Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. No apology. Stubborn indifference. Twisted interpretation. Thank you for your time.

You have no evidence covid is more dangerous than the common cold is for the vaccinated.

Good day, Sir.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Or until a massive asteroid collides with earth, or until the planet self-ignites.

What I'm saying is that there is no scientific evidence that the virus can or will ever mutate and bypass the RNA type vaccines. It's pure speculation.
Except that there is ample evidence of viruses mutating to become vaccine resistant, the flu says hello. Indeed there is already credible scientific evidence that the delta a variant is more resistant to some of the vaccines out there such as astra zenica.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except that there is ample evidence of viruses mutating to become vaccine resistant, the flu says hello. Indeed there is already credible scientific evidence that the delta a variant is more resistant to some of the vaccines out there such as astra zenica.

Let me know when it becomes more dangerous than the common cold for the vaccinated... Then, I will get my mask out and take precautions. But I won't do it based on speculation of what "might" happen.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me know when it becomes more dangerous than the common cold for the vaccinated... Then, I will get my mask out and take precautions. But I won't do it based on speculation of what "might" happen.

a) It is more dangerous than the common cold for everyone, whether vaccinated or not. Vaccination will probably keep you from being hospitalized for a long period of time or dying, but it will affect you far more than the common cold.

b) You're making as much sense as someone saying "I won't wear a seatbelt because people who wear them die in automobile accidents."

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
a) It is more dangerous than the common cold for everyone, whether vaccinated or not. Vaccination will probably keep you from being hospitalized for a long period of time or dying, but it will affect you far more than the common cold.

There is no credible scientific evidence that supports this.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,872.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You have no evidence covid is more dangerous than the common cold is for the vaccinated.

Good day, Sir.
In post #14 you made this declaration "It means that since we vaccinated people can't get more than the sniffles from COVID, . . . ."
That is the assertion I was challenging. It is wrong.

I've provided you with a clear statement from the CDC that vaccinated people can "get more than the sniffles from COVID".

You ignore that and start prattling on about the common cold.

So here is something a little more specific.
"Severe cases among vaccinated people are possible but extremely rare — the vaccines dramatically reduce the risk of serious illness that leads to hospitalization or death. And 97% of those currently hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, according to Walensky."

Well, that looks in line with your thinking, until you realise that it means 3% of those in hospital with Covid have been vaccinated. Do you get hospitalised for the common cold? And then there is the next paragraph.
"For context, as of July 19, out of 159 million fully vaccinated people, the CDC documented 5,914 cases of fully vaccinated people who were hospitalized or died from COVID-19, and 75% of them were over age 65. It's not clear how many of these breakthrough infections the delta variant caused, but it's now by far the dominant variant in circulation."

Given your earlier responses I anticipate you will double down on your denial, shift the goalposts again and generally behave in an ungracious manner. Please prove me wrong. It would make for an uplifting moment.

Source of quotes

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no credible scientific evidence that supports this.

There is tons of scientific evidence that COVID-19 is more dangerous than the common cold for everyone, whether vaccinated or not. Can you give us any evidence that it's not? Why do you think the whole world is in a real panic because of the deadliest virus to appear in more than a century?

Read the post previous to mine...

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'Muslim-free' gun range closes in Oklahoma

227117627_10159520786818748_8452124703814572984_n.jpg

Well, there's an example of a bad business practice...

Thoughts?
Fortunately it didn’t have a smiley face or the cartoon police would have showed up,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good bye based Gun club.

Here's the thing though. You probably don't need to advertise it as being anti-Muslim but rather just make sure enough clientele are there that are sufficiently non-Muslim in order to dissuade Muslims, at least the devout one's from wanting membership.

They could have gone about this in a better way. Hang a lot of crosses on the wall. Have a bar in the sitting area. Have haram music playing. Most Muslims would probably have stayed away and they wouldn't have lost the gun range. People tend to affiliate or want to participate in organizations or groups that affirm their values and identity.

Even then if you did have a Muslim attend, he probably isn't very devout and you're then encouraging him away from his faith by welcoming him there and being friendly.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Masks prevent the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Period. They are a very effective deterrent against the spread of this disease, and it's foolish not to wear one. As I wrote earlier, I view wearing masks as similar to wearing seatbelts: government-mandated safety measures that save lives. Yet not too many people oppose seatbelts, probably because they came on the scene before there was a host of self-appointed "experts" on social media spreading disinformation. There is some very convincing evidence that the general health will be effectively safeguarded by people being vaccinated and wearing masks.

Now, back to the subject of the OP?

Discrimination against a group based on their religion is illegal.
Discrimination against a group based on their gullibility is legal.

Are you saying that the vaccinated are gullible to believe that the vaccines work? Are you an Anti vaxxer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I can't back my fellow guidos on this one. The Hawaiians Canadians are right: pineapple (and spicy ham) on pizza is delicious.

Agreed...I'm on team pineapple

The local pizza joint by me uses pineapple, Capicola, and bacon on theirs.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed...I'm on team pineapple

The local pizza joint by me uses pineapple, Capicola, and bacon on theirs.

I can take or leave the bacon, but capicola is a fine choice.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Well see, that's something that's just patently untrue.

Even prior to vaccines being available, there were people who had asymptomatic cases.

Now that vaccines are available and a large number of us have had them, for the small subset of people who do get breakthrough cases, there are several that are asymptomatic.

In fact, the CDC suspects there actually quite a few asymptomatic cases
COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases: Data from the States

And they're basing that on the fact that the only the breakthrough cases they're tracking are ones that were hospitalized.

They came to that conclusion because of the fact that of the breakthrough cases, 27% (per the article I linked) were hospitalized for things unrelated to covid, presented no covid symptoms, and had originally been admitted for something completely unrelated. They just happened to catch it with routine admissions testing.

So, the chances are, if 27% of breakthrough cases they know about (and discovered due to testing protocols for hospital admissions for other reasons) were asymptomatic infections, and the only people who are getting subjected to regular testing are athletes and people in very certain lines of work, and people who don't have any covid symptoms aren't just randomly deciding to go get tested (in fact, the public health officials even told vaccinated people that they didn't need a test after a known exposure if they didn't have symptoms)

We probably have a lot of asymptomatic infections floating around among the vaccinated as we speak.

Like when they caught the cluster of breakthrough cases on the Yankees... 9 people, 7 were asymptomatic, and 2 had very mild symptoms. Chances are, if those 7 guys were grocery store employees and not professional baseball players, they never even would've gotten tested if they didn't have any symptoms.

I'm on the pro-vaccine team here, I got it the day after they expanded eligibility to my age group (and followed the protocols up until that point), and I think everyone else should as well.

But this unfounded exaggerating and scaremongering isn't winning anyone over to our side.

It's just making people think we're "full of it" when the exaggerated warnings about "what's gonna happen" never come to fruition.

We need to focus on the basics and the truth.

The 125,682 "breakthrough" cases in 38 states represent less than .08 percent of the 164.2 million-plus people fully vaccinated since January.

And only 1300 out of the 164 million vaccinated people (or 0.0008%) have died...

So, if you're vaccinated, you have a 0.08% chance of developing symptomatic covid, and a 0.0008% chance of dying from covid. I, as a vaccinated person, literally had a higher statistical chance of getting hospitalized by a food borne illness eating chipotle earlier today than I would from covid (and a a much higher chance of getting killed riding my bike there to pick it up than I would have for dying from covid) ...yet I wasn't particularly paranoid about my lunch prognosis.

Trying to tell vaccinated people that they should be deathly afraid of this isn't doing anything other than inadvertently undermining confidence in the vaccine.

If you look at those kinds of numbers, and compare those to other societal risks we take every day, it should be evident that "making vaccinated people paranoid of covid" simply isn't a good way to manage risk. If we stopped doing everything that had a 0.08% chance of us getting hurt, or a 0.0008% chance of us dying, we'd literally never do anything.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I, as a vaccinated person, literally had a higher statistical chance of getting hospitalized by a food borne illness eating chipotle earlier today

Let’s be honest - eating at Chipotle warrants a brow beating.

Upvote 0