Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
What you just said was "absolutely correct" refuted your claim that the Ottoman Turks only adopted the symbol once conquering Byzantines. Thank you for admitting that I am correct.

The crescent moon?

Crescent | symbol | Britannica
https://www.britannica.com/topic/crescent-symbol
Crescent, political, military, and religious emblem of the Byzantine and Turkish empires and, later and more generally, of all Islāmic countries. The Moon in its first quarter was a religious symbol from earliest times and figured, for example, in the worship of the Near Eastern goddess Astarte.

Who was Asherah / Ashtoreth? | GotQuestions.org
https://www.gotquestions.org/who-Asherah.html
Jan 02, 2020 · Question: "Who was Asherah / Ashtoreth?" Answer: Asherah, or Ashtoreth, was the name of the chief female deity worshiped in ancient Syria, Phoenicia, and Canaan. The Phoenicians called her Astarte, the Assyrians worshiped her as Ishtar, and the Philistines had a temple of Asherah

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Drachma, silver coin of ancient Greece, dating from about the mid-6th century bc, and the former monetary unit of modern Greece. The drachma was one of the world’s earliest coins. Its name derives from the Greek verb meaning “to grasp,” and its original value was equivalent to that of a handful of arrows.

drachma | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica
www.britannica.com/topic/drachma

Already corrected the mistake. The coin in the picture is a Dirham, not a Drachma. An honest mistake. If you were paying attention to the other posts or my last response to your post you would know that I do not intend on reading or responding to your future posts. If you keep responding to my posts lady I am going to block you.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes I corrected myself after you pointed out that I listed the wrong name for the coin. Thanks for all the extra information. I didn't really help though as I was only using the image of a Dirham to make my point to another poster.

The word "dirham" comes from drachma (δραχμή), the Greek coin. The Greek-speaking Byzantine Empire controlled the Levant and traded with Arabia, circulating the coin there in pre-Islamic times and afterward.

It was this currency which was initially adopted as an Arab word; then near the end of the 7th century the coin became an Islamic currency bearing the name of the sovereign and a religious verse. The dirham was struck in many Mediterranean countries, including Al-Andalus (Moorish Spain) and the Byzantine Empire.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Already corrected the mistake. The coin in the picture is a Dirham, not a Drachma. An honest mistake. If you were paying attention to the other posts or my last response to your post you would know that I do not intend on reading or responding to your future posts. If you keep responding to my posts lady I am going to block you.

The Dirham was modeled on the Greek Drachma so you were right.

Clearly, you don't intend to respond.. At 28 you're quite convinced of your superior intellect.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't explained your power craze.

Some people have been saying what scriptural basis do I have for believing Jesus will answer my, and other peoples prayers. Here is my answer.

Mar 11:22-24 Jesus told his disciples: Have faith in God! If you have faith in God and don't doubt, you can tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it will. Everything you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith.

Joh 16:24 You have not asked for anything in this way before, but now you must ask in my name. Then it will be given to you, so that you will be completely happy.

Joh 15:7-8 Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered. When you become fruitful disciples of mine, my Father will be honored.

Joh 14:12-14 I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father. Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father. I will do whatever you ask me to do.

The bible clearly tells us that we can have what we ask for in prayer, if we are abiding in Christ and his word. It is God’s offer. Still I can’t twist God’s arm, but I can stand on His word. Time will tell whether God want’s this challenge to keep going.

Yet the answer comes not by our goodness, but God's good offer.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God Himself washed the Apostle's feet when the Apostles wanted to wash His feet. God Himself became man through the womb of a human mother named St.Mary when He could have just appeared. Your approach is blind of humility. You cannot see it. Seeing God in mankind is the most humble and loving thing you can do. It is what pierces the center of the devil. Your approach of focusing on God alone to the point of rejecting those in His economy is not Catholic. It is not first century Christianity. It is not the Christianity of the Apostles.

As I am not Catholic, that should be expected. Jesus's humility was an example for all, but he did not revere the apostles when he washed their feet. I admit that the Blessed Virgin is a special case. He glorified Mary through the immaculate conception, but the apostles are not at that level. As for first century Christianity and the Christianity of the Apostles, I am OK not following their examples. It is full of leftover traditions. Peter, himself, struggled with separating his practices from those of the traditional Jewish practices. Of course he did! He learned those practices from birth. I follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I respect the apostles. They were men of God. I do not revere them. I do not put my faith in men.

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As I am not Catholic, that should be expected. Jesus's humility was an example for all, but he did not revere the apostles when he washed their feet. I admit that the Blessed Virgin is a special case. He glorified Mary through the immaculate conception, but the apostles are not at that level. As for first century Christianity and the Christianity of the Apostles, I am OK not following their examples. It is full of leftover traditions. Peter, himself, struggled with separating his practices from those of the traditional Jewish practices. Of course he did! He learned those practices from birth. I follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I respect the apostles. They were men of God. I do not revere them. I do not put my faith in men.

Catholics do not place the Apostles or any of the Saints on the tier of St.Mary. Catholics give worship to God alone in Latria. The greatest reverence and respect that may be give to a human Catholics do give to St.Mary alone in what is referred to as Hyperdulia. What Catholics give to the Apostles and the rest of the saints is referred to as Dulia. No Catholics put their Faith in men but in the One Man Jesus Christ, Who alone is at once both fully Man and fully God...
And true to your self proclaimed rejection of the Catholic Faith - and by default promotion of Protestantism - you seem to write that every Christian in their living room may determine in accordance with his/her private interpretation what to toss out of Christianity as merely being left overs from Judaism. I suppose then that 1800 years of Christianity all had it wrong until John Wesley was in his prime? Or maybe 2000 years of Christianity was all in error until Thomas White was in his? I think I should just follow the ancient undivided Church of the Apostles St.Peter and St.Paul.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Catholics do not place the Apostles or any of the Saints on the tier of St.Mary. Catholics give worship to God alone in Latria. The greatest reverence and respect that may be give to a human Catholics do give to St.Mary alone in what is referred to as Hyperdulia. What Catholics give to the Apostles and the rest of the saints is referred to as Dulia. No Catholics put their Faith in men but in the One Man Jesus Christ, Who alone is at once both fully Man and fully God...
And true to your self proclaimed rejection of the Catholic Faith - and by default promotion of Protestantism - you seem to write that every Christian in their living room may determine in accordance with his/her private interpretation what to toss out of Christianity as merely being left overs from Judaism. I suppose then that 1800 years of Christianity all had it wrong until John Wesley was in his prime? Or maybe 2000 years of Christianity was all in error until Thomas White was in his? I think I should just follow the ancient undivided Church of the Apostles St.Peter and St.Paul.

Not at all. I'm saying Jesus Christ had it right from the beginning. If Catholicism brings you closer to Christ, then follow that. It doesn't work for me. I tried it out. However, veneration of mortal men is pointless. People live today who recieve the Word just as the apostles did.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

If you are a Muslim, I am looking to instigate a challenge to prove who is really God, Allah of the Quran, or Jesus of the bible. I am looking for Muslim faith leaders who would be willing to take part. The challenge can be see here The Pouring out Challenge We also need people for the challenge be they Muslim or Christian (or other). See the web page above.
You said you can improve things and asked for a suggestion thus my comment.

I think it would be of more value to decide whether either of those religions, which both claim to be stacked on top of the bible and both be in alignment with it, are in alignment with the actual scripture of the old testament. I am not jewish but would happily support any debate on that said with my personal experience being a very devout and active ex-christian. Be glad to help if i can offer some value to others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said you can improve things and asked for a suggestion thus my comment.

I think it would be of more value to decide whether either of those religions, which both claim to be stacked on top of the bible and both be in alignment with it, are in alignment with the actual scripture of the old testament. I am not jewish but would happily support any debate on that said with my personal experience being a very devout and active ex-christian. Be glad to help if i can offer some value to others.
Hi Matthew,

I would be happy to discuss your thoughts ... could you start a thread somewhere and I will join it. I want to keep this thread for people wishing to receive prayer, or take part in my challenge.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No you are in error. Today muslims kiss 8 pieces of a rock that are suspended in wax. The black stone in the Kaaba is not even one rock. There are 8 little pieces of the rock. So I guess that is symbolic of 8 gods according to your logic. Muslims kiss these pieces believing that in doing so their sins are forgiven. No Christians believe that kissing crosses forgive their sins. Only through the Sacrament of Confession and through the reception of the Blessed Sacrament (the Eucharist) are sins forgiven explicitly. How can we learn Islam from a muslim when they don't even know the beliefs of Islam. I can go talk to a muslim right now and they wouldn't know a quarter of sahih Hadiths I could bring up. You are as ignorant about Islam as they are in fact.

Arrows pointing to the pieces of the black stone.
images

Hadith about kissing the black stone:
Ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (s.a.w) say:
Touching them both [the Black Stone and al-Rukn al-Yamani] is an expiation for sins.
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 959. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi and as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/664). Al-Dhahabi agreed with him).
None of this matters. Muslims don't worship a rock. Many Hadiths have little to no meaning in practice, not to mention most are ignorant of them. Christian's continue to practice many pagan influence values. I have no doubt the rock has a pagan background but they are meaningless today and the argument is just as meaningless. Muslims worship Allah as the creator of all things, stick to that not all the nuanced silliness that no one knows where they come from and is a part of all religions

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Muslim God is the same God you worship, mate. Jews, Muslims, and Christians worship the God of Abraham.
Jews reject Christ so we don’t worship the same God as unbelieving Jews do, Mohammadans are also heretics, we don’t worship the same God as pagans and heretics. Only Christianity can claim a direct lineage to the religion of the Mosaic covenant and to Christ himself while Jews and Mohammadans can’t.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of this matters. Muslims don't worship a rock. Many Hadiths have little to no meaning in practice, not to mention most are ignorant of them. Christian's continue to practice many pagan influence values. I have no doubt the rock has a pagan background but they are meaningless today and the argument is just as meaningless. Muslims worship Allah as the creator of all things, stick to that not all the nuanced silliness that no one knows where they come from and is a part of all religions
Mohammedans don’t worship the black stone they treat it as a Christian would treat an icon of Christ or our lady, however it does have its origins as a pagan idol that was worshipped as a god in pre Islamic times.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just some information about the crescent moon and star, it has little religious signifance in Mohammdanism, it was adopted from the Persian Zoroastrian Sassanid empire and imported into Islam, you may find the symol used a lot on Sassanian coins, it however has little religious significance in Mohammadanism. The real symbol of Islam is the Shahada or what you see on the flags of Isis, Al Qaeda, or Jabhat Al Nusra, or similar Islamist terror groups.

Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course its a silly argument and an insulting one.

When Muhammed threw out all the idols he left an icon to the Virgin Mary..
Not really, the buried the icon in the ground along with an icon of Christ.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Jews reject Christ so we don’t worship the same God as unbelieving Jews do, Mohammadans are also heretics, we don’t worship the same God as pagans and heretics. Only Christianity can claim a direct lineage to the religion of the Mosaic covenant and to chide himself while Jews and Mohammadans can’t.
Man i hate to burst your bubble but Numbers 23:19 says God is not a man that he should lie, nor the son of man that he should repent. So just to point this out in case you don't get it Muslims do not worship anyone as God but God, muslims completely believe in jesus and that he is the messiah but he is not was not and will never be God because that is not possible as the Bible proves. Also God called israel his children and says he is their husband and even says in jeremiah people use to prove christianity, well go read the whole book what does it say? It says god will make a new covenant with the house of israel and tribe of judah. read the word of God

Jeremiah 31:31-34 King James Version (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

God clearly says he is married to Israel spread your brainwashed propaganda somewhere else i am not muslim and do not agree with it overall but they understand the commandments thou shalt have no other Gods before me and not to worship idols.

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I can be healed... if it is the Perfect Will of YHWH! And I am not aware, as a believer in the One Triune Elohim, that you need my permission to pray for me. FYI: I and six other men have prayed for and laid hands on people that were Miraculously Healed. We prayed for one lady that went into surgery for the removal of the Tumor the Doctor discovered that was the size of a Soft Ball but when he cut her it had disappeared. I know of a Christian Man that, without the publicity, has watched a man walk in the door, fell dead, and prayed for YHWH's mercy and the man rode home with his wife.

I know YHWH interceeds and I know He does not heal everyone. Do you have a time period before I get out of bed with no more Vertigo and have the strength to walk once more?
Post one single video of a miracle. Jesus said these things i do so you will do and much greater things. Behold i give you the power to heal the sick cast out devils. One video. This superstitous magical mumbo jumbo is LITERALLY responsible for millions of deaths of people I KNEW that would not go to a doctor or even take herbs because JESUS was going to heal them. DIED AND IT IS NOT FUNNY THERE IS NO MAGICAL HEALING THAT IS WHAT THE EGYPTIANS THE PAGANS AND ROMAN GOD MEN ALL DID PERFORMED MIRACLES FOUGHT EVIL ASCENDED TO BE WITH THE GREAT SUN DISK IN THE SKY TO GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE BS STOP LETTING PEOPLE DIE FROM SUPERSTITOUS MAGIC.

MIRACLES CLAIM DEBUNKED WITHOUT PROOF ANYONE CAN SEE.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post one single video of a miracle. Jesus said these things i do so you will do and much greater things. Behold i give you the power to heal the sick cast out devils. One video. This superstitous magical mumbo jumbo is LITERALLY responsible for millions of deaths of people I KNEW that would not go to a doctor or even take herbs because JESUS was going to heal them. DIED AND IT IS NOT FUNNY THERE IS NO MAGICAL HEALING THAT IS WHAT THE EGYPTIANS THE PAGANS AND ROMAN GOD MEN ALL DID PERFORMED MIRACLES FOUGHT EVIL ASCENDED TO BE WITH THE GREAT SUN DISK IN THE SKY TO GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE BS STOP LETTING PEOPLE DIE FROM SUPERSTITOUS MAGIC.

MIRACLES CLAIM DEBUNKED WITHOUT PROOF ANYONE CAN SEE.
Hyper much?

Upvote 0

Matthew86

Feb 25, 2020
Bible belt
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hyper much?
Maybe i did not explain something clearly enough. I went to church with a nice man named David for 2 years who had liver cancer. He got up and proclaimed his diagnosis and that jesus would heal him by his faith alone. I on the other hand am a cancer survivor, i had the tumor removed and then changed my lifestyle and started exercising and detoxing. 18 years later my health is better than ever. I offered David liver cleansing herbs and told him not only did it help me but if the liver is functioning properly will 100% for sure cure his cancer. He pushed it back to me and smiled saying no no brother jesus has got this.

No one will tell me that man had less faith than a grain of a mustard seed. So yes i get hyper and i am very angry right now someone actually telling people not to seek medical attention put to pray my my my. If you have a life threatening ailment please please seek help. There is no evidence anywhere in the world of anyone being resurrected. Jesus said you will resurrect the dead and even greater things. Not one person regrew an arm or a leg believing in jesus. Give me one single bit of proof that even an atheist could inspect and say yes that happened. Doesn't exist go to the graveyards and tell that to the mourning family members. What despicable evil...

Upvote 0