GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Muslim scholars take away from Jesus and give to Muhammad

I’ve read articles written by Muslim Apologists who attempt to show prophecies of Muhammad found in the Bible. Some of these scholars attribute Scriptures in the Old Testament to Muhammad, when they actually refer to the Messiah, who Christians believe is Jesus.

They take away from Jesus and give to Muhammad.

But, if we put the Scriptures into context; if we know the background of some of these Scriptures, we do not find a prophecy of Muhammad at all.

I want to give you several examples.

Deuteronomy 18:18 from the Hebrew Bible, Hebrew to English

18. I will set up a prophet for them from among their brothers like you, and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.

The brothers referenced here are from the other tribes of Israel – other than the tribe of Levi and we can plainly see from verse 1.

1. The Levitic kohanim, the entire tribe of Levi, shall have no portion or inheritance with Israel; the Lord's fire offerings and His inheritance they shall eat.

Instead God chose the prophet like Moses from the remaining tribes of Israel and Jesus qualifies.

Muslim scholars take from Jesus as give to Muhammad.

Isaiah 42:1-2, plus others in Isaiah 42 (NIV)

1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.

2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.

Judaism 101 says Isaiah 42 is Messianic

These Scriptures are about the Messiah. Muslim scholars attribute them to Muhammad.

They take away from Jesus and give to Muhammad.

I can’t help but think that these Muslim scholars know exactly what they are doing or they are incredibly inept. They are doing what the Qur’an accuses the People of the Book of doing.

Surah 003.071

YUSUFALI: Ye People of the Book! Why do ye clothe Truth with falsehood, and conceal the Truth, while ye have knowledge?

These scholars conceal the truth while they know the truth in order to deceive their fellow Muslim brothers and sisters, or they are incredibly inept.

However, I can’t put all the blame on the Muslim scholars. Individual Muslims are responsible for doing their own homework and from I have seen, they are failing miserably.

The tragic aspect of this is that these Muslim scholars are preventing Muslims from knowing who Jesus is and what He would do.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives thee glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;
She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it ‘Be,’ and it is;"—Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

"'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain doubt."—Qur'an, Surah 19:30-35

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/quran-jesus.html

Do you know if these translations are accurate?

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives thee glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;
She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it ‘Be,’ and it is;"—Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

"'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain doubt."—Qur'an, Surah 19:30-35

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/quran-jesus.html

Do you know if these translations are accurate?

They seem to be accurate.

I always thought this phrase interesting:

"his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary,"

So according to the Qur'an Jesus' name would be Messiah, Jesus?

I wonder if people in Muhammad's day said "Jesus Christ" (messiah) and Muhammad thought Christ was Jesus' last name?!

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They seem to be accurate.

I always thought this phrase interesting:

"his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary,"

So according to the Qur'an Jesus' name would be Messiah, Jesus?

I wonder if people in Muhammad's day said "Jesus Christ" (messiah) and Muhammad thought Christ was Jesus' last name?!
No. Messiah is not a name it is a description. Son of Mary is not a name either. So when it says 'name' it means what He would be known as.

Upvote 0