Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's all talk about our favorite movies and tv shows!

What are some movies that you could just watch over and over? How about tv shows you like or maybe ones that aren't on anymore but you still like? Or how about that one movie that you just hate? Let's get some popcorn and talk about it. :satisfied:

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember watching a Michael Douglas movie called, "The Game" many years ago. It was a superb film. It didn't have much replay value because of the way it was made. But now that I haven't seen it in quite a while I plan to rewatch it. I keep looking for it at my town's local used DVD place, and it hasn't shown up yet. I might have to buy it off eBay or Amazon.

• Agree
Reactions: philadelphos
Upvote 0

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟410,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most of the movies I watch are documentaries, but some films I remember diggin' over the years include Casablanca, Bela Lugosi's Dracula, and Shawshank Redemption.

I don't watch too much TV, but I finally watched an episode of The Monkees recently, and that was a blast.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I remember watching a Michael Douglas movie called, "The Game" many years ago. It was a superb film. It didn't have much replay value because of the way it was made. But now that I haven't seen it in quite a while I plan to rewatch it. I keep looking for it at my town's local used DVD place, and it hasn't shown up yet. I might have to buy it off eBay or Amazon.

Love that movie.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Cruel Intentions was my favorite movie as a teen. I saw past the lust and stuff in it and saw goodness.

I'm currently watch That 70s Show seasons, like that a lot, and am waiting for Super Girl season 2 to come to Netlfix Canada.

I'll update with more another time. I like a lot of movies.

• Agree
Reactions: RayofSun
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Cruel Intentions was my favorite movie as a teen. I saw past the lust and stuff in it and saw goodness.

I'm currently watch That 70s Show seasons, like that a lot, and am waiting for Super Girl season 2 to come to Netlfix Canada.

I'll update with more another time. I like a lot of movies.

I've never seen Cruel Intentions before. :sorry: I should watch it sometime. I've heard it's really good.

I only have seen season 1 of Super Girl.

Random but have you ever seen the tv show Limitless? Or the movie?

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've never seen Cruel Intentions before. :sorry: I should watch it sometime. I've heard it's really good.

Well be warned Cruel Intentions is pretty crude and a lot of lust and stuff. I grew up with it though when I didn't have faith so it was easy to overlook those things. I still believe ultimately it's a good movie though. Sequels were bad.

And nope never seen it.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well be warned Cruel Intentions is pretty crude and a lot of lust and stuff. I grew up with it though when I didn't have faith so it was easy to overlook those things. I still believe ultimately it's a good movie though. Sequels were bad.

And nope never seen it.

Okay, I won't watch it and then think differently of you. :p :satisfied:

Sequels usually are bad, Lol.

Ahh okay, just curious

• Haha
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Loved the movie Limitless and then enjoyed the TV series, as well...

Was thinking of checking out Super Girl since I just finished all the seasons of The Flash and it's tied to Super Girl and Arrow.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Loved the movie Limitless and then enjoyed the TV series, as well...

Was thinking of checking out Super Girl since I just finished all the seasons of The Flash and it's tied to Super Girl and Arrow.

I haven't seen Limitless the movie but I really liked the tv show! I hate that they cancelled it on CBS. They even admitted that the ratings were good. It was very different from any other tv show.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
My favorite movies: V for Vendetta, Shawshank Redemption, The Sandlot, The Lego Movie, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, The Prestige, The Day After Tomorrow

My favorite TV shows: Seinfeld, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, House of Cards

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite movies include: Toy Story 3, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight. Two movies I can almost never get tired of is Up and especially A Beautiful Mind. I love Up because it felt so different from a children's movie and I appreciated A Beautiful Mind for the lesson it told and being very thought-provoking.

I don't watch a lot of TV, aside from anime, but I love the show Gravity Falls! It has to be my favorite Disney Channel cartoon and one of the best new ones in my honest opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually on wordpad have a list of movies I've seen... I think it's somewhere in the 600's. lol

Some of my favorite movies though are like Alice In Wonderland (live action and animation), Heartburn, UP, Polar Express, Far From the Madding Crowd, Inception, Shutter Island, any of the pirates of the Caribbean movies.. Lord of the Rings... and probably like 590 more :p

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Prestige, rivalry, the price of revenge and (non occult) magic. And David Bowie as Nikola Tesla.
I think that would have made a decent movie after the first or second plot twist, but after as many turns as they put in that movie, I just walked away with the impression that the filmmakers "tried too hard" and ended up making something that was intended to astonish the audience rather than just make a good story.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that would have made a decent movie after the first or second plot twist, but after as many turns as they put in that movie, I just walked away with the impression that the filmmakers "tried too hard" and ended up making something that was intended to astonish the audience rather than just make a good story.

There was really only one twist at the end. It just told the story in a non-linear format.

Upvote 0