• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Muslim exploring Christianity

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Spiritualseeker1989, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Spiritualseeker1989

Spiritualseeker1989 New Member

+3
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hi everyone. I am Abdul, a Muslim from London. I've been shocked recently by some of the contradictions in the Qur'an - especially around Muhammad's treatment of women. My impression of Christianity is that it's a more compassionate religion, but I know very little about it.
    I'd be grateful for some reading recommendations and people's views on the overlaps and areas of difference between the two religions.

Thanks everyone!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,352
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Welcome! Good to hear you are exploring Jesus Christ of Nazareth . First and foremost, He is God in the flesh. This is very important to understand and believe. Be blessed.

3. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+5,091
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    The best reading is the Bible itself, in particular the New Testament. There are four Gospel accounts, I would recommend John or Mark as a good starting point. You can find the Bible online, such as at blueletterbible.com.

A good book about basic Christianity is Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

A leading ministry toward Muslims is Acts 17 Apologetics, which you can find on youtube. He does a really good job exploring the contradictions you've been finding in the Koran.

This is a very compelling testimony from a scholar who was high in the Iranian Revolution of 1979:

There are other resources at: The Good Way

Good luck in your search. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

4. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Well-Known Member

+192
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    Islam afterlife is to be married, according to quran so its not heaven. Jesus says in heaven people cannot marry.

5. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+5,279
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    This audiobook may interest you.

Livres audio et plus | Votre premier livre est gratuit! | Audible.ca

Begum Bilquis Sheikh was a a member of the noble Muslim Hayat Khattar family, an author and Christian missionary. She is known for her high-profile conversion from Islam to Christianity, following a series of visions and prophetic dreams. She told her life story in the book, "I Dared To Call Him Father" (1978), a 25th Anniversary edition was released by Baker Publishing Group in 2003. The book was co-authored by Richard H. Schneider and provided a foreword by Catherine Marshall.

6. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+2,359
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    Welcome to the Christian Forums.

God is One. There is no god except the One God.

In Islam, God has 99 names, which describe His character. In Christianity the main character of God is the one name missing in Islam. That name is Love. God is love. Jesus / Issa revealed God's name. And Jesus himself is God's perfect revelation in the flesh: the Word of God, which He bestowed on Mary.

Perhaps your best bet is to pray to God to reveal truth to you.

And read the Gospel / Injeel. There are 4 Injeels, which have the sayings of Jesus. They are written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The Injeels are originally written in Greek and you'll find translations in all languages online.

The Quran has similarities to Luke's Injeel. So, it is probably best to start by reading it.

I'm sure a lot of Christians in these forums will be happy to answer your questions.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  7. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+9,739
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Cool, welcome! I’m a former Muslim, too. God bless you, man. Feel free to ask anything here.

8. Mountainmike

Mountainmike Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,298
    Catholic
    Married
    I suggest listening to some of Marcus grodis “ journey home “ video series interviews with former Muslims who came back to the faith. You may relate to them and the difficulties they had with understanding of the faith, with friends and family.

You searched for muslim - The Coming Home Network

It’s also worth listening to Steve Rays video
    “ Islam, what every infidel must know”
    It explores the different views about God

it’s true Allah is viewed as an authoritarian unknowable God
    Where the Christian view is a God of love.

google
    “steve ray what every infidel should know”
    you will find it.

9. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,476
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Welcome aboard friend. God will guide you on your journey. You have taken the first step.

God bless you

10. Lost4words

+8,476
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Welcome aboard friend. God will guide you on your journey. You have taken the first step.

God bless you

11. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,307
    Atheist
    Welcome to the boards.

I am an atheist. I recommend you consider how well-founded or not religious beliefs are.

12. Lost4words

+8,476
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Superb video. Thank you for sharing

13. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,484
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome to the forum.

You would like books or web sites to be recommended.

Shook other than the Bible I would recommend is by Lee Strobel, the Case for Christ. It is an account of his investigation into the crucifixion of Jesus, by interviewing experts in the fields of medicine, history etc etc etc.
    Web sites Doorcase Christianity, run by an ex Doorcase detective who as an atheist was challenged to use his detective skills on the case of Jesus and the reliability of the Bible.

If our have time check out the Christianity explored and the alpha course web sites for churches running these courses and see if you can join an online course.
    They would enable you to discuss via zoom etc questions about Christianity.

Otherwise post questions on this forum.

14. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,395
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Hello and nice to meet you.

I am a former Muslim who is now saved by the Grace of God through Christ, our Lord and Savior.

The question that bothered me most, the one I couldn't stamp down though I tried, was what is the Messiah for, really?

The Qur'an never once denies that the Christ came as Messiah, but then dismisses any purpose other than to confirm Islam at the end of times. And that to me was unnecessary, why all this Messiah stuff if it's an unnecessary, redundant position of authority? I mean, really, seemed pretty dumb and I didn't believe God to be stupid.

So at one point in my life I finally asked the question out loud, What is the purpose of the Messiah? And this time, I asked Christians...

A quote from a Dutch reformed theologian sums it up nicely:

“In Christianity the heavens do open, and God descends to the earth. In the other religions it is man whom we always see at work, trying by the achievement of knowledge, by keeping all kinds of rules, or by withdrawal from the world into the secrecy of his own inner life to obtain redemption from evil and communion with God. In the Christian religion the work of men is nothing, and it is God Himself who acts, intervenes in history, opens the way of redemption in Christ and by the power of His grace brings man into that redemption and causes him to walk in it.

Herman Bavinck, The Wonderful Works of God (also under the title "Our Reasonable Faith")

So a good place for you to start is, who is the Messiah, and what is His purpose according to Christianity?

In this answer, you will find everything...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  15. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+24,721
    Agnostic
    Single
    Far be it for me to discourage you or anyone else from a spiritual path, but you're going to find contradictions in the Bible -- as well as scores of people who will happily explain why they're not contradictions; you're simply reading it wrong. I suspect there are just as many people doing the same for the Qur'an. Also, the treatment of women is kind of a mixed bag -- which is to be expected from the time, which was not particularly enlightened regarding equality of the sexes.

If you're looking for a god -- be it Allah or Jehova -- you're not going to find it in any book. Truth may be timeless and universal, but the words used to express that Truth are always the product of the time and place they were written.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Jesusfann777888

Jesusfann777888 Member

+47
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Please review:

"I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.” ~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111).

I favor logic at time's abdul, a prophet would never say this and have no reason to say this if they served anyone. I Hope This Verse Bring's you out of islam so you can Realize Christianity is Yahweh God'S Word.

17. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+13,417
    Christian
    Married
    I would strongly recommend studying nobody and nothing right now except the scripture itself.

I would recommend that you read the first four books of the New Testament--the Gospels--and then Acts and Romans.

One thing you will see in the scripture, in the book of John, is that no one can come to a belief in Jesus unless God enables them. Read these books and pray to God for enlightenment in them as you read.

After you have read those, determine if you believe what you have read.

18. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,214
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    The key to it would be the Gospel of John. Pious Muslims regard the Tanakh plus the Synoptics in something of the same light as we regard what we call the "Old Testament." Indeed, much of the Quran is given over to commentaries on these texts.

19. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,225
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't have a book that I've read, but I've learned a few things about Islam, including from a couple of Muslim guys I grew up with. If you have a specific question about Christianity, I'm happy to answer.