Mulvaney admits money to Ukraine held for Trump's personal political gain: "Get over it!"

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,471.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many times does the administration have to tell you about its crimes before you conservatives bother to rescue our constitution?

Mulvaney appears to confirm Ukraine aid was tied to probe into 2016 election

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney acknowledged Thursday that U.S. military funds to Ukraine were previously withheld at least in part because of a desire to have the Eastern European nation investigate unfounded allegations that foreign countries may have aided Democrats in the 2016 election.

"Did he also mention to me in [the] past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely," Mulvaney said of a conversation he had with President Donald Trump. "No question about that. But that's it, and that's why we held up the money."

Mulvaney added: "The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation."

Pressed on whether he was describing a quid pro quo with Ukraine, Mulvaney responded that "we do that all the time with foreign policy," and cited the holding back of aid to Northern Triangle countries in an attempt to affect their immigration policies.

"I have news for everybody: Get over it. There's going to be political influence in foreign policy," he said. "That is going to happen. Elections have consequences, and foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration."

Last edited:

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
They really believe they are running a mob. "Winning the election" does not mean "getting a difficult and unrewarding job" to them, but "cashing in on the prize". "We won, now it's ours, to do with it whatever we want, get over it, losers!"

It's astonishing.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many times does the administration have to tell you about its crimes before you conservatives bother to rescue our constitution?

Mulvaney appears to confirm Ukraine aid was tied to probe into 2016 election

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney acknowledged Thursday that U.S. military funds to Ukraine were previously withheld at least in part because of a desire to have the Eastern European nation investigate unfounded allegations that foreign countries may have aided Democrats in the 2016 election.

"Did he also mention to me in [the] past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely," Mulvaney said of a conversation he had with President Donald Trump. "No question about that. But that's it, and that's why we held up the money."

Mulvaney added: "The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation."

Pressed on whether he was describing a quid pro quo with Ukraine, Mulvaney responded that "we do that all the time with foreign policy," and cited the holding back of aid to Northern Triangle countries in an attempt to affect their immigration policies.

"I have news for everybody: Get over it. There's going to be political influence in foreign policy," he said. "That is going to happen. Elections have consequences, and foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration."
As usual, the opposition to Trump already knew Trump was lying about no Quid pro Quo even before Mulvaney said anything.

It is predictable that Trump intends to use the investigation into the DNC as a political tool to stoke hatred in America against Democrats, the media, and all who oppose Trump. It's always been the just being crucified by the unjust because the unjust always seeks to silence the truth. But what's ironic is, Trump doesn't even need to bother killing the messenger, where his worshippers display such a devotion that they don't even care that he is wicked and evil. Get over it? Those who persevere in Love have been getting over it our whole lives.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mulvaney walked his admission back afterwards, but it's too late and the evidence from many witnesses is also going to show that there was in fact a quid pro quo just like Trump has already stated in so many words.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We would never do such a thing
We didn't do that
We didn't exactly do that

Yes, we did it. Get over it. <--- we have reached this stage

...the new normal. Make foreign aid contingent on digging up dirt on the opposing political party (and call it an "investigation").

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
...the new normal. Make foreign aid contingent on digging up dirt on the opposing political party (and call it an "investigation").

Question:
Now that we've established that it was indeed a quid pro quo -- would the Ukraine still have gotten paid if they had conducted an investigation and found no wrongdoing by the Bidens?

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Question:
Now that we've established that it was indeed a quid pro quo -- would the Ukraine still have gotten paid if they had conducted an investigation and found no wrongdoing by the Bidens?
As I understand it, according to the Volker texts, Ukraine just had to recite publicly the statement Giuliani had drafted for them to say. The statement was an announcement that they were opening investigations into the Democrat and media plot to frame Russia for the 2016 election interference, and into Biden.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Considering how many times this pattern right here has been repeated with Donald's administration makes you wonder why folks keep on setting themselves by rushing to repeat his tales? It's not just Donald who repeatedly insisted there was no quid pro quo, it's what so many Republicans lined up to repeat.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Did he also mention to me in [the] past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely," Mulvaney said of a conversation he had with President Donald Trump. "No question about that. But that's it, and that's why we held up the money."​

This part is interesting to me, especially given the other two contradictory explanations Donald gave for doing so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As I understand it, according to the Volker texts, Ukraine just had to recite publicly the statement Giuliani had drafted for them to say. The statement was an announcement that they were opening investigations into the Democrat and media plot to frame Russia for the 2016 election interference, and into Biden.

Sounds like it wasn't $400 million for an actual investigation, just $400 million for them to announce an investigation -- that sound about right?

And people call Donald a great businessman? He could've gotten the DOJ to run a real investigation for 1/10th that much... tops!

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like it wasn't $400 million for an actual investigation, just $400 million for them to announce an investigation -- that sound about right?
Yes that is what I believe to be the case. Trump wanted to regenerate the narrative that the Russian interference in 2016 was a hoax invented by the Democrats and the media while also implying that Putin is the innocent victim of America's deep state intelligence disinformation apparatus. It's all for the sake of his personal political appearance.

And people call Donald a great businessman? He could've gotten the DOJ to run a real investigation for 1/10th that much... tops!
Funny, but of course it's a silly political ploy. It's nonsense to open an investigation trying to prove Russia is good and America is evil because Hillary lost the election. There is no legitimate investigation that will ever prove that Russia wasn't behind the interference since they were, and I am convinced that Trump either knows this or he's nuts. The Trump tower meeting happened. Trump therefore must know that Russia was involved in some degree. We also don't hear Putin retaliating in any defense against the allegations to his character, nor has he brought forth any evidence that would put the charges against him in doubt. Instead he publicly says he is still doing it, only half jokingly.

Apparently William Barr and Durham traveling the globe to find out who outed Manafort, is not leaving a big enough impression to be convincing that Putin is innocent, and that the Democrats and the main stream media have fooled the majority of Americans.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love our tough mobster President, whatcha gonna do to the Don? Nuthin!
Everyone who is conformed to this world desires to be on top, where nothing can happen to them. It's an illusion that counts one's self as god.

Upvote 0