• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Multiple answers to prayer....

Discussion in 'Testimonies' started by Big_John, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Big_John

Big_John New Member

+41
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The morning of Saturday, November the 6th, I awoke to the feeling that I was coming down with a Cold. By 6pm, I had a 103.8 fever. The following Wednesday our test results came back and the wife and I were both positive for COVID. The next several days were weird, as we started to feel that we were quickly beating it, but then it came ranging back on me. One morning I was particularly bad, the wife ran me into the ER. They held me for 6 hours, gave me a steroid, home oxygen and sent me home. On same day I got a Pulse Oximeter. For the next two days I was able to hold an oxygen concentration right at 90. Then I woke up about 4am and even with my Concentrator pushing 4L of O2, I couldn't keep it above 80-82. Wife ran me back in to the ER and this time they admitted me to the COVID Floor. The medical staff really took care of me and I was able to be discharged on Thanksgiving Day at noon, 5 days in the hospital.

2 days at home and I was doing great, but woke up on Saturday morning, coughed hard a couple of times and felt a pop in my left lung. Went back to bed, but 5 minutes later, found I was short of breath. Woke the wife and she turned up the Concentrator to 6L....and my O2 tested at 76. Five minutes later I felt a fight or flight panic and the wife had to nearly tackle me to keep me in bed. Testing my O2, I was at 57. She jerked a portable O2 bottle close to me, turned it to 15L and I was able to climb up in the high 70's. She drug me to the car and raced me back to the ER, 30 minute drive. Twice before arriving at the ER, I had a deep sense of my impending death, both times where I nearly passed out. The ER staff went straight to work on me, at one time 12 Docs and Nurses were in my room. They pumped the chest cavity and re-inflated the lung. Within five minutes, I felt nearly normal..... except for the pain of the chest tubes running in the side of my ribs. It was four days and they discharged me to go home. I have now been home 6 days, recovering nicely and getting stronger every day.

Here are the praise reports.....

1. At the first hospitalization, the wife and I contacted all family and friends and asked them to pray. The hospital staff estimated that I if I lived, I would be in the hospital for 10-14 days. My healing and recovery were beyond their beliefs and I was discharged in 5 days. Blew away my nurses. Every day I told everyone that God is healing me quickly and I would be home for Thanksgiving..... and that's what happened.

2. The Pneumothorax (collapsed Lung), happed because of my weakened lungs from COVID. While driving to the hospital, wife re-launched the whole prayer team. I honestly could have died twice, but God intervened and not only did I live, I was out of the hospital 4 days later.

I've had a couple of people ask.... Why did you get it so bad and why didn't God heal you quicker. I don't know, but I do know that I could easily become a COVID casualty, yet I am alive and recovering very fast.

At the end of the day, God was with me through it all and I wish I hadn't had such difficulty, but He healed me and that is a simple fact with me. My family and friends that were all praying for me, was the foundation for God to make it happen. The power of prayer is incredible!!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,749
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Great testimony thanks...

Very encouraging.

Be fully well and strong soon. :)

3. Big_John

Big_John New Member

+41
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Holy Cow do I have a praise report!!!!!! This morning I sat at the dining table with my laptop, bible and journal to praise and worship, pray and do a bible study. I started with Elevation Worship and I noticed as I sang the lyrics to my favorite songs of theirs, I felt really different in my lungs. When I sit around on the couch or in bed, I range from 89-91 Oxygen, depending on shallow or deep breathing. While singing I slipped on my Ox-Monitor and it immediately read 95!!!!! My big 6'4", 236lb body began to quiver and tears started streaming down my face in emotion. Then the verse came to me, Job 33:4, “The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Through the rest of the songs, my O2 stuck between 93-95.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  4. SANTOSO

SANTOSO Well-Known Member

+1,014
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    Praise to our God, for He is a mighty Deliverer. Hallelujah. Amen

5. Big_John

Big_John New Member

+41
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Absolutely phenomenal Dr's Appt yesterday. Our Doc, is just awesome. He is very laid-back, thoughtful and a great listener.... and strong Christian man. When he walked in the exam room, he immediately said, "Wow you look great, considering all you have been through the past month." When he was running his stethoscope over my chest and back, he actually began laughing a little. He said... "Amazing... If I hadn't read your chart, I wouldn't even know you had a pneumothorax or COVID. Your lungs sound healthy." Mostly, he is concerned about monitoring and leveling my blood thinner, as I had a tiny clot in the upper lobe of my left lung. I go back on Friday for a pin-prick, blood test to see how thin it is. Anyway, he said the tiny clot is near zero concern.... they just want to keep my blood thin until I am completely recovered. Doc is a skier, very active.... so he understands me and he said he sees no reason at all why I won't be skiing at latest, by Feb. 1. Thank you Jesus for a great report.

6. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,749
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Excellent and encouraging - Jesus reigns.