Much has changed!

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not recall the (Christian only) forums and this place used to be up near the top lol.
I guess they don't want non believer, other faith teach Christian new things.

Upvote 0

Starcomet

Unitarian Sacramental Christian
May 9, 2011
Baltimore City
✟42,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess they don't want non believer, other faith teach Christian new things.

Yeah but we non-trintiarian Christians used to be able to discuss in those forums as I have posts on those forums from way back when I used to be more active. It is a shame I can no longer discuss theology with other Christians.

Upvote 0

KaieraAi

Sep 6, 2017
Painted Post
✟9,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yeah but we non-trintiarian Christians used to be able to discuss in those forums as I have posts on those forums from way back when I used to be more active. It is a shame I can no longer discuss theology with other Christians.

I don't think that's it. They have both christian only, and forums for everyone. I think it's simply so that questions pertaining to the faith can also be answered by people of the same faith. But also, there are things that can be discussed with everyone. It's not to segregate or discourage anyone, it's just to field answers to some questions to the people best equipped to answer them.

Upvote 0

Starcomet

May 9, 2011
Baltimore City
✟42,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but the rules do not allow individuals like us to try and answer questions pertaining to the faith as we are not considered Christian. I feel sidelined and being limited to just here and the World and Christianity forum is boring.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but the rules do not allow individuals like us to try and answer questions pertaining to the faith as we are not considered Christian. I feel sidelined and being limited to just here and the World and Christianity forum is boring.

I have seen conservative Protestant vs. Orthodox clashes lead to people leaving the forum, so the theology sections can be a bit... unwelcoming when people have very different views. I don't think you'd get chased out as long as you don't start openly promoting Unitarianism, but you may not actually be missing anything.

Upvote 0

Starcomet

May 9, 2011
Baltimore City
✟42,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
I have seen conservative Protestant vs. Orthodox clashes lead to people leaving the forum, so the theology sections can be a bit... unwelcoming when people have very different views. I don't think you'd get chased out as long as you don't start openly promoting Unitarianism, but you may not actually be missing anything.

Oh I know religious debates can get very heated and have been in them myself over on beliefnet and on here. I would not promote my religious belief at all, but discussing theology is a part of any religion.

Upvote 0