Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can use Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, Pillsbury, or any other brand of cake mix.

Mug Cake Recipes with Cake Mix
  • Butter cake mix + one tablespoon of pecans
  • Chocolate cake mix + one tablespoon of coconut
  • Chocolate cake mix + one tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Carrot cake mix + one teaspoon of raisins and one teaspoon pineapples
  • Chocolate cake mix + two teaspoons of cherry pie filling
  • Chocolate cake mix + one tablespoon of raspberries
  • Funfetti cake mix + one tablespoon of additional sprinkles
  • Lemon cake mix + one tablespoon of blueberries
  • Lemon cake mix + one tablespoon of raspberries
  • Lemon cake mix + one tablespoon of blackberries
  • Lemon cake mix + one tablespoon of blueberries
  • Lemon cake mix + one tablespoon of poppy seeds
  • Red velvet cake mix + one tablespoon of chocolate chips
  • Spice cake mix + one tablespoon of chocolate chips
  • Spice cake mix + two teaspoons of diced apples
  • Strawberry Cake Mix + one tablespoon chocolate chips
  • Strawberry cake mix + two teaspoons diced strawberries
  • White cake mix + one tablespoon coconut
  • White cake mix + one tablespoon funfetti sprinkles
  • White cake mix + 2-3 Oreo cookies
  • Yellow cake mix + two teaspoons peaches
  • Yellow cake mix + two teaspoons of cherry pie filling
  • Yellow or white cake mix + one tablespoon of chocolate chips
  • Yellow or white cake mix + one tablespoon of pecans
  • Yellow or white cake mix + one tablespoon of cranberries
  • Yellow or butter cake mix + two teaspoons of diced apples
  • Yellow or white cake mix + one tablespoon of applesauce
In a 16oz. mug:

Add 8 tablespoons of cake mix and 4 tablespoons of water.

Stir well, making sure you get all the cake batter at the bottom of the cup and get all the lumps out.

Combine any add-ins and stir again.

Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave and the size of your cup.

Top with cool whip, ice cream, or cream cheese frosting.

Serve warm!

Wow, I am impressed.
I made it with my 16oz mug and apple juice instead of water with duncan heinze chocolate cake mix. I did forget the pam for the cup but these big mugs are a form of plastic so it didn't stick. I cooked it for 2 and a half minutes, I have an older microwave. It came out wonderful but there was probably only 3quarter of a normal size cup I guess I better multiply by three next time.. It has been so long and it was SO delicious.
It wasn't even hard to mix the dry ingredient. WONDERFUL! Maybe because I haven't had any cake in years.:) I am going to have to watch it as it could become a real habit.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟378,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that's a first. I hadn't heard of that at all.
Same measurements and time, etc? Does it brown?

I will typically make a one serving portion (1 cup mix and 1 cup water) in an oversized mug, but I don't measure most of the time. I'll add in extras like blueberries, powdered peanut butter or cocoa. It can take upwards to 3 minutes. You just watch the center of the cake and the edges. When the cake pulls away from the edges, it's most likely done.

Here are a few extra recipes I got from a YouTube video. They're not mine.

1 Minute Fluffy Pancake recipe ( Mug Pancake):

13 g (1 tbsp) Butter
10 g (3/4 tbsp) Sugar
30 g (2 tbsp) Milk
25 g (3 tbsp) All purpose flour
¼ tsp Baking powder
Maple Syrup

If you’re using grams, please be precise and use the exact amounts in the recipe.
Every microwave is different. Mug cakes can take anywhere between 1 minute - 1 minute and 15 seconds. Be careful to not over cook your cake.

Mug Cake!

Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe:

13 g Butter ( 1 tbsp )
12 g Cocoa Powder ( 2 tbsp)
30 g Sugar ( 2 tbsp)
25 g room temp Milk ( 2 tbsp)
20 g Flour ( 2 tbsp)
1/4 tsp Baking Powder ( Use Baking POWDER not soda)
Nutella ( Optional ) or Chocolate Chips ( Optional)

If you’re using grams, please be precise and use the exact amounts in the recipe.
Every microwave is different. Mug cakes can take anywhere between 1 minute - 1 minute and 15 seconds. Be careful to not over cook your cake.

Cookie Mug Cake:

13 g Butter ( 1 tbsp )
15 g Sugar ( 1 tbsp )
1/4 tsp Vanilla
30 g All Purpose Flour ( 3 tbsp)
Chocolate Chips ( Add to your liking )

Vanilla Mug Cake:

13 g Butter ( 1 tbsp )
15 g Sugar ( 1 tbsp )
1/4 tsp Vanilla
30 g All Purpose Flour ( 3 tbsp)
Sprinkles ( Optional )

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟378,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Amazing! Did those come off the top of your head? I am impressed The only problem I can see is there is no browning. I wonder if you sprayed the top with pam it would brown.
Thanks a bunch:)

Yes. I saw the mug recipes (above) and decided I'd try pancake mix. Worked like a charm. I do cook.

As for browning... Possibly. Or, you could save a piece from a store package that does browning, like a hot pocket sleeve opened up or something similar, and place it on top to brown the top.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟564,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I worked at a private school for some time. During staff appreciation week everyone was given a little mug with a cake mix inside of it. It was a nice mug (the nicest thing that school ever gave me) about the size of a proper tea cup: ~6 oz. I don't eat many sweets and especially not cake so I let my wife use it. The mix produced a nice little cake that she enjoyed. I now use the mug as my grease cup.

My organist was eating keto for a while and dug up a recipe for cake in a mug that used coconut flour and some form of natural cocoa that was low in sugar. My children and I were at her home one evening and she demoed the technique for us. I was skeptical but it turned out surprisingly good.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I worked at a private school for some time. During staff appreciation week everyone was given a little mug with a cake mix inside of it. It was a nice mug (the nicest thing that school ever gave me) about the size of a proper tea cup: ~6 oz. I don't eat many sweets and especially not cake so I let my wife use it. The mix produced a nice little cake that she enjoyed. I now use the mug as my grease cup.

My organist was eating keto for a while and dug up a recipe for cake in a mug that used coconut flour and some form of natural cocoa that was low in sugar. My children and I were at her home one evening and she demoed the technique for us. I was skeptical but it turned out surprisingly good.
So, are you going to tell us as much as you can about it? Maybe we can use it, it sounds good:)
Happy day!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I did discover cake mix has much too much sugar for me. I am thinking those small boxes of corn mix, etc, for a project. Next time I am at the store. I haven't seen them for years, I wonder if they even sell them now. Seems the box was light blue with white and maybe a little yellow.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟564,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
So, are you going to tell us as much as you can about it? Maybe we can use it, it sounds good:)
Happy day!
I'll ask the lady to tell me again how to put it together.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'll ask the lady to tell me again how to put it together.
If its a lot of trouble, its okay not to ask her as there are plenty here. It sounds interesting though:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟564,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
If its a lot of trouble, its okay not to ask her as there are plenty here. It sounds interesting though:)
No problem. I see her every Sunday and usually talk to her at least once during the week.

Upvote 0