" rhetoric I sometimes hear. One of them warm and squishy stories!!!
It seems all of us get defined by the worst of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As an unfortunate of a scenario as it is, the old saying of "A common enemy makes Brothers of us all" definitely holds some truth.

It's unfortunate that we can't have a scenario like that simply for the sake of being good people when there isn't a "common enemy" present.
Good post.
Are you familiar with the OT story of Isaac/Israelites and Ishmael/Islam? They were both brothers, sons of Abraham but born from 2 different women.

Gen 17:20
“And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly.
He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.

Gen 25:9

And Isaac and Ishmael, his sons, bury him at the cave of Machpelah, at the field of Ephron, son of Zoar the Hittite, which is before Mamre --

1Ch 1:28
Sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.

images

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0