Music: If it feels good, do it!

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No point answering to me. In the end of the day, its not me that needs ur answer. Remember,

Ephesians 2:8,9," For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Salvational faith. Have you believed that Jesus is the only way for you to be sinless in the sight of God the Father? And have you trusted in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection? More importantly, have you repented? These are the questions for you to check yourself.

IF Jesus were not strict, many would have accepted Him during His time on earth. Fact is Jesus did not compromise. He did what God wanted Him to do. He even told the congregation to eat his flesh and drink his blood, which to the people at that time, the uttermost insult. A same situation we have in most Christians today. We should not compromise as Jesus did not. We should be more Christ like and not more 'pop/rock star' -like.

Have a good day.
Amen

Upvote 0
G

guuila

No point answering to me. In the end of the day, its not me that needs ur answer. Remember,

Ephesians 2:8,9," For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Salvational faith. Have you believed that Jesus is the only way for you to be sinless in the sight of God the Father? And have you trusted in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection? More importantly, have you repented? These are the questions for you to check yourself.

IF Jesus were not strict, many would have accepted Him during His time on earth. Fact is Jesus did not compromise. He did what God wanted Him to do. He even told the congregation to eat his flesh and drink his blood, which to the people at that time, the uttermost insult. A same situation we have in most Christians today. We should not compromise as Jesus did not. We should be more Christ like and not more 'pop/rock star' -like.

Have a good day.
Amen

"...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9 ESV)

Yep, still good. Whew!

Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Cool so I can be saved and still play drums?
King David was the man close to God's Heart, and yet he sinned with Bethsheba. Do as you will, like i said, in the end of the day, we do what we have to. We play our parts, and I did my part by telling you this.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

King David was the man close to God's Heart, and yet he sinned with Bethsheba. Do as you will, like i said, in the end of the day, we do what we have to. We play our parts, and I did my part by telling you this.

Awesome well it's a good thing Scripture is my authority and not the opinions of man. Thanks for looking out though! Here's an article that really might help you understand where I and others here are coming from:

http://www.challies.com/articles/should-we-light-candles
http://www.challies.com/articles/should-we-light-candles-part-2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

How do you know that you're saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Where does it say to be a legalist and our everyone else under the same yoke as you?

Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How do you know that you're saved?
How do i know i'm saved?

1) you gotta admit and know you're a sinner.
2) you cant save yourself. neither can any of your works. Only Jesus can save you. and you gotta know how and why
3) By one man, all man sin. And also by one man, we all can be sinless
4) Believe in Jesus' life as a sinless man, he was persecuted. Believing that His blood can wash our sins away is important. Similar to the passover, Jesus Christ's blood is stained on us that when God sees us at the judgement seat, our names can appear in the book of life.
5) Believing in His resurrection, that Jesus overcame death for us, that he paid the price of sin for us.
6) and believing in His coming again, edifying each other.

Im a baptist. As a baptist, i know the baptist history and hence follow closely to the Bible. If you are a baptist, you should know the doctrines of a Baptist.

Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say to be a legalist and our everyone else under the same yoke as you?
We dont live under the law.. neither do we live under anyone's rule. Did i show you something or offended you with personal opinions ? Or are you offended that because i showed you verses from the Bible that instructs us to be separated from the world? Get that point straighten out.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

Or are you offended that because i showed you verses from the Bible that instructs us to be separated from the world? Get that point straighten out.

Let's see how consistent you are. Are you willing to find out who is managing the server christianforums.com is running on? There's a good chance it's not a Christian. What are you doing partaking in such ungodliness? You need to separate yourself from the world and quit using the products of heathens!

Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let's see how consistent you are. Are you willing to find out who is managing the server christianforums.com is running on? There's a good chance it's not a Christian. What are you doing partaking in such ungodliness? You need to separate yourself from the world and quit using the products of heathens!
To be honest i have no idea who is hosting this server. For quite some time, i have met a lot of people that deviates their stands and compromises in Biblical standards. And hence have a burden to reach out to this group of people. Like i said, its the worship to God that is important.

Entire Bible revolves around Jesus Christ and we are to be more Christ like. Jesus does not tolerate on types of worship which are of satan related. But the clothes that Jesus wears, the food that Jesus eats, they are bought by people which most likely still are not saved. Whats the concern here? The concern is worship to God. And yet you are offended when i raise out the worshiping of God and trying to find fault in matters not related to worshiping of God. Dont be like the Pharisees and Scribes, when confronted with their believes, try to come up with questions such as 'should we pay taxes or not'.

Separation like how Jesus did it, was to separate your own attitude, your own behavior, believes, etc.. as how Jesus did it. Jesus did not have a best friend which is not saved. Did He? But what our Lord did was to associate with the unsaved to save them. Tax payers for example. But did Jesus allow gambling or cheating in the House of the Lord? No, in fact He was angry when that happened. Thats called separation. Are you now angry like Jesus on things that should not be mixed with worship, or are you angry like the cheaters in church because Jesus rebuked them? Separation from the world is not a statement i made it up. Its written in the Bible. The only question is are you going to ridicule me on something the Bible says? Partaking in this forum is to meet and share the knowledge i have studied from the Bible with fellow brothers, in hopes of edifying them, as instructed in the Bible. Once again, as mentioned before, are you offended by my personal opinions or with God's Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Drug addiction, something of good measure and biblically practiced? Smoking, drinking, something the Bible says is good?

Anyways, i think my point is well portrayed out. Our body is the holy temple of God, hence we dont pollute it or damage it with drugs or smoking or alcohols. Yet, these are not mentioned in the Bible. Similarly to the type of music we listen to. A common practice done by the voodoos to invite evil spirits. And we are asked not to be equally yoked with Belial. And here you are disputing that this is my personal opinion. Well, i think its a very clear cut comparison on similar biblical applications which people bluntly ignore, more disappointing when the Baptists dont uphold their history and doctrines.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
We dont live under the law.. neither do we live under anyone's rule. Did i show you something or offended you with personal opinions ? Or are you offended that because i showed you verses from the Bible that instructs us to be separated from the world? Get that point straighten out.

You reveal a lot in your post.

You are a Baptist, congratulations,my self I live for Christ first and share common ideals with my Faith group.

Did Christ teach us a gospel of inclusion?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Now this explains the difference between flesh of the world,and the spirit of God in our being.
To be led by the spirit we are sons of God.

If you have a mind of flesh,you will obsess over fleshly things to the point of dwelling more on flesh than the body of Christ.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

This is our commission,we cannot complete it by being excluded from the world.

We are not of the flesh of this world,this is the context you are trying to convey.

But you are obsessed with the flesh,and you believe by inclusion you are righteous.

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

The verses posted are Christian fundamentals,yet they are posted time and time again.

My take on ( strain at a Nat) is to worry about drums. (Swallow a Camel) each time a lost soul is run away from Church.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

Drug addiction, something of good measure and biblically practiced? Smoking, drinking, something the Bible says is good?

Anyways, i think my point is well portrayed out. Our body is the holy temple of God, hence we dont pollute it or damage it with drugs or smoking or alcohols. Yet, these are not mentioned in the Bible. Similarly to the type of music we listen to. A common practice done by the voodoos to invite evil spirits. And we are asked not to be equally yoked with Belial. And here you are disputing that this is my personal opinion. Well, i think its a very clear cut comparison on similar biblical applications which people bluntly ignore, more disappointing when the Baptists dont uphold their history and doctrines.

Not only do I drink beer, I make it as well. I also smoke a pipe. Kind of like that ol' Baptist preacher named Charles Spurgeon smoked cigars. You ever heard of him?

Upvote 0