• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Mr Trump Impeached. Again

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Larnievc, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+3,585
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes Pelosi has now invented the Mc Donald's of impeachment, I expect her to open a drive thru window any time. This foolish action will come back to create problems in the future that have not even been considered. We are now at the point of any party being able to void the vote of the people by using an instant impeachment.

3. A2SG

A2SG Gumby

+808
    Other Religion
    Married
    How is impeaching Trump voiding the vote of the people? The people voted him out anyway.

-- A2SG, besides, impeachment alone doesn't void anything...you need two-thirds of the Senate to convict too.....

4. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    looking beyond today and not being equally short sighted with Pelosi we should be able to see that this sets a dangerous problem for the future of all who serve in an elected position.

5. A2SG

A2SG Gumby

+808
    Other Religion
    Married
    Why? It's not like impeachment is a new thing. We've even used it before.

Everything Speaker Pelosi has done has been legal and well within the limits of the Constitution.

-- A2SG, and, oddly enough, she didn't even have to lie about anything......

6. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If it is not obvious now it never will be.

7. A2SG

A2SG Gumby

+808
    Other Religion
    Married
    It's obvious that Trump lost, sure.

If you're trying to imply that he didn't lose, well, we all know that song and dance, don't we?

-- A2SG, at least put it to a disco beat this time, make it a little interesting....

8. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Trying to change the subject?

9. A2SG

A2SG Gumby

+808
    Other Religion
    Married
    Nope. You claimed that impeaching trump somehow voided the vote of the people, and I pointed out that the vote of the people was that Trump not be reelected anyway.

Then you made some vague comment implying that Trump didn't lose the election that he did lose, and here we are. :wave:

-- A2SG, it's just the same old song.....

10. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Well that is not what I said but I am not surprised by that.

11. A2SG

A2SG Gumby

+808
    Other Religion
    Married
    I'm sorry, I must have missed the thing that if it is not obvious now it never will be.

What is that?

-- A2SG, or did I miss my shot, and it never will be now.....

12. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    well that is easy to fix, just follow the little arrows.

13. Larnievc

+3,585
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    I think to point being made is that taking a political action that has always been an option and has happened several times before is unlikely to cause a downstream unintended consequence.

Although if you have an idea for what that consequence may be I would be interested to hear about it.

14. disciple Clint

+2,444
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Do you know of any other impeachment that was decided in only one day, the experts do not seem to think this has ever been done before, they also do not think that an impeachment has ever been started when the subject had only a week left in office. And they also seem to think that this is a very imprudent thing to do and sets a dangerous precedent. That gives me cause for serious concern and I think others should also be concerned.

15. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,514
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    This was the only impeachment in which the congressmen were witnesses to the crime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Larnievc

+3,585
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    A bad precedent would be set if a politician was not held to account for inciting an Insurectionism, Bon’s you think.

17. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,462
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's impossible to reason with the left. No matter what you say to them you will just end up being falsely accused of saying something different or else you will be told that you are either misinformed or just plain wrong. All the left cares about is crucifying and maligning Trump and Trump supporters, which makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion with them. It's like trying to reason with a hostile lawyer who is out to indict you at all costs. Whatever it takes! The election may be over, but the war between the left and the right is not over. Not even close. America is in big trouble!

18. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+3,024
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    The GOP impeaches Bill Clinton for lying about sex, but turns its head over a sitting president trying to overturn a U.S. election, calling his base to Washington, and whipping them into a frenzy to storm the Capitol. If a President can't be impeached for sedition, what can he/she be impeached for?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+10,554
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If any President in the future behaves as Donald Trump did last Wednesday, I will certainly call for his/her impeachment.

The evidence for the grand jury (the House) was obvious for all to see.

20. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+8,973
    Agnostic
    Married
    How will you know unless you try it?