Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A Muslim man was removed from a Southwest plane after saying "inshallah", Arabic for "God willing", during a phone call.

Would this have happened to a Christian? I don't think so.

The last time I checked the Constitution, we have this little thing called freedom of speech in the US. This man did nothing wrong. Yet he was taken off the plane and searched, as was his luggage. Although the search found nothing, he was not permitted to reboard the plane.

Now, before people start saying that there is nothing wrong with treating Muslims in this way because Muslims have been responsible for acts of terrorism, remember the words of Dr. Denjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ne-uncle-baghdad-cair-statement-a7347311.html

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A Muslim man was removed from a Southwest plane after saying "inshallah", Arabic for "God willing", during a phone call.

It's closer to "If God wills" and often suggests that something that's risky might come off if God favors it. Sure, a Christian saying something along similar lines under similar conditions is likely to be taken off a plane.

Reactions: MrsBrit
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's closer to "If God wills" and often suggests that something that's risky might come off if God favors it. Sure, a Christian saying something along similar lines under similar conditions is likely to be taken off a plane.
When has a Christian ever been removed from a plane under similar circumstances? Ever?

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Except that he wasn't allowed back on the plane after a search found nothing. And no, I've never heard of a Christian being removed from a plane after saying "God willing."

Reactions: dogs4thewin
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Would the Christian be allowed to re-board? I wonder.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It happens fairly frequently, as a matter of fact. It's an established part of Big Brother's government that you all love so much to authorize the airlines to boot anyone who even gives a hint that something's brewing which could be terrorism.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

The last time I checked the Constitution, we have this little thing called freedom of speech in the US. This man did nothing wrong. Yet he was taken off the plane and searched, as was his luggage. Although the search found nothing, he was not permitted to reboard the plane.

Now, before people start saying that there is nothing wrong with treating Muslims in this way because Muslims have been responsible for acts of terrorism, remember the words of Dr. Denjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ne-uncle-baghdad-cair-statement-a7347311.html
With apologies to Dr. Franklin he had never seen 2 jetliners crashed into office buildings either....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
With apologies to Dr. Franklin he had never seen 2 jetliners crashed into office buildings either....
Yes, but then again back then there was no such thing.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Except that he wasn't allowed back on the plane after a search found nothing.

That's not at all unusual. He could have been put on a no-fly list.

You gave us a quote to ponder. I'd recommend you contemplate this one: "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything that you have."

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

You gave us a quote to ponder. I'd recommend you contemplate this one: "A government that is big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
But if he was put on the no fly list how could he have boarded at all?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But if he was put on the no fly list how could he have boarded at all?
It was said that he wasn't allowed back on the plane following a search. I added that worse things than that could have happened to him, such as being placed on the no-fly list.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

No, but Franklin had to deal with other issues such as settlements being burned along Pennsylvania's frontier.

You gave us a quote to ponder. I'd recommend you contemplate this one: "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything that you have."

But actually he was not on a do-not-fly list. If you read the article you know that after he was removed from Southwest he was allowed to fly on Delta.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, but then again back then there was no such thing.
I am quite aware of that.....It happens to be a favorite quote of mine but considering it traces back to the mid 1700's it does not apply to all similar situations today as it may have then......

Reactions: MrsBrit
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is a simliar expression in Spanish - ojalá - which is derived from 'inshallah'. Imagine booting all Hispanic people off airliners if they happen to use it.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, but Franklin had to deal with other issues such as settlements being burned along Pennsylvania's frontier.

But actually he was not on a do-not-fly list. If you read the article you know that after he was removed from Southwest he was allowed to fly on Delta.
Sounds to me that if the story spreads Southwest may lose some business.

• Agree
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am quite aware of that.....It happens to be a favorite quote of mine but considering it traces back to the mid 1700's it does not apply to all similar situations today as it may have then......
How not? They had issues back then, as well evil always has exsisted since the fall and will until Christ comes back.

Upvote 0