Apr 15, 2012
Ohio
✟15,239.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I love music!
I played piano for 6 years, have been playing trumpet for 5 years and guitar for a little over a year, but guitar is by far my favorite since I can improvise fairly well on it. I like to play all styles including jazz, blues, reggae, metal, rock, praise and worship, alternative rock, rap, hip hop, and some classical.
I love the bands
For King & Country
Planetshakers
Jesus Culture
Sanctus Real
Toby Mac
Lecrae
Chris Tomlin
Royal Tailor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I cannot stand most contemporary music. It is jerky and the lyrics are repetitive. It makes me nervous to go to a youth service, which so many of our churches have become, and sit in the dark and watch the people singing which isn't really singing but mostly shouting to music. There is never a quiet time or part of the service when the Lord can work in us through our contemplative thoughts.
I went to one church a few Sundays ago and the girl dancers came out at the beginning of the music and they were decked out in bright silk long skirts and gold silk blouses. they began to twirl and the people really got into it. I thought to myself that I would try to enter in and as I stood there at a seat on the aisle, when one of the pretty dancers came by holding the hem or her skirt high and twirling down the aisle. If I had not been looking she would have hit me in the face with the hand that held the hem of her skirt. I ducked and needless to say I never felt anything of the Spirit in the service.
I said all that to say this. I love the hymns of the Church. They are annointed and beautiful and they exalt the Lord and at the same time minister to my heart.
Just my 2¢ worth.

Upvote 0