Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Murder in the Holy Bible is a very serious crime, which is the unlawful, deliberate, taking of another human life. Because humans have been created in the "Image of God", it is one of the highest crimes against the Lord, and other humans. The Bible's punishment for murder, has been from the Book of Genesis, to Revelation, death. The passage in Revalation show the seriousness of this crime, and its punishment is, "the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death”, which is a far more severe punishment than the death penalty, that humans are to administer on behalf of the Lord. There is no evidence anywhere in the Bible (unless I have missed it), where murder is punishable by anything less than death.

Rather than posting our own personal views, or, what we think what the Bible should say, I would like to see from the Scriptures, if there is any reason why this high crime, should not be punished by death.

Genesis 9:6, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

Exodus 24:14, "But if a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor, to kill him by treachery, you shall take him from My altar, that he may die"

Leviticus 21:17, “Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death."

Numbers 35:20-21, " And if he pushed him out of hatred or hurled something at him, lying in wait, so that he died, or in enmity struck him down with his hand, so that he died, then he who struck the blow shall be put to death. He is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when he meets him"

Numbers 35:31, “Moreover, you shall accept no ransom for the life of a murderer, who is guilty of death, but he shall be put to death

Matthew 5:21-22, “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the punishment.’ Moreover, I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the punishment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. .”

Revelation 21:8, "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Murder in the Holy Bible is a very serious crime, which is the unlawful, deliberate, taking of another human life. Because humans have been created in the "Image of God", it is one of the highest crimes against the Lord, and other humans. The Bible's punishment for murder, has been from the Book of Genesis, to Revelation, death. The passage in Revalation show the seriousness of this crime, and its punishment is, "the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death”, which is a far more severe punishment than the death penalty, that humans are to administer on behalf of the Lord. There is no evidence anywhere in the Bible (unless I have missed it), where murder is punishable by anything less than death.

Rather than posting our own personal views, or, what we think what the Bible should say, I would like to see from the Scriptures, if there is any reason why this high crime, should not be punished by death.

Genesis 9:6, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

Exodus 24:14, "But if a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor, to kill him by treachery, you shall take him from My altar, that he may die"

Numbers 35:20-21, " And if he pushed him out of hatred or hurled something at him, lying in wait, so that he died, or in enmity struck him down with his hand, so that he died, then he who struck the blow shall be put to death. He is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when he meets him"

Numbers 35:31, “Moreover, you shall accept no ransom for the life of a murderer, who is guilty of death, but he shall be put to death

Matthew 5:21-22, “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the punishment.’ Moreover, I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the punishment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. .”

Revelation 21:8, "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The only sin that can not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:31
Berean Study Bible
Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only sin that can not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:31
Berean Study Bible
Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

what I have shown is that murder is punishable by death, and not the it is the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what I have shown is that murder is punishable by death, and not the it is the unforgivable sin.

the only death that matters is the 2nd death

people that commit murder and have received forgiveness will not perish from the 2nd death.

Man's laws governs earthly punishment in regard to murder and those laws can vary depending on a countries laws regarding such.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the only death that matters is the 2nd death

people that commit murder and have received forgiveness will not perish from the 2nd death.

Man's laws governs earthly punishment in regard to murder and those laws can vary depending on a countries laws regarding such.

but, if any person commits murder, then surely if the country has the death penalty for it, as the Bible says it should be, they will still lose their earthly life, though they can still get forgiveness, if they truly repent and believe.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

Excellent post.
The blood shed from a murder victim opens the door for Satan to inhabit the local territory. That's why human sacrifice is pushed so hard as part of Satan worship. It is also why abortion is so important to Satan and his demonic horde, it grants power to them.

That's why God was insistent that the murderer paid with his own blood. But when the murderer could not be identified, the blood of the victim still had to be dealt with, otherwise there would be dire consequences.

Deuteronomy21v1“If anyone is found slain, lying in the field in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess, and it is not known who killed him, 2then your elders and your judges shall go out and measure the distance from the slain man to the surrounding cities. 3And it shall be that the elders of the city nearest to the slain man will take a heifer which has not been worked and which has not pulled with a yoke. 4The elders of that city shall bring the heifer down to a valley with flowing water, which is neither plowed nor sown, and they shall break the heifer’s neck there in the valley. 5Then the priests, the sons of Levi, shall come near, for the Lord your God has chosen them to minister to Him and to bless in the name of the Lord; by their word every controversy and every [a]assault shall be settled. 6And all the elders of that city nearest to the slain man shall wash their hands over the heifer whose neck was broken in the valley. 7Then they shall answer and say, ‘Our hands have not shed this blood, nor have our eyes seen it. 8Provide atonement, O Lord, for Your people Israel, whom You have redeemed, and do not lay innocent blood to the charge of Your people Israel.’ And atonement shall be provided on their behalf for the blood. 9So you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you when you do what is right in the sight of the Lord.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but, if any person commits murder, then surely if the country has the death penalty for it, as the Bible says it should be, they will still lose their earthly life, though they can still get forgiveness, if they truly repent and believe.

well ... use the U.S. as an example .... different types/degrees of murder with different punishments.

We are to obey man's law if not in conflict with God.

Seems to me to be this ....

Romans 13

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, whoever resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Either way man chooses, death or otherwise is biblically acceptable. Man may choose either (mercy or not). However, it is God who determines the very final outcome (ie 2nd death).

The final outcome is with God ... and I am so glad of that!

Last edited:
Upvote 0