bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard about this stuff before, but an interesting recent article concerning Muslims being given visions of the real Jesus and told where to go to hear the true gospel. Seems to roughly mimis the Damascus road experience of Saul in certain details.

From the article:

The Other Iranian Revolution | Christianity Today

The Vision Thing
The Berlin baptism is a small piece in a mosaic of faith covering all of Germany, crossing denominational barriers and extending into Iran itself. Some German clerics speak of a divinely scripted drama that includes countless reports of Muslims having visions of Jesus. According to Martens and others interviewed for this article, most of these appearances follow a pattern reported by converts throughout the Islamic world: Muslims see a figure of light, sometimes bearing the features of Christ, sometimes not. But they instantly know who he is. He always makes it clear that he is Jesus of the Bible, not Isa of the Qur'an, and he directs them to specific pastors, priests, congregations, or house churches, where they later hear the gospel.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that especially in nations like Turkey, a place where there are more mosques than Christians that many Muslims are having visions of Jesus and the few missionaries and believers there are having an easier time evangelizing because of these visions.

Praise the Lord for that! Hallelujah the Lord is still visiting the nations of the Earth. Oh Lord pour out Your Spirit of revelation upon us.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I've heard about this stuff before, but an interesting recent article concerning Muslims being given visions of the real Jesus and told where to go to hear the true gospel. Seems to roughly mimis the Damascus road experience of Saul in certain details.

From the article:

The Vision Thing
The Berlin baptism is a small piece in a mosaic of faith covering all of Germany, crossing denominational barriers and extending into Iran itself. Some German clerics speak of a divinely scripted drama that includes countless reports of Muslims having visions of Jesus. According to Martens and others interviewed for this article, most of these appearances follow a pattern reported by converts throughout the Islamic world: Muslims see a figure of light, sometimes bearing the features of Christ, sometimes not. But they instantly know who he is. He always makes it clear that he is Jesus of the Bible, not Isa of the Qur'an, and he directs them to specific pastors, priests, congregations, or house churches, where they later hear the gospel.
I know a lady who was Buddhist and had a dream where Jesus came to her, told her who He was and what He did for her. She was not directed to a certain pastor but she called around to several pastors in the area. They all thought she was crazy. Then she called the pastor of the church I was attending at the time. He had her come in, shared the gospel with her, she accepted Jesus as Savior. She and one of her young sons were also delivered of several demons. She was not shy about telling people what God had done for her.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

From the article:

The Vision Thing
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: This is very timely for me personally.

About 8 years ago, three different people - one a military chaplain all said that my fundamentalist Muslim spouse would have a Damascus Road experience like Paul's. Alas I couldn't remain with the kids, to witness that happening but I've recently felt led to pray for his salvation again.

This article has shed some light on that and reminded me of what they said. If anyone feels led please remember him in your prayers.

Reactions: Faulty
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I've been hearing this for the last couple of years. I'm not sure where we get the idea that whether someone is saved or not depends on us humans alone. Yes, preaching the gospel is vital (Mark 16:15) but Scripture also says that Yahweh draws us such as John 6:44 says "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him..."

SpiritPsalmist really glad your pastor realizes that Godly dreams are for today (Acts 2:17) and was able to talk with her and she received the gospel and was saved. LotuspetalUK, yes praying for your husband.

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0