Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Multi-Campus Church Debuts New 3D Experience To Make It Feel Like Pastor Is Actually There
December 15, 2017

c-696x394.png

BELLINGHAM, WA—Experiences Church finally debuted its long-awaited 3D experience at each of its 12 campuses Sunday morning, with state-of-the-art VR goggles making it feel like the pastor of the church is actually there each and every week, churchgoers confirmed.

Each of the church’s 1,000 seats was equipped with a VR headset, with footage of Pastor Ryan rendered in real-time by a powerful PC.

“The effect is really convincing—very lifelike,” one church member said afterward. “You really feel like the man who is called to shepherd your soul is really there in the room with you—like you could actually reach out and touch him.”

The VR experience also includes the chance to interact with a 4K virtual rendering of the head pastor after the service, with advanced motion controllers and vibration feedback being used to make it feel like you are actually shaking his hand and getting a sidehug from the celebrity preacher, sources confirmed.

Multi-Campus Church Debuts New 3D Experience To Make It Feel Like Pastor Is Actually There

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: redleghunter

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
December 15, 2017

c-696x394.png

BELLINGHAM, WA—Experiences Church finally debuted its long-awaited 3D experience at each of its 12 campuses Sunday morning, with state-of-the-art VR goggles making it feel like the pastor of the church is actually there each and every week, churchgoers confirmed.

Each of the church’s 1,000 seats was equipped with a VR headset, with footage of Pastor Ryan rendered in real-time by a powerful PC.

“The effect is really convincing—very lifelike,” one church member said afterward. “You really feel like the man who is called to shepherd your soul is really there in the room with you—like you could actually reach out and touch him.”

The VR experience also includes the chance to interact with a 4K virtual rendering of the head pastor after the service, with advanced motion controllers and vibration feedback being used to make it feel like you are actually shaking his hand and getting a sidehug from the celebrity preacher, sources confirmed.
Is Pastor Ryan AI or real? I guess I prefer a less digitized experience.

Wait! Was this reported in the Babylon Bee?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
December 15, 2017

c-696x394.png

The word for today;

DISCERNMENT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't quite know how to respond. Is this real? Does anyone think such a thing is a good idea?
Unfortunately it is real.

No, it is not a good idea.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately it is real.

No, it is not a good idea.

It's the Babylon Bee. It is neither real nor a good idea. Heck, these multisite churches who put the preacher on a video screen are bad enough.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's the Babylon Bee. It is neither real nor a good idea. Heck, these multisite churches who put the preacher on a video screen are bad enough.
But the Babylon Bee is a good idea!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've been at some like that, or where they sometimes would record the preacher and just play the video for other times and locations.

Seemed odd to me that people would get ready and go to church to stare at a screen with a pre-recorded sermon. Might as well stay home and watch it, if that's all they come for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been at some like that, or where they sometimes would record the preacher and just play the video for other times and locations.

Seemed odd to me that people would get ready and go to church to stare at a screen with a pre-recorded sermon. Might as well stay home and watch it, if that's all they come for.

I have attended such services in the past. The main reason is that communion was served, and you can only do THAT live, not Memorex. Sometimes that's the only way I can take the sacrament in my present situation.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have attended such services in the past. The main reason is that communion was served, and you can only do THAT live, not Memorex. Sometimes that's the only way I can take the sacrament in my present situation.

Yes, Holy Commnion is a whole other thing.

That's why I said "seemed to me" instead of "seems to me" and qualified "if that's all they came for".

Communion was treated quite variously by some different denominations I attended in the past. Regretfully, I saw too great a deterioration among them ... but that's a topic for a different thread.

You are quite right though - that must be done live. :)

Upvote 0