Muslim Removed from Southwest Plane for Saying "God Willing."

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lot's of Muslims say that every time. Ironically, it's something Christians are supposed to do, or similar. We are supposed to say, "If the Lord wills" when we make plans. Muslims will say it to acknowledge God's soveriegny over their plans, or in some cases, if their plans are unsure.

Yeah, even if those plans are to return to a Christmas party and murder all of your coworkers. Or execute a night-club full of gays because god was willing and gays.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you are unable to carry on a discussion without being rude.
Perhaps it is time for a wake-up call. So were those during 9/11 Baptists, or Catholics, or Buddhists, or Hindus? The god is islam is not the God the bible - the god of islam is satan.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A Muslim man was removed from a Southwest plane after saying "inshallah", Arabic for "God willing", during a phone call.

Would this have happened to a Christian? I don't think so.

The last time I checked the Constitution, we have this little thing called freedom of speech in the US.

Oh? When's the last time a Christian teacher was allowed to freely share the Gospel with a classroom of public school children in North America? Such a thing has been forbidden for a long time now but I wonder when the last time was you protested this fact as you're protesting Southwest's reaction to this Muslim man? In the matter of infringement upon free speech, the news story you've shared is, in my opinion, far less noteworthy than the increasing silence being forced upon Christians in the public square in the last decade or so. Really, true freedom of speech hasn't existed in North America for a long time.

Selah.

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh? When's the last time a Christian teacher was allowed to freely share the Gospel with a classroom of public school children in North America?

Free speech means that one is immune from prosecution by the government for what the say. It does not empower people to say what the will during work hours, or to use a captive audience of children to indoctrinate them on their religious beliefs while being paid by the state.

Such a thing has been forbidden for a long time now but I wonder when the last time was you protested this fact as you're protesting Southwest's reaction to this Muslim man? In the matter of infringement upon free speech, the news story you've shared is, in my opinion, far less noteworthy than the increasing silence being forced upon Christians in the public square in the last decade or so. Really, true freedom of speech hasn't existed in North America for a long time.

Selah.

You clearly do not understand what free speech means. Free speech means the government will not make laws and prosecute people for expressing their views and opinions.

Free speech is not, and has never been, about giving individuals protections from the consequences of what they say in their private lives between other individuals and private/public entities.

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
7e7.jpg

I guess you could say God was not willing

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Free speech means that one is immune from prosecution by the government for what the say. It does not empower people to say what the will during work hours, or to use a captive audience of children to indoctrinate them on their religious beliefs while being paid by the state.
There are instances though, where free speech doesn't apply:

Shouting FIRE in a movie theater, disseminating classified material, trade mark laws, plagiarism, slander, and libel are some examples.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem with people speaking their native tongue but I do agree if you are going to live somewhere, you need to learn the language. I was in Sam's Club about a year ago a a Somali woman was pointing to different meats as I tried to explain what they were....moo, baaaa, oink......
I love this, that was really nice of you. That would have been a great video, both funny and about American kindness.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

This may be your version of free speech but it isn't mine.

The state indoctrinates captive audiences of children with a philosophical system of values and beliefs every day. Apparently, the state is exempt from your idea of what constitutes free speech...

You clearly do not understand what free speech means. Free speech means the government will not make laws and prosecute people for expressing their views and opinions.

The government is flaunting your definition of free speech quite a lot these days. Maybe you should criticize it for not following your definition, too.

Free speech is not, and has never been, about giving individuals protections from the consequences of what they say in their private lives between other individuals and private/public entities.

This quite misses the point of my comments. Perhaps you should re-read my post.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are instances though, where free speech doesn't apply:

Shouting FIRE in a movie theater, disseminating classified material, trade mark laws, plagiarism, slander, and libel are some examples.

That is why I specified that free speech is about expressing views and opinions. It was traditionally outlawed and still is in many places.

Shouting fire is not illegal (as there are times it is justified) - shouting fire for the sole purpose of causing panic is. Stealing ideas is obviously wrong. Slander, libel, and treason are done with the intent to harm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some Muslims think they have to say 'Allah' and not 'God, as if that is the Creator's name. And there are certain stock religious phrases they say in Arabic, even the Muslims in non-Arabic speaking countries. Christians say 'Hallelujah' and 'amen.' Muslims say 'Alhamdulillah' and 'amin'.

If they detain a Muslim for saying 'Inshallah', why not just go all the way and not let them fly on airplanes or profile them and frisk them a bit more? If we want to have the type of freedom of religion and speech we are supposed to have in our legal system, they will have to be allowed to say such words and phrases form their religion.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except my own. And all the other definitions of which you are ignorant.

Selah.

Your definition of free speech, which you haven't even offered, isn't relevant to the interpretation of free speech laws by government and courts.

You aren't saying anything at this point. Free speech means the government cannot criminalize expressing views and opinions. Free speech does not mean you are allowed to express those anytime, anywhere, saying anything, without consequence.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Except that he wasn't allowed back on the plane after a search found nothing. And no, I've never heard of a Christian being removed from a plane after saying "God willing."
I know of a few dozen Christians who would have loved to board a plane for anywhere but Muslim controlled lands.

Trouble was that they couldn't purchase a ticket because they were missing their heads at the time.

Just sayin! :)

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BryanMaloney

ordinary sinner
Apr 20, 2016
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Muslim man was removed from a Southwest plane after saying "inshallah", Arabic for "God willing", during a phone call.

Would this have happened to a Christian? I don't think so.

You are flat-out wrong. It WOULD have happened to a Christian who said "InshAllah", especially if that Christian were Arab. Why? Because most Americans are pig-ignorant goobers who think that "Allah" only applies to Islam AND that all Muslims are terrorists.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are flat-out wrong. It WOULD have happened to a Christian who said "InshAllah", especially if that Christian were Arab. Why? Because most Americans are pig-ignorant goobers who think that "Allah" only applies to Islam AND that all Muslims are terrorists.

You are correct on that. However, if you read the thread you know that I told several people that they were wrong when they claimed that Allah was not the word that Christian Arabs use for God. I even put up evidence to back what I said including an interview with an Orthodox Bishop who was Arab.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Do you agree, then, that we should rescind the
Patriot Act, and disband the TSA? There are better
ways to secure our airlines than giving up our
freedoms when we fly. And we gave away our right
to privacy to the government for safety they can't
give us.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, even if those plans are to return to a Christmas party and murder all of your coworkers. Or execute a night-club full of gays because god was willing and gays.
And which of those things was this man planning on doing?

Upvote 0