Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heathers, Apocalypse Now, first two Hellraiser films (the rest.. no..), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Life of Brian and The Holy Grail films, American Graffiti, First two Alien films..

As far as television, I'm not sure. The Simpsons from '91 to about '96 was good, so was Family Guy from '99 to '02. The Life and Times of Tim. I don't really watch much modern television. Most of my viewing time is taken up watching Youtube channels.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite movies: V for Vendetta, Shawshank Redemption, The Sandlot, The Lego Movie, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, The Prestige, The Day After Tomorrow

My favorite TV shows: Seinfeld, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, House of Cards
I've really got to try this show. I've heard that people either love it or hate it. I wonder if it will be my cup of tea.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How are the storylines? Are they cheesy? Or do they have any excitement or intrigue at all?

Yeah, kind of goofy. Not to say some of them are not intelligently written they're just not my cup of tea.

The only episode I kind of liked was the Vincent Van Gogh one.

• Agree
Reactions: RayofSun
Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, kind of goofy. Not to say some of them are not intelligently written they're just not my cup of tea.

The only episode I kind of liked was the Vincent Van Gogh one.

Goofy is a good way to describe it.
I remember the first time I watched it, I was very confused what all the fuss was about. But for some reason I just kept watching and eventually I found it sweet and the quirks were what I enjoyed.

It's just an odd show that way. lol

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Goofy is a good way to describe it.
I remember the first time I watched it, I was very confused what all the fuss was about. But for some reason I just kept watching and eventually I found it sweet and the quirks were what I enjoyed.

It's just an odd show that way. lol
OK. I might as well start with the best to see if I'll like it. Can you suggest any specific episodes from Dr. Who that you would recommend me starting off with?

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've really got to try this show. I've heard that people either love it or hate it. I wonder if it will be my cup of tea.

It's serious and silly at the same time. The plotlines are both cheesy and deep at the same time. It's very much "monster of the week" (though sometimes it's multiple part episode), which I personally like, but also does a great job at having overarching plotlines as well. The espisodes are everything from sad to funny to horror.

Can you suggest any specific episodes from Dr. Who that you would recommend me starting off with?

Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace, Vincent and The Doctor

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟278,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Girl in the Fireplace was my favorite.

Blink was my least favorite.

Doctor 9 is my favorite. :bigeye:

Honestly I'm not a huge Dr Who fan. My ex and I binged watched Dr 9's season, and then I followed on to Doctor 10 for awhile but haven't seen Doctor 12 and so on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟278,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TV shows I love are Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother... I need to find people that like them too so I can talk to them! I have no one really in my life that watches these shows except for my Mom, which we talk extensively about all these. haha Especially BB since its coming on tomorrow for it's season premiere.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟228,059.00
Faith
Christian
Speaking of TV shows, are there any 'If You Are The One' fans on CF?

For those that haven't heard of it - it's a Chinese dating show that was once described as a cross between 'The Bachelor' and 'Hunger Games'. Gets more than 50 million viewers per week. There's an English subtitled version so non-Mandarin speakers can watch as well.

It's awesome!

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F09%2F07%2FIFYOUARETHEONE8.png

Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟97,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TV shows I love are Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother... I need to find people that like them too so I can talk to them! I have no one really in my life that watches these shows except for my Mom, which we talk extensively about all these. haha Especially BB since its coming on tomorrow for it's season premiere.
Have you ever seen Big Brother Australia? I used to love American big brother, but now that I've seen that it pales in comparison. I highly recommend you youtube BBAU 13 sometime and give it a few episodes (it takes a little time to get in to the different format)

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟278,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever seen Big Brother Australia? I used to love American big brother, but now that I've seen that it pales in comparison. I highly recommend you youtube BBAU 13 sometime and give it a few episodes (it takes a little time to get in to the different format)

I have heard of it but never watched it! I will give it a shot though :D

Reactions: PeachieKeen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Apollo 13, Twister, Carol. Probably watched each over 30x

If anyone knows the movie "Edge of Tomorrow" I also literally watched that film over 30x....It's a film about the day repeating itself over and over, and I watched it 30x, you get the idea :)

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was kind of curious as to what other films the director of the new Star Wars movie has done. So I googled and came across a movie called, "Brick". I watched less than half of it last night on my phone before turning it off and going to bed. It had like a 7 rating on imdb.com but I thought it was artsy junk. I just couldn't get into it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apollo 13, Twister, Carol. Probably watched each over 30x

If anyone knows the movie "Edge of Tomorrow" I also literally watched that film over 30x....It's a film about the day repeating itself over and over, and I watched it 30x, you get the idea :)

I don't think Twister is a film worth watching over 30X, lol. Or even once..

• Haha
Reactions: philadelphos
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think Twister is a film worth watching over 30X, lol. Or even once..

I can't believe you didn't like the movie!

I liked the storm chase crew had unusually high levels of enthusiasm at their low-wage and very dangerous job and passion for unhealthy foods....

Drives me nuts! And I love that :)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe you didn't like the movie!

I liked the storm chase crew had unusually high levels of enthusiasm and passion for unhealthy foods....

Drives me nuts! And I love that :)

You are aware that it's a pretty universally hated film right?

1996 Tornado computer graphics.. no thank you..

• Haha
Reactions: philadelphos
Upvote 0