Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When Homa, the 48-year-old wife of Mohamad, pulled back the shower curtain after her husband told her to “have a look” at what he was holding, the pot of hot boiling oil in his hands was not what she expected. In a matter of seconds her face was gone – melted – and the right hand she raised to protect herself permanently fused shut. She was left with burns over 44 percent of her body … scarred forever to restore her husband’s honor....

I suspected that she wanted another man. Suddenly, she was wearing different clothes and losing weight. So, I wanted to make her unattractive for other men. I was afraid of the shame. source

More glorious works from the dark religion of Islam.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am happy that this happened in Germany, where there will be a through investigation and a lawfull punishment for the perpetrator, instead of their home country, where things would have been swept under the rug for a bribe or ignored completely. Hopefully other migrants in germany will hear about it and be dissuaded from similiar behaviour.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
staff edit
If we deny that these problems exist we will hand these issues to the right wing. It's time for everyone to discuss these issues openly.

It's great that these governments wanted to help immigrants by taking them in. But there is going to be some work in getting them to assimilate into liberal, gender-egalitarian democracies. That's not bigotry. I'll tell you flat-out that these values are the best, and if I'm saying that our culture is better than others', fine. We have to be not scared to say this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If we deny that these problems exist we will hand these issues to the right wing. It's time for everyone to discuss these issues openly.

It's great that these governments wanted to help immigrants by taking them in. But there is going to be some work in getting them to assimilate into liberal, gender-egalitarian democracies. That's not bigotry. I'll tell you flat-out that these values are the best, and if I'm saying that our culture is better than others', fine. We have to be not scared to say this.
Discuss the issue all you like. It's just important to realise that the issue is "spousal abuse" not "Muslim immigrants".

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

How did you manage to smear Islaam with this man's actions?

1.) And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient (Surah an-Nur 24:4)

Those 4 witnesses? They have to be sane (and adults and Muslims as far as I know) and must have seen the illegal sexual act (i.e. have seen the actual penetration with their own eyes). Their view cannot have been obstructed by a body part or a blanket. If a person does not bring witnesses who fulfill this criteria, then that person is the one who will be punished, not the one who is being accused.

2.) The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a man slap a slave (or a boy) in the face, and he said, “Do you not know that the face is inviolate?” [Saheeh Muslim]

A donkey with a brand on the face happened to pass before the Prophet. Thereupon he said, "May Allah curse the one who has branded it (on the face)." [Saheeh Muslim]

"The Messenger of Allaah prohibited us from hitting across the face and branding on the face (of an animal)." [Saheeh Muslim]

So how much sense does it make melting a face off? Even if a person is condemned to execution by stoning in an Islaamic state, striking the face is not allowed (even though they'll die regardless). Hitting the face of an animal is prohibited, so what about the face of a human? If a person slaps or beats his slave, the expiation for that sin is to free the slave.

3.) Even if a person knows for certain that his wife committed adultery, he should strive to keep his wife's sin a secret. Divorcing her would probably be encouraged, but Islaamically we are supposed to try to conceal each other's sins as long as those sins are not taking away the rights of others. Allaah says that if we cover the sin of a Muslim in this world, He will conceal a sin of ours on the Day of Judgement.

So how again is this man's action an indication of the morals my religion teaches when he directly goes against several rulings?

Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
...therefore all Muslims and migrants are evil and bad, right?

I'm glad no Christian has ever disfigured a partner out of jealousy!

Not to mention acid attacks are also common in Hindu culture as well, this really isn't a "Muslim" issue.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not to mention acid attacks are also common in Hindu culture as well, this really isn't a "Muslim" issue.
No. It's a violence against women issue. But try to discuss it in those terms and watch the MRAs come out of the woodwork.

Upvote 0

The_Laconic_Dead

Mar 9, 2016
Tex
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They've also been having this problem in south America where women suffer acid attacks for similar reasons.

There was also a recent story of an immigrant raping his g/f and burning her alive because she wanted to leave him. He got 12 years. So much for justice.

It is a violence against women issue. But through out most of the Islamic world, there exists gender apartheid where women are treated worse than livestock. These cultures do not enshrine within their laws and values, equality of women under the law.

2 groups of people with completely opposite value systems can not live peacefully in the same space for long.

We think this man's action about as evil as it gets. He thinks he was just preserving his honor and property. How do you tell someone like that that everything they know and think is wrong, illegal and evil?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When Homa, the 48-year-old wife of Mohamad, pulled back the shower curtain after her husband told her to “have a look” at what he was holding, the pot of hot boiling oil in his hands was not what she expected. In a matter of seconds her face was gone – melted – and the right hand she raised to protect herself permanently fused shut. She was left with burns over 44 percent of her body … scarred forever to restore her husband’s honor....

I suspected that she wanted another man. Suddenly, she was wearing different clothes and losing weight. So, I wanted to make her unattractive for other men. I was afraid of the shame. source

Because no guy in the US has ever attacked a woman out of jealousy before. (staff edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy to accept "widespread and normalized within the culture" to consider something part of a culture.

Which is the point. Such activity is widespread and normalized within Islamic culture. Import a mass number of refugees you import their culture by default. The issue isn't third grade playground pointing about "them." The issue is the real problem of assimilation on the part of a group which tends to resist assimilation combined with the associated criminal and sociopathic element embedded within.

The liberal response is to import whomever from where ever, then wait until some poor woman has had her face melted off before looking at the offender. Followed by blaming someone else and defending the perpetrator.

Don't overthink this one.

As opposed to not putting any thought into it at all?

The entire point here was to smear all of Islam and immigrants. Nothing more.

Because you can read the hearts and minds of the members here, and your word is the only one that matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why is it that we insert our own baggage in these issues. Can't what we think is wrong just be wrong without bringing in the entire Arab world.

People kill people over here, but does it mean that it is because of culture or religion or is it because of people who do wrong?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is it that we insert our own baggage in these issues. Can't what we think is wrong just be wrong without bringing in the entire Arab world.

People kill people over here, but does it mean that it is because of culture or religion or is it because of people who do wrong?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What if one culture says something is not wrong but justifiable or even righteous while the other says that same thing is unjustifiable and monstrous? Can we mention that or should we pretend the differences don't exist?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What if one culture says something is not wrong but justifiable or even righteous while the other says that same thing is unjustifiable and monstrous? Can we mention that or should we pretend the differences don't exist?
As seen in post 8, the Quran actually forbids such an act in numerous fashions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy to accept "widespread and normalised within the culture" to consider something part of a culture.

Don't overthink this one. The entire point here was to smear all of Islam and immigrants. Nothing more.

Do you deny that Islam is full of evil practices?

Why is this the case?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think, just like Christinaity used to to[ and maybe still does in some form or another], the cultural barbarism uses Islam as an excuse to perpetuate with cherry picked Quran verses by those who follow it. It doesn't follow the fiat, but the cultural norm that attempts to justify its backwards thinking. We did the same thing with slavery for like 1800 years or so.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't believe I said a word about the Quran in my post. My question remains unanswered so far.

Upvote 0

The_Laconic_Dead

Mar 9, 2016
Tex
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
="Nithavela, post: 69361865, member: 185184"]Who's defending the guy who threw the burning oil, exactly? They should (and will) throw the book at him.)

It's more than just condemning him. This man is but a product of his culture and upbringing. In one way, he is also a victim. He was raised in such a way to override our innate sense of empathy in order to think this is necessary in order to defend his "honor".

How do you convince this man not to do this the day before he does it? If he was your friend and needed some motor oil to "teach his wife a lesson". What can you say to him?

="AHH who-stole-my-name, post: 69361918, member: 28918"]Why is it that we insert our own baggage in these issues. Can't what we think is wrong just be wrong without bringing in the entire Arab world.

People kill people over here, but does it mean that it is because of culture or religion or is it because of people who do wrong?)

Can it not be both? From where did this guy learn that this is how he protects his "honor"?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.