timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are aware that it's a pretty universally hated film right?

1996 Tornado computer graphics.. no thank you..

It has a good rep on google, imdb and +50% on rotten tomatoes.

I'm not really big on CGI since I love watching Sci Fi classics - 50's to 90s.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Favorite movies would be: The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Ocean's Eleven, Spider-Man 1 & 2, The Day After Tomorrow, the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies, Star Wars, Dark Knight trilogy, Jason Bourne series, 007 movies (not so much the new ones), the Peanuts movie, various animated movies, O Brother Where Art Thou?, and many others. Also really enjoyed Holes and Ender's Game - I read the books when I was younger and was excited to see them made into movies.

I don't watch T.V. shows too much, but did enjoy Survivorman, Fast N' Loud, Finding Bigfoot (I don't think they ever found him lol), and some shows that were brought back from the 90s.

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Movies I could watch over and over: Blues Brothers, Tombstone, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Shooter, Enemy of the State, No Country For Old Men. Any of the Star Wars Movies, any of the Pirates movies.

TV shows. Since Duck Dynasty is gone I really don't have a must watch TV show. Occasionally get interested in The Walking Dead

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My favorite show at the moment is "Outlander" which is based on a book series I've been reading for years. So excited for season 3!

Here's a trailer for Season 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I haven't faithfully followed many TV shows, but one I watched from becoming to end and loved was The Newsroom. I was a bit too young for it when it debuted, so I binge-watched it all last summer instead. I'm considering watching it again. One aspect of it that I find to be special is that even though it's several years old, so many of the topics are surprisingly current.

I also like Orange is the New Black, though I've only watched the first and the most recent seasons from start to finish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't faithfully followed many TV shows, but one I watched from becoming to end and loved was The Newsroom. I was a bit too young for it when it debuted, so I binge-watched it all last summer instead. I'm considering watching it again. One aspect of it that I find to be special is that even though it's several years old, so many of the topics are surprisingly current.

I also like Orange is the New Black, though I've only watched the first and the most recent seasons from start to finish.

I totally forgot about The Newsroom. I had wanted to watch it but never got around to getting it. It's only on dvd at netflix so maybe my library has it.

In other news (no pun intended :p) it actually made me think of the office and they have all 9 season on netflix. :bigeye: I know what I'll be binge watching!

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I rented Age of Adaline on my birthday last year because I kept thinking from the trailer that I really wanted to watch it but most people would think its too girly. But I think my parents ended up watching it with me on my birthday anyways. ^_^ I think I might have watched it with my friend after that. And I have had it on my watch list for a long time since I got amazon prime. I watched it tonight and I still like it.
It is a girly movie though I think. So I don't recomend it to everyone. :p

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I rented Age of Adaline on my birthday last year because I kept thinking from the trailer that I really wanted to watch it but most people would think its too girly. But I think my parents ended up watching it with me on my birthday anyways. ^_^ I think I might have watched it with my friend after that. And I have had it on my watch list for a long time since I got amazon prime. I watched it tonight and I still like it.
It is a girly movie though I think. So I don't recomend it to everyone. :p

:mmh: I like girly movies! I have a broad spectrum of movies that I love. lol So girly movies are fine with me.

The previews looked really good but again.. I never got around to watching it. I need to and let you know what I think!

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Favorite movies.....
Beauty and the Beast (the french version)
Jane Eyre
Whispers of the Heart
Pride and Prejudice (pretty much anything Jane Austen)
Star Wars (I dislike 1-3 but love 4-6)
Monty Python:Search for the Holy Grail
I am sure I have others but those are off the top of my head.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else watch 13 reasons why? I finished it yesterday and am not sure what I think. On the one hand it is VERY triggering in a way I had never experienced before. On the other it sticks some of this awful stuff that happens in the faces of those who try to pretend it doesn't exist and starts a dialogue.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think they had a good idea, but executed it poorly. They should have mentioned mental illness because 90% of suicides are linked to it. I've attempted suicide twice in high school because I suffered from Asperger's Syndrome and all the problems with it (studies show that Aspies are 9 to 29 times more likely to be suicidal) and suffered from severe depression and anxiety as well. Hannah Baker, however, seemed to be in complete control of herself and seemed to have done this as an elaborate way of getting back at her enemies for mostly typical high school crap.

I think the main problem is that it felt more like a revenge fantasy than an honest attempt at bringing up genuine awareness of teen suicide. There are people out there who are suffering sickness in the mind and are not thinking straight and thus are especially vulnerable to certain ideas. In fact, years ago a kid at the school I used to go to committed suicide. His friends tried putting up posters of him to honor him only for the teachers to take them down. The reason? They didn't want other vulnerable kids getting any ideas from this kind of attention they may feel that they're lacking. I think the fears are similar to 13 Reasons Why.

They ended up glamorizing teen suicide. From the looks of the season finale, it's likely they're going to glamorize school shootings next which is even more dangerous. Columbine is an excellent example of how this kind of romanticism of school violence can lead to.

Isn't 13 Reasons Why also filled with tumblr feminism?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It has an insanely diverse cast and did focus on things like male-on-female sexual assault/harassment, but I didn't feel that Tumblr feminist vibe to it, so no. They portrayed problems that are believable in a high school setting.

If you want a TV show that feels like Tumblr bought the rights to it, Try 'Degrassi: The Next Class' instead. That show is way father to the left than 13 Reasons Why.

Alright. I just heard that show checks off a lot of tumblr feminist mindsets.

Like women always victim and men always bad.

Upvote 0