Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the type of sinful, heathen, devil, voodoo music our church plays.

Isaiah 53 [Sovereign Grace Music] - YouTube

We should repent.

oh yes you should .. my my those collarless shirts and revealing bagy jeans oh im astounded ..and is that a woman in pants ? shock and why is her head not covered ?
and did you know its wrong to lift a fist to heaven
oh such decadence ,how can you sing of the Resurrection the lord and declare his goodness and lordship ... ANd .. ok ok thats my sarcastic speel for today ..now iv got to repent ^_^^_^
- - - - - -
oh that men would not impose the rules of men on spiritual things and so bind up the bride for their own ends.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Too many replies, too little time, but anyways, ill try to reply as many as i can.
1) There are no particular verse that shows drums electronic guitars are not allowed. Then can i ask you a question? Is it written that taking heroin, taking meth, or even smoking coke, is allowed in the Bible? I think you know the answer. There are many things not written in the Bible, or rather many instruments, many substances and many things which you should not do, that is not written in the Bible. But we know that we cant do them, because of the nature of these things. Continuous sinning can harden a man's heart. Similarly to bad practices. Which is more important, to make you comfortable, or to do God's will?

2) Electronic devices originated by a Taoist/Buddhist. Now, whoever who commented on this, i think is very immature or rather, trying to find an excuse to continue the wrong doings. Never the less, i will answer your points. Electronic devices are created by Taoists/Buddhists. Does these 'instruments' play the direct role in worship of God. Here we talk a bout MUSIC. Which is A PART OF GOD'S WORSHIP. In the OT/NT, there are even sinful people such as taxpayers that Jesus accepts and uses, but come in the worship of God, Jesus does not compromise. SHOULD we be more CHRIST-LIKE? OR, should we follow our hearts, (which the heart is evil, no man knoweth it).

3) In reference to St1tch,
I think you should know some Baptist history. In addition to KJV bibles. The labelling of heathen was done by solely you. But never the less, lets talk about it. ESV NIV so so so... The Bible is most accurate in its original language. NO OBJECTION TO THAT. And when we read and interpret the Bible, each word matters. the word LORD and the word Lord is a different Greek word. So is JOY or SAD. There are constantly many words which have different meaning in greek. HOWEVER, with the corrupted translation done in newer versions of the Bible, the meaning is lost. a verse may have about 10 meanings, but with the new versions of the Bible, it is limited to only 2 or 3 meanings. Having said so, WHY KJV? Because the translation from Greek to english at that time, is the CLOSEST we can get. UNLIKE the 'modern' Bibles now which is also a way Satan minimizes the Bible's power.

4) In the past, there are many celebrations but do keep in ur mind that even idol worship are done in quite a 'celebrated' manner. When Moses went up to the mountain for 10 commandments, what did the people do? They started an idol worship full of celebrations. In Daniel, do you remember that it was the mega songs and instruments that are used to worship the king ? I think for ST1TCH's case, he's more of a 'modern' christian which he finds his own justification from the Bible. The entire thing is not being conformed to the world as the Bible instructed, and even at that time, NT, do u see Peter or Paul or Steven, when they start churches, do you see their celebrations of much extravagant manner? Take note that the Bible is profitable at all generations and all time. and when in issue of no electricity, are we trying to conclude that because of lack of electricity we cant take Bible examples in this era? Then you are contradicting with the Bible.

5) For Now Faith, well said in America many are back sliding. IN FACT, many do not have true salvational faith. And all that, is because of their temporal false 'feeling' of God due to these music type of worship to God. Satan is very effective in this manner that the foundation of a Christian is not well built and in the later years, back slides when temptation and trials start coming. Personally, this thread is for christians or 'self-proclaim' christians, we never know. It is the standard which we uphold, me personally as a Baptist. Simple example is, should we stay a virgin? Biblically yes, but many people dont practice that anymore. So bottom line, are u following God's standards

Upvote 0
G

guuila

please check your salvation.
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

What is your testimony and are you TRULY SAVED? THAT, i think is MOST IMPORTANT than the music you practice or listen to

Yep. Saved by Christ alone. I'm not saved by staying away from drumsets.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

Too many replies, too little time, but anyways, ill try to reply as many as i can.
1) There are no particular verse that shows drums electronic guitars are not allowed. Then can i ask you a question? Is it written that taking heroin, taking meth, or even smoking coke, is allowed in the Bible? I think you know the answer. There are many things not written in the Bible, or rather many instruments, many substances and many things which you should not do, that is not written in the Bible. But we know that we cant do them, because of the nature of these things. Continuous sinning can harden a man's heart. Similarly to bad practices. Which is more important, to make you comfortable, or to do God's will?

Doing drugs is being a bad steward of your body. Playing a guitar is not harmful to your body. Glad we can put this red herring to rest.

2) Electronic devices originated by a Taoist/Buddhist. Now, whoever who commented on this, i think is very immature or rather, trying to find an excuse to continue the wrong doings. Never the less, i will answer your points. Electronic devices are created by Taoists/Buddhists. Does these 'instruments' play the direct role in worship of God. Here we talk a bout MUSIC. Which is A PART OF GOD'S WORSHIP. In the OT/NT, there are even sinful people such as taxpayers that Jesus accepts and uses, but come in the worship of God, Jesus does not compromise. SHOULD we be more CHRIST-LIKE? OR, should we follow our hearts, (which the heart is evil, no man knoweth it).

I'd still like to know how it is playing drums makes a person practice voodoo, but using equipment Buddhists made doesn't make you practice Buddhism. Why are you so inconsistent?

Be back later. I'm gonna go pound on my drums. Sola Scriptura for the win.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
please check your salvation.
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

What is your testimony and are you TRULY SAVED? THAT, i think is MOST IMPORTANT than the music you practice or listen to

By His own choice, He gave us a new birth by the message of truth so that we would be the firstfruits of His creatures. (James 1:18 HCSB)

Yep. I'm saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Singing is part of the worship requested and due to God the Almighty, but it is not all there is to
worship. The acts of worship that are specified by God are: singing, preaching, praying, giving,
and the Lord’s Supper (Colossians 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Acts 20:7; 2 Timothy 4:2; 1
Corinthians 16:1-2). Worship must promote awe and reverence, spirituality and thoughtfulness.
Joy must flow from the heart, and not be worked up by the excessive use of external helps.
God has given the human voice as the primary source of expressing singing worship, however
He will accept also some musical instruments to aid the voice in its expression. There is no
evidence that there are many musical instruments in heaven, yet there is music: "And I heard a
sound out of Heaven, as a sound of many waters, and as a sound of great thunder. Also I heard
a sound of harpers harping on their harps." (Rev 14:2 LIT)
Scripture list those instruments that may be used, some instruments are never mentioned, such
as the Drum, and it is best not to use them in our worship. The general rule is that all instruments
are only an aid to the voice, not a supplanter or an overwhelmer thereof. The voice must be
heard clearly over the instruments in its purity, musical instruments that are confusing and
distorting must not be used.
Drums, although in wide use and well known in all history were never used to worship God
because drums have always been associated with voodoo, shamanism, paganism and magic
rituals, the church of Christ has no part with that.
Singing worship can be loud and we must sing with all our hearts to the Lord giving all that we
got, but the voice is supreme in worship and the instruments are just an aid and we are singing
to the Lord not to ourselves. Worship is not for human exhibitionism—God resists the proud. It is
not to show off or to admire human artistic ability. Musical aids must never be allowed to turn
worship into entertainment. They must never interfere with the spiritual character of worship.
The standard of God remains—that musical instruments should be modest in character, limited in
number, and that they should never be allowed to overwhelm the intelligent and sincere offering
of worship voiced from the minds and hearts of believers.
The worship of the church of Christ is plainly given in the New Testament. Jesus said: "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24). The day Christians communally worship God is Sunday, the first day of the week, the "Lord’s Day" (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2; Revelation 1:10). The music of the church of Christ is singing. This is the only kind of music that is mentioned in the NT by God in His word for the worship of His church (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19). Singing is commanded of all Christians, not just a
favoured few. Choirs, quartets, solos, and choral groups are not mentioned in the New Testament nor are instruments of music resembling pianos, organs, drums, guitars, etc. mentioned in the New Testament either.

Upvote 0

zanness

May 1, 2013
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
By grace.
AND... GRACE alone doesnt save you.. please get this point clear... 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21,22,23," Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

The reason why salvation MUST BE cleared out.. is because you never know whether are u working blindly for nothing. Check your salvation. Get it cleared.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

Singing is part of the worship requested and due to God the Almighty, but it is not all there is to
worship. The acts of worship that are specified by God are: singing, preaching, praying, giving,
and the Lord’s Supper (Colossians 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Acts 20:7; 2 Timothy 4:2; 1
Corinthians 16:1-2). Worship must promote awe and reverence, spirituality and thoughtfulness.
Joy must flow from the heart, and not be worked up by the excessive use of external helps.
God has given the human voice as the primary source of expressing singing worship, however
He will accept also some musical instruments to aid the voice in its expression. There is no
evidence that there are many musical instruments in heaven, yet there is music: "And I heard a
sound out of Heaven, as a sound of many waters, and as a sound of great thunder. Also I heard
a sound of harpers harping on their harps." (Rev 14:2 LIT)
Scripture list those instruments that may be used, some instruments are never mentioned, such
as the Drum, and it is best not to use them in our worship. The general rule is that all instruments
are only an aid to the voice, not a supplanter or an overwhelmer thereof. The voice must be
heard clearly over the instruments in its purity, musical instruments that are confusing and
distorting must not be used.
Drums, although in wide use and well known in all history were never used to worship God
because drums have always been associated with voodoo, shamanism, paganism and magic
rituals, the church of Christ has no part with that.
Singing worship can be loud and we must sing with all our hearts to the Lord giving all that we
got, but the voice is supreme in worship and the instruments are just an aid and we are singing
to the Lord not to ourselves. Worship is not for human exhibitionism—God resists the proud. It is
not to show off or to admire human artistic ability. Musical aids must never be allowed to turn
worship into entertainment. They must never interfere with the spiritual character of worship.
The standard of God remains—that musical instruments should be modest in character, limited in
number, and that they should never be allowed to overwhelm the intelligent and sincere offering
of worship voiced from the minds and hearts of believers.
The worship of the church of Christ is plainly given in the New Testament. Jesus said: "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24). The day Christians communally worship God is Sunday, the first day of the week, the "Lord’s Day" (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2; Revelation 1:10). The music of the church of Christ is singing. This is the only kind of music that is mentioned in the NT by God in His word for the worship of His church (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19). Singing is commanded of all Christians, not just a
favoured few. Choirs, quartets, solos, and choral groups are not mentioned in the New Testament nor are instruments of music resembling pianos, organs, drums, guitars, etc. mentioned in the New Testament either.

It sounds like you're a strict advocate of the Regulative Principle of Worship. I am not. Therefore I reject your assertions and opinions. You have no right enforcing rules on us where Scripture is silent. I have an amazingly clear Holy Spirit informed conscience that I can play drums to the glory of God. And I will. Have fun in your legalism! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

guuila

AND... GRACE alone doesnt save you.. please get this point clear... 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Those folks didn't have sovereign grace applied to their heart giving them a heart of flesh. These people were still dead in their natural configuration.

Matthew 7:21,22,23," Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

The reason why salvation MUST BE cleared out.. is because you never know whether are u working blindly for nothing. Check your salvation. Get it cleared.

I just checked. I'm good.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

IF you die today, can you show from the Bible verses that proves you will be going to heaven? Can you show from the Bible that you are saved? Remember, works dont get you to heaven.

"...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9 ESV)

Woohoo I'm saved!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Those folks didn't have sovereign grace applied to their heart giving them a heart of flesh. These people were still dead in their natural configuration.

I just checked. I'm good.

Me, too, bro. Whew.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

How do we know YOU'RE saved?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9 ESV)

Woohoo I'm saved!

Thanks for the new avatar. Going to listen to some Rush now.

Upvote 0