murder/suicide

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am sort of in shock. I found out yesterday that someone I knew (not well) was involved in a murder/suicide in July. He was young, perhaps 28 and the girl he killed was only about 22. He worked for a company that I used to help make some of the products I sell part time on Amazon and through Chewy. The business employed the mentally handicapped and some war vets (who could not hold jobs due to PTSD). The business closed its doors this spring after 50+ years (sadly) due to what I say was gross mismanagement of funding and relying solely on the state for funds.

On the murder/suicide, I do not understand why people do things like that. They both seemed like nice and friendly people, but obviously I was under inaccurate beliefs. I know that many of the employees in the division I was working with, moved to the new company (same type) that I now use. I want to be careful and not upset anyone in case they do not know of what happened. I have to go to the company today to pay a bill and I’ll chat with the guy I work with and see what the employees know and how they are over it. I have thought on this all night and in the end all I can do is pray for them both.

This reminds me a bit of a murder/suicide from my youth that greatly affected me. I had introduced a good friend, Judy, to someone who introduced her to someone, who she started to date. I was not happy on that as he was a drug user and she began to use some too much. She finally broke up with him and he strangled her then shot himself. I spent years blaming myself on that one, the old “If I had not introduced her to……” and began to drink to help drown my sorrows. I even tried to kill myself at one point. Years later I finally came to the realization that I cannot be responsible to what others do or how my life can have a butterfly effect on others. Some direct things yes, but not this. I forgave myself enough to not drink anymore (over the last 25 years now I could measure how much alcohol I have imbibed in a tall glass)

Please pray for any involved in things like these. May God have mercy on their souls.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am sort of in shock. I found out yesterday that someone I knew (not well) was involved in a murder/suicide in July. He was young, perhaps 28 and the girl he killed was only about 22. He worked for a company that I used to help make some of the products I sell part time on Amazon and through Chewy. The business employed the mentally handicapped and some war vets (who could not hold jobs due to PTSD). The business closed its doors this spring after 50+ years (sadly) due to what I say was gross mismanagement of funding and relying solely on the state for funds.

On the murder/suicide, I do not understand why people do things like that. They both seemed like nice and friendly people, but obviously I was under inaccurate beliefs. I know that many of the employees in the division I was working with, moved to the new company (same type) that I now use. I want to be careful and not upset anyone in case they do not know of what happened. I have to go to the company today to pay a bill and I’ll chat with the guy I work with and see what the employees know and how they are over it. I have thought on this all night and in the end all I can do is pray for them both.

This reminds me a bit of a murder/suicide from my youth that greatly affected me. I had introduced a good friend, Judy, to someone who introduced her to someone, who she started to date. I was not happy on that as he was a drug user and she began to use some too much. She finally broke up with him and he strangled her then shot himself. I spent years blaming myself on that one, the old “If I had not introduced her to……” and began to drink to help drown my sorrows. I even tried to kill myself at one point. Years later I finally came to the realization that I cannot be responsible to what others do or how my life can have a butterfly effect on others. Some direct things yes, but not this. I forgave myself enough to not drink anymore (over the last 25 years now I could measure how much alcohol I have imbibed in a tall glass)

Please pray for any involved in things like these. May God have mercy on their souls.
Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The guy was clearly mentally unstable.

There was a woman who worked where I used to work and we'd see each other in passing, sometimes work in the same area, for several years.

Last time I saw her she was very pregnant and talking about her new baby son. At the time she and her husband were planning a move out of state and would be departing in a few weeks. I thought nothing of it until I heard some months later that her husband had nearly completely sawed her and her new baby's heads off and he was arrested with a pocket full of condoms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow that's rough I'm shocked even imagining it.

Please don't feel guilty though sometimes life overlaps, I understand your reasons for feeling this way but it may have happened even if you had not.. life unfolds in ways we can't understand. Praying you feel better and Gods love starts to heal that space in your heart that is hurting with the guilt. Give it to God he will pour his spirit into you.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The guy was clearly mentally unstable.

There was a woman who worked where I used to work and we'd see each other in passing, sometimes work in the same area, for several years.

Last time I saw her she was very pregnant and talking about her new baby son. At the time she and her husband were planning a move out of state and would be departing in a few weeks. I thought nothing of it until I heard some months later that her husband had nearly completely sawed her and her new baby's heads off and he was arrested with a pocket full of condoms.
Lord have mercy

Upvote 0