MSNBC's Chris Matthews Faces Calls To Resign After Comparing Sanders' Nevada Victory To Nazi Germany

Why is Chris Matthews so scared of a Bernie nomination?

• Bernie will shutdown corporate media ownership and establish state run media

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Matthews and Sanders have a history

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please explain

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MSNBC's Chris Matthews Faces Calls To Resign After Comparing Sanders' Nevada Victory To Nazi Germany's Defeat Of France

MSNBC's Chris Matthews is facing calls to resign after he compared Bernie Sanders' victory in the Nevada caucus to the Nazi invasion of France. Sanders won the Nevada Democratic caucuses with 47 percent of the vote, the Associated Press reported.

As the results came in and Sanders took an early lead on Saturday night, Hardball host Matthews claimed Republicans would release opposition research on Sanders that would "kill him" if he became the Democratic nominee for president. But Matthews said it was "too late" to stop him, at one point comparing Sanders' victory over other top Democratic contenders to Hitler's invasion of France.

"I was reading last night about the fall of France in the summer of 1940 and the general, Reynaud, calls up Churchill and says, 'It's over.' And Churchill says, 'How can that be? You've got the greatest army in Europe. How can it be over?' He said, 'It's over.'"

More at the link: MSNBC's Chris Matthews faces calls to resign after comparing Sanders' Nevada victory to Nazi Germany's defeat of France

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to the left if you don't fall in step and follow the "Chosen One" they will eat you alive.
But in this case both Bernie and Matthews are left of Lenin in politics. There's really little difference between all of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. I guess Bernie just wants to promise more free stuff than the others and that somehow offends or scares Chris Matthews?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthews is scared Trump will win. What the invasion of France has to do with the Nevada causcuses escapes me though. Perhaps Bernie should grow one of those little mustaches just to freak Matthews out.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I take it that Matthews wants a Democratic Party win in November and he thinks Bernie carries too much baggage to be able to carry the party to victory. But on this particular controversy (about the fall of France in 1940), it looks to me like a lot of outrage over nothing really.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it looks to me like a lot of outrage over nothing really.

It's like the outrage over the current Bloomberg ad that is playing after the debate. Bloomberg and crickets. It was clearly tongue and cheek, but the media is having a fit calling it fake and manipulated, misinformation, etc!

Personally, after his awful debate performance? I thought touche'! lol now he is getting 4 pinocchios, they are saying it is deceptive, etc. I thought it was a creative attempt to save his campaign. (shrugs)

Anyway, another great example of outrage over nothing. Anyone with brains knew what it was, and we certainly didn't need anyone (media) pointing it out for us - especially with the added melodramatics.

• Useful
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟20,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I take it that Matthews wants a Democratic Party win in November and he thinks Bernie carries too much baggage to be able to carry the party to victory. But on this particular controversy (about the fall of France in 1940), it looks to me like a lot of outrage over nothing really.
And he somehow thinks there is some other viable candidate that could possibly beat Trump. Biden is in the early stages of dementia, Warren is a lying liar who lies, Bloomberg is a Trump wannabe, Pete is unelectable, and nobody knows who the rest of the field is. Honestly, whoever they give the nomination to will ultimately lose in November.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Could be. But we need to remember that Chris Matthews, for all his snarling and pontificating, has been a stock kind of party regular. Like others of that sort who currently are on TV as guest commentators or newsmen, he's afraid of the Party self-destructing this year and blowing what they think is a good opportunity to regain the White House -- so long as the nominee doesn't come across as a wild man. James Carville, for example, came out of hiding this week to make a similar plea.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But in this case both Bernie and Matthews are left of Lenin in politics. There's really little difference between all of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. I guess Bernie just wants to promise more free stuff than the others and that somehow offends or scares Chris Matthews?
MSNBC has been more left than CNN but has never been liberal politically. You'd have to go to TYT for that. It has been center left and it's mind blowing how someone would say they are left of Lenin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthews is a moderate Democrat and knows that Bernie can't do anything about the news. He is more afraid that he will alienate the moderates and make it possible for Trump to win in the Electoral College again.
Matthews was a moderate Democrat.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CNN has never been liberal politically. It has center left and it's mind blowing how someone would say they are left of Lenin.
Actually it’s mind blowing to think there is anything center about CNN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.