Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I went to post this I ran 2 minutes as fast as I could in place because I was feeling sluggish. I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed now. It works. I already knew this but its nice to have science back up what I was experiencing.

What a Brief Jog Can Do for Your Brain

Reactions: Michie

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That the test subjects fared worse on mood and cognition after resting may indicate that they suffer from the same general fatigue that many if not most suffer in today's hectic overworked world. Many rise groggy from a short rest as their bodies and minds crave more needed rest. That one is stimulated by vigorous exercise is the result of the rush of freshly oxygenated blood flowing through muscles and brain. But it will likely come at the cost of yet more fatigue later. It's like borrowing money that you must pay back with interest in an attempt to feel temporarily rich.

Such activities are counterproductive in the long run as they give a false sense of well-being and cause yet more fatigue when the stimulation of the activity wears off. What the research actually reveals is the level of fatigue and the need for proper rest.

Perhaps dedicating one day per week for needed rest would be more beneficial. :preach:

Last edited:
Upvote 0