Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love shows about vampires and witches because the storylines are so good. I know that these creatures don't exist but I just watch them to enjoy them. I don't want to give these shows up. Also, I enjoy good horror movies (much aware they're not real and actors are not really dead). I don't have any desire whatsoever to start practicing witchcraft because in real life it all leads to the devil. I realize that in these shows they are set in an alternate universe (for example, people being dead and coming back to life, or finding peace instead of heaven and there's no mention of Jesus.) I wouldn't want to live there!
As for the music, unless the lyrics are demonic or anti-god, or explicit with sex and terrible language, if the melody is good, I'm okay with that song.

Is this considered an unrepented sin? I gave up listening to gangsta rap a long time ago although every now and then I'll hear the songs to remember my childhood/twenties. Would I go to hell for this?

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love shows about vampires and witches because the storylines are so good. I know that these creatures don't exist but I just watch them to enjoy them. I don't want to give these shows up. Also, I enjoy good horror movies (much aware they're not real and actors are not really dead). I don't have any desire whatsoever to start practicing witchcraft because in real life it all leads to the devil. I realize that in these shows they are set in an alternate universe (for example, people being dead and coming back to life, or finding peace instead of heaven and there's no mention of Jesus.) I wouldn't want to live there!
As for the music, unless the lyrics are demonic or anti-god, or explicit with sex and terrible language, if the melody is good, I'm okay with that song.

Is this considered an unrepented sin? I gave up listening to gangsta rap a long time ago although every now and then I'll hear the songs to remember my childhood/twenties. Would I go to hell for this?
Sins have sinful results. If someone enjoys a six-pack of beer every weekend, is that the same as an alcoholic drinking a quart of wine every day? If the activity leads to addiction and further sins, or adverse changes in personality, then it is sin that must be dealt with. Either a person is becoming more godly, or becoming less godly, and what is the sin that is taking one in the wrong direction?

2 Pet. 1:3-11 "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins. Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

IMO you should be less concerned about what sins will send you to hell, and more concerned about who you are in relation to Christ.
TD:)

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You will not go to hell for watching those kinds of movies. The bible tells us there is a middle road in these things.

Ecc 7:16-18 Be not given overmuch to righteousness and be not over-wise. Why let destruction come on you? Be not evil overmuch, and be not foolish. Why come to your end before your time? It is good to take this in your hand and not to keep your hand from that; he who has the fear of God will be free of the two.

The scripture above says, don't be overly righteous, given to a strict applying of scripture to every activity in life. For if you do you will destroy your own life. There is a middle ground. Yet it says don't be overly foolish, nor evil.

This applies to things like entertainment, that as you have said you "enjoy them", and they "don't lead you to actually sin".

For me personally, I like a bit of a fantasy movie or computer game, things with magic, but I have found in recent times God has drawn me to be less attracted to it.

I guess a good prayer to pray would be "God I really like these kinds of things, I thank you that I can as a Christian watch them, but if LORD it is in any way offensive to you, change my heart to be less attracted to them".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Your sins where taken care of, on the cross. Jesus took away the sin of the world.

If you have trusted in The Messiah for Gods free gift of Eternal Life. Then nothing you do, can keep you from Eternal Life, a believer has and nothing can take this Eternal Life away.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe this is something you need to direct to God, as asking other Christians inevitably leads to a lot of conflicting personal opinions. What one person may be able to enjoy without harming their walk with God may be different from what another person can do.

Upvote 0