Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, just out of curiosity, I noticed ISIS has recently ordered it's members to break into peoples homes and kill them there as well as in their "forums" etc., during Ramadan.

...And now this guy sues so heavily during Ramadan.

...What is the deal with all the heightened pressing of the religion during Ramadan?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also, Little Caesars may have learned the lesson not to offer halal food anymore. God forbid you get it wrong!

Not offering halal anymore might lead to another $100 million suit.

$100 million would buy a lot of not pork.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would think this is cause for hope. The Muslim who brought this suit is obviously assimilating well to US culture, he has already adopted our litigiousness.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not offering halal anymore might lead to another $100 million suit.

How? A business is under no obligation to provide products that is discontinued.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey, just out of curiosity, I noticed ISIS has recently ordered it's members to break into peoples homes and kill them there as well as in their "forums" etc., during Ramadan.
HAlal, err holy, non sequitur.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
A Muslim man is suing Little Caesars for $100 million after he says he was served and then accidentally ate pepperoni made with pork, a food prohibited by Islamic law.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/05/26/pepperoni-lawsuit/347564001/

What about Sessions role in personally quashing the case ? That lynching reference looked like a quote. Is this a fit person to hold any kind of public office, never mind such a high office in government.
A Muslim man is suing Little Caesars for $100 million after he says he was served and then accidentally ate pepperoni made with pork, a food prohibited by Islamic law.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/05/26/pepperoni-lawsuit/347564001/

Below, is a link to an article about a giant of a man (no, not Big John) whom, apparently Muslims quote to this day. Our Coptic Christians need his intervention. Nobody could accuse Egypt's leader, Sissi, of being a pushover for terrorists, so I hope he manages to protect the Copts more successfully.

The Muslims certainly have many devout adherents, but what a giant of a man is this :

This is the man who truly represents Islam, a warrior so noble he was given the Legion of Honour

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, true and I hope that he is awarded exactly what it is worth based on true damages.

5 dollars

M-Bob
That the going rate for false advertising these days?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I bit into an apple once and found a worm. I sued the farmer for ruining my vegetarian diet, the worm sued me for property damage, and the apple sued the worm for reasons still unknown.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That the going rate for false advertising these days?

Lawsuits are usually determined on actual damages.
Truthfully, in this case I see none.
If on the jury I would award him enough so as to buy another pizza.
Lawsuits such as these are clogging the system.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,630.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wonder how this story would be received if it were a kosher pizza instead.

Or do we not like jews on this forum anymore since israel stopped sharing intelligence?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
If you were going to go Kosher, you couldn't buy from the place anyway. It's unlikely they keep the meat and dairy separated, including separate cooking utensils and the like.

Exactly, which is what I was driving at: particularly, because I thought similar sanitary techniques are utelized necessarily for halal cooking.

So, why go to a "Fast Food, INC" if you are Halal, Kosher, or health conscious at all? That would be the defense's argument. But, it needs a lot of boost because IF Pizza Hut marketed their food as Halal, it needs to be Halal.

I think it is unrealistic to expect to get non-genetically modified, or hormone enhanced products from most Fast Food restaurants on principle - certainly, one wouldn't find halal, kosher, "clean" products. But, the bit where the box was actually marketed as such is what will make it tip in favor of the customer.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, which is what I was driving at: particularly, because I thought similar sanitary techniques are utelized necessarily for halal cooking.

So, why go to a "Fast Food, INC" if you are Halal, Kosher, or health conscious at all? That would be the defense's argument. But, it needs a lot of boost because IF Pizza Hut marketed their food as Halal, it needs to be Halal.

I think it is unrealistic to expect to get non-genetically modified, or hormone enhanced products from most Fast Food restaurants on principle - certainly, one wouldn't find halal, kosher, "clean" products. But, the bit where the box was actually marketed as such is what will make it tip in favor of the customer.
Ditto. Don't flaunt it if you can't supply it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Lawsuits are usually determined on actual damages.
Truthfully, in this case I see none.
If on the jury I would award him enough so as to buy another pizza.
Lawsuits such as these are clogging the system.
M-Bob

In the Muslim's case the damage is tantamount to damnation - easily arguable and usable as a damage incurred, especially since religious freedoms (and rights associated with them recognized by the State) are a liberty to citizens in the Western world.

I don't say that because I think you don't know; I say it to highlight this as an example of otherwise "good law" being qualifiably usable for a seemingly ignorant reason. It is also an example of the "yoke" defense attorneys have to carry - using the law to defend ignorant, but protected activity and thought.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
And when I say the customer has a case, I don't mean he will get $100,000,000. Likely, he got a lawyer that told him to aim for at least 95% more than what he should expect to get. It is a frivolous case, but it is a mistake that could resonate outward to other fast food INCs in terms of accountability in advertisement.

I expect this person will either get no more than $5,000,000, or they will settle and he will get well under $3.5M.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0