Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to hear.. I generally try to stay away from Superhero films.
Generally, so do I. My friend paid for the ticket, at least. I usually can't stomach superhero movies, though I like some comic book (not super)hero movies. I liked the first two Nolan Batman movies, and the earlier Punisher origin movie. Spider-Man and Superman just aren't my thing.

Upvote 0

chuck77

Oct 21, 2011
✟21,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FRASIER :ahah: Seinfeld, Frasier, and Laverne & Shirley are my three favorite comedy sitcoms. None of these new ones can even compare.

Other TV shows that I love that are older are:

Due South (a large part of my childhood was shaped by this Canadian gem)
Simon & Simon
The Andy Griffith Show
Combat!
Mission: Impossible
Remington *cough* @chuck77 *cough* Steele

Hey there :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahh! I do need to do that. Where did you say it's at? Is it on youtube where I can watch it?

Is that the one with Drew Barrymore? I love her. haha If so I've actually been meaning to watch that anyway.
Its on YouTube, here's the first episode. Gotta give it a couple episodes to get used to the different format.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Latest binge - Penny Dreadful

But only through VidAngel. I swear, it's a whole new world with that site. Love it.

Cons:

-Way more demonic than I thought it would be.
-The usual excessive things that need filtering out that don't even add to the storyline anyway.
-Only 3 seasons.
-Puppets.

Pros:

-Josh Hartnett.
-The cinematography, set designs, costuming, music, ect. Absolutely fabulous.
-Josh Hartnett as a sharpshooting cowboy.
-Casting. The acting is great. You can't go wrong with Eva Green and her fantastic on-screen tears.
-Josh Hartnett with long hair.
-Dorian Gray's portrait is spooky as crap.
-Josh Hartnett.

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've never, ever understood the Seinfeld love. It's wholly unfunny and boring. I just bought my sister the whole series. She can't get enough of it and I'm just over here shaking my head.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm currently watching "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett. One of my favorite movies. I love time period movies like this, whether dramatic or war. I'm watching her like, "I'll be your king Elizabeth. I'm royalty too. Does CF King count? ^_^ There's something about strong, elegant women that I love, even if she most likely would've roasted me whole just for being protestant haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently watching "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett. One of my favorite movies. I love time period movies like this, whether dramatic or war. I'm watching her like, "I'll be your king Elizabeth. I'm royalty too. Does CF King count? ^_^ There's something about strong, elegant women that I love, even if she most likely would've roasted me whole just for being protestant haha

I thought she was protestant.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Haha. She was Protestant. Her older sister, Mary (aka Bloody Mary) was the staunch Catholic.

• Haha
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah.. the film actually portrays Catholics in a pretty bad light.. lol.

While not a Christian.. when it comes to Christianity I do like Catholicism more than Protestantism.. lol.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haha. She was Protestant. Her older sister, Mary (aka Bloody Mary) was the staunch Catholic.
Ooohhh bloody Mary! That's right! I need to find a book about this time period. Right now I'm reading about the Revolutionary War. "Killing England" by Bill O'Reilly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah.. the film actually portrays Catholics in a pretty bad light.. lol.

While not a Christian.. when it comes to Christianity I do like Catholicism more than Protestantism.. lol.

Both have their history of shadiness and corruption (even still today), but I would definitely say Catholicism was worse. I would obviously classify myself as a Protestant Christian, but I'm not bias here. Go over the history with a fine tooth comb, lay the evidence of both parties side by side and it's plain as day which was worse. Lol

Granted, during Elizabeth's reign Catholicism wasn't quite as bad as it had been back in, say, the 11th and 12th centuries.

• Agree
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Both have their history of shadiness and corruption (even still today), but I would definitely say Catholicism was worse. I would obviously classify myself as a Protestant Christian, but I'm not bias here. Go over the history with a fine tooth comb, lay the evidence of both parties side by side and it's plain as day which was worse. Lol

Granted, during Elizabeth's reign Catholicism wasn't quite as bad as it had been back in, say, the 11th and 12th centuries.

Maybe.. I was more talking about the depiction of people just being Catholic.. lol.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ooohhh bloody Mary! That's right! I need to find a book about this time period. Right now I'm reading about the Revolutionary War. "Killing England" by Bill O'Reilly.

Yeah, I looove this time period. Very fascinating.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I looove this time period. Very fascinating.
I love at the end of the movie where they say they consider her reign to be the Golden Age. She went on and did a lot of great things for England. That whole ending where she said she was married to England was very powerful.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe.. I was more talking about the depiction of people just being Catholic.. lol.

Oh, I see. Well if we're talking regular people who followed the Catholic faith, then yes, they were persecuted pretty badly. Elizabeth was fairly ruthless herself, not just Mary.

That's how it was then. It's either you or them, do or die... Life was nothing but a game of survival back then for the Royalty, and unfortunately it was the people who ultimately suffered for it all.

Upvote 0