Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is shooting at people, killing two of them, loving your neighbor? I'm baffled how anyone who calls themselves a Christian can be in favor of Rittenhouse' lethal activity. We're told to turn the other cheek, not take the law into our own hands by killing others.

Or, to summarize, "thou shalt not kill". Clearly, Rittenhouse violated God's command.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Is shooting at people, killing two of them, loving your neighbor? I'm baffled how anyone who calls themselves a Christian can be in favor of Rittenhouse' lethal activity. We're told to turn the other cheek, not take the law into our own hands by killing others.

Or, to summarize, "thou shalt not kill". Clearly, Rittenhouse violated God's command.

I'm not sure if this is even a serious response, so I'll just let this one go. :)

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure if this is even a serious response, so I'll just let this one go. :)

It is serious. Feel free to disregard it if it conflicts with what you believe, but that doesn't mean a lot.

What is it about God's command not to kill that you don't understand? (If you care to answer. If not, see ya...)

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It is serious. Feel free to disregard it if it conflicts with what you believe, but that doesn't mean a lot.

What is it about God's command not to kill that you don't understand? (If you care to answer. If not, see ya...)

Well Rittenhouse isn't being judged in a religious court but a secular court in the U.S. and secular law allows for killing in self-defense when one's life is severely threatened. Also, God's commandment is more accurately translated as, "Thou shalt not murder." and even ancient Mosaic law allowed for killing within the law, while murder was outside of the law.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We're told to turn the other cheek, not take the law into our own hands by killing others.
If a mentally ill pedophile is ever trying to kill me, will I have the spiritual strength to let him kill me? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm not inclined to judge someone in that position for defending himself. Especially someone who hadn't even reached the age of adulthood yet.

• Winner
Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a mentally ill pedophile is ever trying to kill me, will I have the spiritual strength to let him kill me? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm not inclined to judge someone in that position for defending himself. Especially someone who hadn't even reached the age of adulthood yet.
Christians have a right to defend themselves. Turning the other cheek is one of the most misinterpreted scriptures imo. We are not called to be doormats.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Someone who just went there to shoot people would have been the aggressor, but that's not what the evidence shows.

He went there looking for trouble. If he hadn't gone then we wouldn't be in this situation, so of course he should carry the responsibility of that.

It's the same with George Zimmerman, if he had just followed police instruction and not forced the issue then unnecessary death could have been avoided.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He went there looking for trouble.

That's actually completely false according to the facts of the case. Rittenhouse went around giving first aid and actually tried to deescalated a situation prior to this where the rioters were trying to start a fight. He was attacked out of revenge (an ambush) later because people were mad that he put out a literal dumpster fire, at a time mind you when various buildings and cars are on burning, set ablaze by activists...

Blogger who filmed Kenosha protests claims Rittenhouse tried to "de-escalate" situation

By the way if Rittenhouse doing things like putting out fires and giving first aid is 'looking for trouble' because he was armed, then what is rioting, committing arson, and ambushing someone? Rittenhouse was not the only armed person there. A number of the rioters brought guns including AR 15s and did so first (the first night of rioting onward), they just did not need them for self defense because conservatives do not go around assaulting people the way progressive social activists do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
He went there looking for trouble. If he hadn't gone then we wouldn't be in this situation, so of course he should carry the responsibility of that.

It's the same with George Zimmerman, if he had just followed police instruction and not forced the issue then unnecessary death could have been avoided.

So what evidence can you produce that Rittenhouse went there specifically looking for trouble, or are you only repeating the viewpoint of certain media sites who have proclaimed themselves to be mind-readers in knowing his intent? Has anyone actually asked Rittenhouse what his intentions were or are we just going with "guilty before proven innocent" mob justice?

One could just as easily say that if rioters weren't there burning down buildings and destroying property, there would also be no situation, and in fact, would be a whole lot fewer situations in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
By the way if Rittenhouse doing things like putting out fires and giving first aid is 'looking for trouble' because he was armed, then what is rioting, committing arson, and ambushing someone? Rittenhouse was not the only armed person there. A number of the rioters brought guns including AR 15s and did so first (the first night of rioting onward), they just did not need them for self defense because conservatives do not go around assaulting people the way progressive social activists do.

How many progressives shot people that night?

Yep. In fact, there was only one killer lose in that area that night. And police got him.

Clearly, the judge (who wouldn't even let the prosecution or police call the people he killed "victims") wants to find a way to absolve him of those crimes. It looks as though it's not working.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's actually completely false according to the facts of the case. Rittenhouse went around giving first aid and actually tried to deescalated a situation prior to this where the rioters were trying to start a fight. He was attacked out of revenge (an ambush) later because people were mad that he put out a literal dumpster fire, at a time mind you when various buildings and cars are on burning, set ablaze by activists...

Blogger who filmed Kenosha protests claims Rittenhouse tried to "de-escalate" situation

Conservatives do not go around assaulting people? Have you been watching the news for the past few years? From Nazis parading in the streets to Sandy Hook to January 6, conservatives definitely go around assaulting people all the time.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wanted to put this on Current Event's but so far nobody is writing News Articles about it. I don't know the details myself other than the Judge is concerned about the outside influence on the jurors, especially protestors outside, and other people who are looking to intimidate the jurors into a guilty verdict. On that subject, there is a George Floyd sibling that has been filming the jurors at the Courthouse, so they can be identified and harassed if the verdict does not go there way.

Ah it looks like the banning is because of specific malfeasance on MSNBC's part... following a jury bus and running a red light shame on them!
Rittenhouse trial judge bans MSNBC from courthouse

Kenosha police said in a tweet that “a person who is alleging to be affiliated with a national media outlet was briefly taken into custody and issued several traffic related citations.”

“Police suspect this person was trying to photograph jurors,” they said, adding: “There was no breach of security regarding the jury, nor were there any photographs obtained. This investigation remains active and open.”

In a statement, MSNBC confirmed that a freelancer for the cable news network received a traffic citation, but denied that he was trying to photograph jurors.

“While the traffic violation took place near the jury van, the freelancer never contacted or intended to contact the jurors during deliberations, and never photographed or intended to photograph them,” MSNBC said. “We regret the incident and will fully cooperate with the authorities on any investigation.”

So it was a freelancer, who denies it was to photograph the jurors or interact with them.

The judge over reacted imho, and he seems like an odd judge.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jury: NOT GUILTY on ALL counts.

But God has said "thou shalt not kill", and He is the final judge. Rittenhouse killed people and he will answer to God, if not to fallible people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Verdict came in, ALL Charges not guilty! Thank God the basic right of self defense is safe for a while longer. But I'm sure terrorism by mob violence is not over.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Verdict came in, ALL Charges not guilty! Thank God the basic right of self defense is safe for a while longer. But I'm sure terrorism by mob violence is not over.
Yes. Praying about that.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rittenhouse is still the naive young man who got in a situation he could not control that led to the interaction where 2 died and one injured. He will have to live with the fact that he killed 2 men. If he is proud of their deaths, shame on him.

And the person who encouraged him and then did not look out for him hold responsibility.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Rittenhouse is still the naive young man who got in a situation he could not control that led to the interaction where 2 died and one injured. He will have to live with the fact that he killed 2 men. If he is proud of their deaths, shame on him.

And the person who encouraged him and then did not look out for him hold responsibility.

Where in the world did you get the idea that he was proud of it? The kid publicly broke down in tears when describing how he had to shoot one of them, but of course mainstream media made a mockery of it because it didn't go along with the narrative they had built in spite of all the growing evidence against that narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0