Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Palestinians claim Jerusalem is their capital.

Jerusalem is considered a sacred site in Islamic tradition. Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad visited the city on a mystic’s journey.

Note: The Quran does not mention Jerusalem by name.

I looked for the name Jerusalem in the Quran, but I could not find it.

How do Muslims reason that Jerusalem is theirs?

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is probably in some of their supplemental documents like the Hadith.
I am of course only speculating ( not being a muslim) but I believe prior to the Quran that Mohammad was influenced by the hearing of the Torah ( he was illiterate ) and also was influenced by various sects of christians . I believe it is natural ( verses supernatural ) being in the flesh , one still has a veil before the eyes and is unable to see eternal things . It becomes about me and not about God. ( Paul mentioned that the veil was still over the eyes of many the Jews of his day during the reading of the Torah. ) So for a Muslim , Jerusalem belongs to THEM. Many Jews and Christians still hold to their understanding of the old covenant ( which excludes the gentiles ..though it actually predicts those that were not a people , will be called the sons of God . ) Many still hold to the old Jerusalem rather than the New Jerusalem which is above ( whose maker and builder is God . ) How tragic to fight over a temporal piece of clay based on an old covenant and to forsake a new covenant which is eternal. The old Jerusalem was built through bloodshed . The new Jerusalem was built through shed blood. Who shall tell the gospel to the Jews ? The good news ? How shall they be taught to love their enemies ?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How tragic to fight over a temporal piece of clay based on an old covenant and to forsake a new covenant which is eternal. The old Jerusalem was built through bloodshed . The new Jerusalem was built through shed blood.
You fail to see the importance of the city of Jerusalem to the return to earth of our Messiah. He returns to the City, specifically to the Mount of Olives near the Eastern gate.

Zech 14.4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.​

That is the actual earthly City of Jerusalem, not the New Jerusalem.
Also, consider HIS words spoken from that same place:

Matt 23.37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38 Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39 For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’”​

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who shall tell the gospel to the Jews ? The good news ? How shall they be taught to love their enemies ?
That is the function of us Messianics.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't take islam seriously in any way except for one: it's adherents can be dangerous. Beyond that it is beyond silly. A single man writes down a bunch of stuff, constantly changes his story as his situation changes, and people actually take him seriously. I don't understand it.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
You fail to see the importance of the city of Jerusalem to the return to earth of our Messiah. He returns to the City, specifically to the Mount of Olives near the Eastern gate.

Zech 14.4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.​

That is the actual earthly City of Jerusalem, not the New Jerusalem.
Also, consider HIS words spoken from that same place:

Matt 23.37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38 Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39 For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’”​
Hi brother ....Well I will be the first to confess that I do not know any thing though like you , there is a Who to whom I belong by His mercy and grace to sinners and am known by Him. I suppose that every eye will see Him when He appears. I am much too poor to go to the earthly Jerusalem but I dwell in the city of Peace. We seek a city who's maker and builder is God. I do not doubt the importance of the city of Jerusalem, I just want to make sure that I do not emphasize the importance of man ...men , nations , etc. He is a Jew , who is one inwardly, who's glory is of God and not of man. Jesus said to go make disciples of all nations , teaching them to observe all that He commanded..baptizing in the Name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Ghost . I am a disciple ( student ) of Jesus. I see where He said to love my enemies. I am very familiar with Zionism but Paul said if any man cause divisions contrary to the doctrines that we have learned and seen in him, mark that man and avoid him for he serves not our Lord Jesus Christ but his own belly. We are also instructed not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. ( Unbelievers agendas will be temporal and believers agenda will be eternal . ) We are also instructed not to become entangled in earthly affairs . I think these instructions are wise .

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beyond that it is beyond silly. A single man writes down a bunch of stuff, constantly changes his story as his situation changes, and people actually take him seriously. I don't understand it.
Because you do not understand the antichrist spirit in operation behind it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There is evidence now that there was a Governor of Jerusalem 2400 years ago, preceding anything Islam may have thought was their right to it:

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/t...id-have-a-governor-in-biblical-times-1.451327
Is God's gift Jerusalem or Jesus Christ ? Did God not already fulfill his promise regarding the old covenant and also a new and better covenant . ( I am a gentile by blood ( biology ) and a child of the Father through His Son . What does the Father own ? A small piece of land or the universe ? If I fight for a piece of land by killing my enemies , what inheritance will I leave my children but the promise of more violence ? How does this fight over Jerusalem pertain to the gospel ? There was a God before 2400 years ago also .
Many Jews in Christ day started thinking that this was about them. ( Think not to say to yourselves that we have Abraham as our father for God is able of these rocks to raise up children to Abraham. ) We all know that this is about God who we know by His Son. It may be that the earthly Jerusalem must needs to be surrounded again by the gentiles as it was following Christ' death and Resurrection . I do not know but I do know that Christ Jesus was broken hearted at the destruction He saw coming upon them prior to 70 AD . Look in Jeremiah 26:6 . Then will I make this house like Shiloh and this city I will make a curse to all the peoples of the earth. Most all of the prophets contain references to some type of apocalypse. Why does Paul speak of a new heaven and a new earth ...why bother with a Jerusalem which is from above ? Is there any man in history who has managed to keep anything for which he fought. Is there any piece of ground which is no longer with us because someone took it with them when they died? What are we teaching Israel ? Why did Jesus or at least some of the disciples fight for Jerusalem ? Why not Paul ? These are things ( as a believer in Jesus Christ ) that I ponder though I ask these questions rhetorically . I hope the moderators perceive that I am not trying to goad anyone . ( Jesus did tell "Saul -Paul" that it was hard to kick against the goads . ) I hope we are always and only goading each other into truth .

• Winner
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jerusalem is considered a sacred site in Islamic tradition. Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad visited the city on a mystic’s journey.

I never understood why Muslims hold Jerusalem as a sacred city. Muslims can have the cities of Mecca and Medina and Jews can have Jerusalem. Why is this a problem?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Because you do not understand the antichrist spirit in operation behind it.
Brother ...do you sincerely believe the anti-christ spirit which is subtle will deceive anyone dressed as a muslim ? No , the anti-christ is another Jesus . An angel of light . A Jesus with out His Words or worse ...a jesus without His Spirit. ) Learn of me for I am lowly and meek ...I would watch out for a Jesus which grasp for things of this world ( demonstrating that he is not eternal and that he is temporal.) I would watch out for a Jesus that is proud and seeks His own . He was led as a lamb to the slaughter . I would watch out for a jesus that demanded his rights ...That is the anti-jesus .

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother ...do you sincerely believe the anti-christ spirit which is subtle will deceive anyone dressed as a muslim ?
Absolutely.
the anti-christ is another Jesus .
Not the person, the SPIRIT.

One of the tests in 1 John for this spirit is that it denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

One of the main tenets of islam taught to Mohamed is "God has no son." That proves the spirit behind islam is anti-christ.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From what I could remember from the ex.. there are two structures considered sacred to Muslims in Jerusalem - the Al aqsa mosque was said to be the place where Mohammed was 'transported to', from Mecca called the 'Night Journey'. Then the dome on the rock is said to be the spot where (Muslims believe) Mohammed ascended to heaven but from what I remember none of the inscriptions on the building structure makes reference to the said 'ascension'.

I've lost the literature now but when my ex use to have his 'discussions' with me (i.e heated arguments), I remember reading that Mohammed originally use to pray in the direction of Jerusalem but changed it to Mecca after some disagreement between the Jews and him at the time.

Both Al aqsa and the Dome on the Rock are some of the reasons why this is such an issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

If I'm not mistaken, it is in the Hadiths. The temple mount is where Muhammad is believed to have ascended up into heaven on a flying horse.

The truth is that Jerusalem is near and dear to the hearts of Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Although I believe that right now, all of Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, I don't believe there can be peace unless West Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and East Jerusalem is the capital of a future Palestinian state (as Israel offered the PLO in 2000).

I don't appreciate how Israel is driving out the Muslim residents of the Muslim quarter or the Christian residents out of the Christian quarter. Even the Greek Orthodox Church is selling off its long held properties. I think it is important that, although Israel be a Jewish state, that it remain very tolerant of religious minorities.

Just my humble opinion.

• Friendly
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If I'm not mistaken, it is in the Hadiths. The temple mount is where Muhammad is believed to have ascended up into heaven on a flying horse.

The truth is that Jerusalem is near and dear to the hearts of Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Although I believe that right now, all of Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, I don't believe there can be peace unless West Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and East Jerusalem is the capital of a future Palestinian state (as Israel offered the PLO in 2000).

I don't appreciate how Israel is driving out the Muslim residents of the Muslim quarter or the Christian residents out of the Christian quarter. Even the Greek Orthodox Church is selling off its long held properties. I think it is important that, although Israel be a Jewish state, that it remain very tolerant of religious minorities.

Just my humble opinion.

The real problem is that 'east Jerusalem' will include the Temple Mount, the Western Wall and the Old City - that is a large chunk of the Jewish and Christian areas. The most holy places where Yeshua walked will come under the control of Islam and our faiths will destroyed - probably assisted by UNESCO, who have already written off these areas as having nothing to do with Judaism or Christianity, either now, or in the past.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The real problem is that 'east Jerusalem' will include the Temple Mount, the Western Wall and the Old City - that is a large chunk of the Jewish and Christian areas.
Not necessarily. The temple mount can be specially negotiated as a common territory for Jews, Christians, and Muslims, with the Western Wall reserved as a Jewish site (where anyone is welcome to pray).

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not necessarily. The temple mount can be specially negotiated as a common territory for Jews, Christians, and Muslims, with the Western Wall reserved as a Jewish site (where anyone is welcome to pray).

I admire your faith in Islam to allow such a situation - they already control the Mount to the exclusion of Jews and Christians, as the Jordanian police see fit, on a day by day, or hour by hour basis. When I was there last summer, as we walked near David's City area, and the stones from the old Temple wall, I received a text welcoming me to Palestine!!! 'East', does not really mean East to Islam as far as Israel is concerned.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The Jordanian police did not place this sign around the Temple Mount, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel did.

5uicl3.jpg

Upvote 0