• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Movies & TV Shows

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by LadyOfMystery, Jun 25, 2017.

1. LadyOfMystery

LadyOfMystery Heart of Gold Supporter

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Let's all talk about our favorite movies and tv shows!

What are some movies that you could just watch over and over? How about tv shows you like or maybe ones that aren't on anymore but you still like? Or how about that one movie that you just hate? Let's get some popcorn and talk about it. :satisfied:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) a social experiment!

+5,826
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I remember watching a Michael Douglas movie called, "The Game" many years ago. It was a superb film. It didn't have much replay value because of the way it was made. But now that I haven't seen it in quite a while I plan to rewatch it. I keep looking for it at my town's local used DVD place, and it hasn't shown up yet. I might have to buy it off eBay or Amazon.

3. TheGoodLight

TheGoodLight Well-Known Member Supporter

+579
    United States
    United Methodist
    Single
    Most of the movies I watch are documentaries, but some films I remember diggin' over the years include Casablanca, Bela Lugosi's Dracula, and Shawshank Redemption.

I don't watch too much TV, but I finally watched an episode of The Monkees recently, and that was a blast.

4. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

alsughasoughaiuyfygh Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  5. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,614
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Love that movie.

6. LadyOfMystery

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Right now my favorite movies are Passenger, Light Between Oceans and End of Watch.

My favorite tv show is and always will be One Tree Hill. lol

7. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,051
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Cruel Intentions was my favorite movie as a teen. I saw past the lust and stuff in it and saw goodness.

I'm currently watch That 70s Show seasons, like that a lot, and am waiting for Super Girl season 2 to come to Netlfix Canada.

I'll update with more another time. I like a lot of movies.

8. LadyOfMystery

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've never seen Cruel Intentions before. :sorry: I should watch it sometime. I've heard it's really good.

I only have seen season 1 of Super Girl.

Random but have you ever seen the tv show Limitless? Or the movie?

9. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,051
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Well be warned Cruel Intentions is pretty crude and a lot of lust and stuff. I grew up with it though when I didn't have faith so it was easy to overlook those things. I still believe ultimately it's a good movie though. Sequels were bad.

And nope never seen it.

10. LadyOfMystery

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Okay, I won't watch it and then think differently of you. :p :satisfied:

Sequels usually are bad, Lol.

Ahh okay, just curious

11. Servant68

Servant68 Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle

+1,467
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Loved the movie Limitless and then enjoyed the TV series, as well...

Was thinking of checking out Super Girl since I just finished all the seasons of The Flash and it's tied to Super Girl and Arrow.

12. LadyOfMystery

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I haven't seen Limitless the movie but I really liked the tv show! I hate that they cancelled it on CBS. They even admitted that the ratings were good. It was very different from any other tv show.

13. SnowyMacie

SnowyMacie Well-Known Member

+5,929
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    My favorite movies: V for Vendetta, Shawshank Redemption, The Sandlot, The Lego Movie, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, The Prestige, The Day After Tomorrow

My favorite TV shows: Seinfeld, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, House of Cards

14. ForeverEternal

ForeverEternal Forever dreaming, forever wishing

+38
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My favorite movies include: Toy Story 3, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight. Two movies I can almost never get tired of is Up and especially A Beautiful Mind. I love Up because it felt so different from a children's movie and I appreciated A Beautiful Mind for the lesson it told and being very thought-provoking.

I don't watch a lot of TV, aside from anime, but I love the show Gravity Falls! It has to be my favorite Disney Channel cartoon and one of the best new ones in my honest opinion.

15. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+1,977
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The Prestige, rivalry, the price of revenge and (non occult) magic. And David Bowie as Nikola Tesla.

16. LadyOfMystery

+7,794
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I actually on wordpad have a list of movies I've seen... I think it's somewhere in the 600's. lol

Some of my favorite movies though are like Alice In Wonderland (live action and animation), Heartburn, UP, Polar Express, Far From the Madding Crowd, Inception, Shutter Island, any of the pirates of the Caribbean movies.. Lord of the Rings... and probably like 590 more :p

17. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) a social experiment!

+5,826
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I think that would have made a decent movie after the first or second plot twist, but after as many turns as they put in that movie, I just walked away with the impression that the filmmakers "tried too hard" and ended up making something that was intended to astonish the audience rather than just make a good story.

18. SnowyMacie

SnowyMacie Well-Known Member

+5,929
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    There was really only one twist at the end. It just told the story in a non-linear format.

19. MustardSeeed

MustardSeeed Ambivert

+771
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Artificial Intelligence, The Reader, The Green Mile, Signs, The Shining, Ghost
    Corrina, Corrina
    My Girl, Coraline
    Outbreak, Junior (such a odd movie lol, Arnold schwarz impregnates himself), Gattaca

20. MustardSeeed

MustardSeeed Ambivert

+771
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I loved the TV show 8 Simple Rules