Tuscaloosa
✟16,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The hardest part about accepting Christianity has been the part about wrapping my head around the Trinity. I'm still trying to make sense of that. It's like....I understand it in a way and yet it kind of eludes me...and yet I do kind of get it. It's almost like my heart knows it and my mind is trying to catch up?

My parents are from a Muslim country. I was born and raised in the U.S.

I've told my siblings that I have accepted Christ. They are happy for me. My father knew about it. We never spoke of it, but he knew and he was content about it. He passed away last year. He was a good man with a fair mind and heart.
My mother......is someone that I will never tell. She's not in the right state of mind (she hasn't been in a long time), I see no reason to upset her unnecessarily. I've spoken to my husband's cousin's husband, Pastor T, about it at great length. Even he agreed that it was best to keep my Mom in the dark because it would do no good in telling her. He also believes it's best to not openly publicize my converting to Christianity because both he and I are worried about any backlash from Muslims in my town, namely the overly religious ones that may get it in their minds to consider honor killing. My ex-husband had been riling up the local mosque, mainly the more extreme religious men that attend there, about how I did an unIslamic thing by divorcing him.
I don't believe that being Baptized will put me in danger. The church is small and I don't believe that the parishioners run in the same circles as the Muslims that were in my life before I divorced.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The hardest part about accepting Christianity has been the part about wrapping my head around the Trinity. I'm still trying to make sense of that. It's like....I understand it in a way and yet it kind of eludes me...and yet I do kind of get it. It's almost like my heart knows it and my mind is trying to catch up?

My parents are from a Muslim country. I was born and raised in the U.S.

I've told my siblings that I have accepted Christ. They are happy for me. My father knew about it. We never spoke of it, but he knew and he was content about it. He passed away last year. He was a good man with a fair mind and heart.
My mother......is someone that I will never tell. She's not in the right state of mind (she hasn't been in a long time), I see no reason to upset her unnecessarily. I've spoken to my husband's cousin's husband, Pastor T, about it at great length. Even he agreed that it was best to keep my Mom in the dark because it would do no good in telling her. He also believes it's best to not openly publicize my converting to Christianity because both he and I are worried about any backlash from Muslims in my town, namely the overly religious ones that may get it in their minds to consider honor killing. My ex-husband had been riling up the local mosque, mainly the more extreme religious men that attend there, about how I did an unIslamic thing by divorcing him.
I don't believe that being Baptized will put me in danger. The church is small and I don't believe that the parishioners run in the same circles as the Muslims that were in my life before I divorced.
Just be careful. Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0