✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rosenstein letter appointing Mueller special counsel

Many witches have been found. Many Russians have been indicted. Manafort has been convicted by two courts. Many others associated with the campaign have been found to have "links" to Russian government personnel.

We have a long way from the dozens of statements by the administrations that no one had spoken to any Russian, and that no one had any links to any Russians: no one in the campaign, no one in the transition, and no one in the administration

I doubt very much that Trump will be impeached and convicted. But that isn't the issue, or even the primary focus of the investigation.
=====================
The first mandate of Mueller was to investigate

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated the the campaign of President Donald J Trump,

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated the the campaign of President Donald J Trump,

Yep.

Plus, the argument that getting the crooks surrounding Donny for other things is somehow an outrage is like complaining that you were arrested for possession of cocaine at a traffic stop. Just because your mandate is one thing doesn't mean that you get a free pass on all your other crimes. That's never been how the law works.
Ringo

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(ii) refers to prosecuting crimes that come directly out of the investigation.

What you refer to is covered in

(c) If the Special Counsel believes that it is necessary or appropriate, The Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters
=======
Of course, these investigations can be moved to other jurisdictions. In addition, Mueller is clearly allowed to inform state jurisdictions of possible state crimes.

Yep.

Plus, the argument that getting the crooks surrounding Donny for other things is somehow an outrage is like complaining that you were arrested for possession of cocaine at a traffic stop. Just because your mandate is one thing doesn't mean that you get a free pass on all your other crimes. That's never been how the law works.
Ringo

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I really don't know if Trunp had any direct contact of knowledge, but people on his team did. More and more I wonder what's next, Flynn isn't going to be sentenced for a while and why did he get such a sweet deal?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Flynn was an agent of the Ukraine. He lied about it. When caught, he agreed to cooperate. He was one of the first to cooperate. In the scheme of things, this justifies a sweet deal. In a few months, Flynn can go back to working for foreign governments or even be a consultant for lobbyists with domestic clients.

Trump must answer for why a known agent was allowed to stay at his post, and continue to receive highly classified information. Trump was warned in very strong terms by Christie (who initially headed the transition) and by the Attorney General's office.

I really don't know if Trunp had any direct contact of knowledge, but people on his team did. More and more I wonder what's next, Flynn isn't going to be sentenced for a while and why did he get such a sweet deal?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rosenstein letter appointing Mueller special counsel

Many witches have been found. Many Russians have been indicted. Manafort has been convicted by two courts. Many others associated with the campaign have been found to have "links" to Russian government personnel.

We have a long way from the dozens of statements by the administrations that no one had spoken to any Russian, and that no one had any links to any Russians: no one in the campaign, no one in the transition, and no one in the administration

I doubt very much that Trump will be impeached and convicted. But that isn't the issue, or even the primary focus of the investigation.
=====================

Who was indicted or convicted for coordinating anything with the Russian government?

This kind of "investigation" was wrong when all of Bill Clinton's friends were sent to prison and it's wrong now.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime".

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Al Capone wasn't prosecuted for racketeering, so no one who worked for Trump should be prosecuted.
=================
You certainly free to choose to believe that Manafort is innocent of the charges for which is charged.

Who was indicted or convicted for coordinating anything with the Russian government?

This kind of "investigation" was wrong when all of Bill Clinton's friends were sent to prison and it's wrong now.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime".

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Al Capone wasn't prosecuted for racketeering, so no one who worked for Trump should be prosecuted.
=================
You certainly free to choose to believe that Manafort is innocent of the charges for which is charged.

Wait until government comes knocking on your door with a subpoena wanting to find out if you've done anything wrong.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Wait until government comes knocking on your door with a subpoena wanting to find out if you've done anything wrong.
A subpoena is just a requirement to testify. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With respect, this too is not relevant to the issue.

We have a Special Counsel appointed by the trump administration. The head of the investigation was appointed by Trump. The head of the FBI was appointed by Trump. And the Attorneys general were bot appointed by Trump.

Trump's appointee wrote the document which laid out the scope of the Special Counsel.
=====
You don't agree with the scope. Why don't you simply state that fact. It is certainly reasonable to oppose having any Special Counsel.
=====
And just BTW, is the FBI that you fear will knock at your door. It could happen. Of course, that is most likely to happen if your ancestry is from South America.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

https://thei535project.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/20180920_161542.jpg?w=700

Prosecutors don't just come knocking at your door to look for crimes that may not be there; that'd be prosecutorial abuse, which is itself prosecutable. They only come knocking when they have evidence that an actual crime was committed.

Considering how many indictments and successful prosecutions there have been of ̶s̶e̶n̶i̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶p̶a̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶s̶ coffee boys already, we know that there is not only smoke but fire to be investigated in Donny's orbit.

You either don't know what you're talking about (a distinct possibility) or you're just trying to muddy the waters.
Ringo

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I’m fine with that , because I’m not a crook. I’d be very surprised however. Because I’m not a crook...

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The Trump campaign was a real circus, and it is no surprise that a few of the animals are now caged. Indicting Russians who will never see the inside of a courthouse is a circus act too. That the data was released timed perfectly with the Trump Putin summit shows the politication of the Meuller probe.
The one meaningful discovery that came out of the investigation thus far is just how partisan the FBI had become under the Chicago machine politics of the Obama administration. It is the job of the FBI to investigate crimes, and not to create insurance policies against any candidate being elected.
If there was some kind of nefarious collusion going on between Trump and Putin, what would be necessary to show is some kind of quid pro quo that rises beyond the level of a president telling the Russians that there will be better relations once the election is over and the nuisance of answering to the electorate is out of the way. Precedent has already established that that kind of collusion was deemed acceptable by the FBI and the people too long before Trump’s campaign.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The Trump campaign was a real circus, and it is no surprise that a few of the animals are now caged. Indicting Russians who will never see the inside of a courthouse is a circus act too. That the data was released timed perfectly with the Trump Putin summit shows the politication of the Meuller probe.
The one meaningful discovery that came out of the investigation thus far is just how partisan the FBI had become under the Chicago machine politics of the Obama administration. It is the job of the FBI to investigate crimes, and not to create insurance policies against any candidate being elected.
If there was some kind of nefarious collusion going on between Trump and Putin, what would be necessary to show is some kind of quid pro quo that rises beyond the level of a president telling the Russians that there will be better relations once the election is over and the nuisance of answering to the electorate is out of the way. Precedent has already established that that kind of collusion was deemed acceptable by the FBI and the people too long before Trump’s campaign.
If that was the kind of "collusion" the President was suspected of, the Mueller probe would never have been started.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many witches have been found.

Then President Trump was correct, the Mueller investigation is a witch hunt.

Many Russians have been indicted.

Many Russians whom Mueller never thought would respond and knew would never be extradited. Except for the one who did respond.

Mueller was left with egg on his face when Concord Management and Consulting, LLC, one of the Russian firms indicted for "producing propaganda, pretending to be U.S. activists online and posting political content on social media in order to sow discord among American voters." In other words, the exact same activities conducted by Democrat operatives each and every day in the United States. However in response to the fact Concord Management actually appeared in court to challenge the charge against them, Mueller's team had to scramble and manufacture the ridiculous premise that providing Concord's lawyers with copies of the evidence Mueller supposedly had against them, a requirement of US law, would serve to "assist the Kremlin’s active “interference operations” against the United States."

Translation: Mueller indicted a bunch of Russians as part of a ploy designed to one, justify his existence and two, provide fuel for the fires of hatred against President Trump. The last thing he ever expected was for any of those Russians to fight back. But when one did, the actual nature of his investigation was exposed for all the world to see.

Manafort has been convicted by two courts.

Manafort was convicted of five counts of tax fraud, one count of failure to file a report of foreign bank and financial accounts and two counts of bank fraud, none of which has anything to do with alleged/supposed/hoped-for/wishfully-thought-of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

After more than two and a half years of investigation, the Mueller team has amassed exactly zero in the amount of evidence of Russian collusion.

Some years ago I visited Stalingrad. The Manafort convictions amount to no more than the Mueller team indicting me because I once made an illegal left-turn in downtown Savannah after my return from that trip because RUSSIA!!!

Many others associated with the campaign have been found to have "links" to Russian government personnel.

Talking to Russians isn't a crime. Having links to Russians, either in business or the government, isn't a crime. Once having visited Moscow, or any other city in Russia, isn't a crime.

We have a long way from the dozens of statements by the administrations that no one had spoken to any Russian...

No you don't. The administration has denied any collusion with the Russian government to influence the election in any manner, and they can deny that because there never was any collusion between anyone in the Trump campaign and the Russians to influence the election in any manner.

If any evidence to the contrary had ever been found, it would have leaked to the media long before now.

...and that no one had any links to any Russians: no one in the campaign, no one in the transition, and no one in the administration

Again, talking to Russians isn't a crime. Sharing or offering to share public polling data, as in polling data freely available to anyone and everyone with access to a computer, with a Russian isn't a crime.

Hanging your get-Trump hat on Manafort is a combination of desperation and hubris.

I doubt very much that Trump will be impeached and convicted.

Because he has done nothing to be impeached for or convicted of.

But that isn't the issue, or even the primary focus of the investigation. The first mandate of Mueller was to investigate.

You got one right. In true Bolshevik fashion Mueller was told to investigate, with no limits on either time or money, into anything and everything it may take until he found something, anything, which could be used against the duly elected President of the United States in devotion to the rabid desire to overturn the lawful results of the 2016 election.

That is the ideal being promoted by the American left at large.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If that was the kind of "collusion" the President was suspected of, the Mueller probe would never have been started.

The scope of the investigation was written by Trump appointees. Mueller is the Republican Special Counsel, a Trump appointed Asst AG is overseer of the investigation, two Trump appointed AG's have ben in charge (and an additional Acting AG appointed by Trump, and all are being investigated by an FBI run by a Trump appointee.

Let us be very wary of Democratic witch hunts of links between the campaign and Russians!

Upvote 0