Muslim-only gated community with mosque, Islamic school, apartments and childcare centre rejected

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't hate the police but I consider them dangerous, and I advise everyone to keep their distance from them. I also wouldn't buy property next to a police station.

Sounds more like fear than hate.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Strange. There are areas where minority groups just naturally congregate; not to avoid integrating, but to maintain a level of sanity, comfort and predictability. Folks who complain about "outsiders not fitting in" rarely seem to have experienced living abroad as a minority over a long term (which is fine); It's just that they don't quite understand the experience and the struggles (and motivations and desires). They are paranoid and worried they're REALLY just gaining a foothold to take over. It's more that they are trying to steady themselves because they are affraid they are going to get washed away.

It's weird that they are allowed to "naturally congregate" but as soon as they want to "formally congregate", there's a problem.

I don't understand that super hawt.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I definitely fear the police, and the whole criminal justice system. :eek:

Me too. Because an officer's word always outweighs mine in a court of law.

...For that, I avoid police contact like the plague.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don't hate the police but I consider them dangerous, and I advise everyone to keep their distance from them. I also wouldn't buy property next to a police station.

I'm sorry you've got that attitude about the police. I'm grateful to them, for their service. Now, there's no doubt that some are dangerous, crooked, rotten folks. There's many more who protect & serve their community. I wouldn't buy property next to a police station for the same reason I wouldn't buy one next to a fire house or a hospital, it would be really noisy with all those sirens. Not because of fear of any of them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Me too. Because an officer's word always outweighs mine in a court of law.

...For that, I avoid police contact like the plague.

I and a friend were caught at a beer party where (unknown to us) there were minors present (we were both 19). We spent the weekend in jail but were released in time for work on Monday and charged with disorderly conduct and fined about $75. I later had a chance to read the police report. Not a single word of it was true.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry you've got that attitude about the police. I'm grateful to them, for their service. Now, there's no doubt that some are dangerous, crooked, rotten folks. There's many more who protect & serve their community. I wouldn't buy property next to a police station for the same reason I wouldn't buy one next to a fire house or a hospital, it would be really noisy with all those sirens. Not because of fear of any of them.

Cultivating fear among the people, especially blacks, is done purposefully by the police. Who doesn't feel the hair stand up on the back of their neck when a police cruiser appears right behind you. :eek: I doubt if they are overwhelmed by the 'warm fuzzies'.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I and a friend were caught at a beer party where (unknown to us) there were minors present (we were both 19). We spent the weekend in jail but were released in time for work on Monday and charged with disorderly conduct and fined about $75. I later had a chance to read the police report. Not a single word of it was true.

One time, when my oldest daughter was 6, I fell asleep and she apparently dialed 911 to see how that works and hung up the phone.

...Well I woke up on the couch with police yelling at me. They separated me from my little daughter and started interrogating her in the kitchen. Then they started cussing at me in front of her when I asked them why they barged in without knocking. They just walked right into my house like they owned the place.

The cops broke the law because they knew they could get away with it... They just need to say they didn't. And so they didn't.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One time, when my oldest daughter was 6, I fell asleep and she apparently dialed 911 to see how that works and hung up the phone.

...Well I woke up on the couch with police yelling at me. They separated me from my little daughter and started interrogating her in the kitchen. Then they started cussing at me in front of her when I asked them why they barged in without knocking. They just walked right into my house like they owned the place.

The cops broke the law because they knew they could get away with it... They just need to say they didn't. And so they didn't.

I mistakenly called for the police to ticket a car that was my parking lot. It belonged to a tenant who didn't know where to park. He and I went to the 'cop shop' to get the ticket cancelled, which the 'suit' finally did but only after dressing me down in front of everyone. Every time I interact with the police I lose a little more respect for them.

I still remember when a cop came to my grade school to talk to us kids. He obviously wanted to instill a sense of confidence in the local police, but the only sense I and others got was fear. It didn't help that they sent what was possibly the largest man on the force, complete with the blue/black 'Darth Vadir' 'power' uniform.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
True. Both are allowed to lie to further their cause.

That can't be why you're afraid of them... The Bible condones such behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So, to be clear.....black people are just paranoid. White people are....?
Race is an artificial concept.
White people are people, and black people are people.

That is all the differentiation that we need to have. Everything else is stereoptyping, or more precisely, race-baiting.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope, I just know the stories of the Bible.

It is implicit in your post that the bible condones such behavior yet today, thus thou art trollingeth. :preach:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol, a gated community as big as a Super Walmart, and that's got folks' britches in a bunch?
I am against a gated community of this type because it denies access to everyone else. So one could not shop in their stores, eat in their restaurants, etc. But they would still have full access to everything outside those walls. That is called segregation which has been proven to be harmful to society as a whole.

Upvote 0