{Moved} Will world economy collapse before Christ's Return?

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Will world economy collapse before Christ's Return?
Is this what the Bible predicts?
Yes. The Bible does not say anything explicit about it.
The modern monetary system is based on fiat currency which is debt, it is also dependent upon unlimited growth which hides the flaws of basing currency only on debt. As such, the banking system cannot continue to exist indefinitely and will collapse due to it's own bad design.
Whether God helps that along or not is up to Him.

St. Mary has stated that there would be a collapse of the monetary systems that would cause "great confusion".
I bet it will.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
it is also dependent upon unlimited growth

Which also counts on an unlimited population growth. It's not working out so well. Overpopulation makes living so miserable and it's only a matter of time until it runs out of control (chaos)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The BIBLE,
YHWH'S (GOD'S) WORD
says simply trust in YHWH ,
do not trust in the world.
Whoever trusts in the world remains lost.
and
Whoever loves the things of the world (including the religions of the world)
cannot be a friend of YHWH, not even in Y'SHUA.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That will be a certainty:

Whether one sees the following as literal (I do) or not, it is certain God communicated to us that all of mankind's idols will be destroyed before His Second Coming:

Revelation 18

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Whether one sees the following as literal (I do) or not, it is certain God communicated to us that all of mankind's idols will be destroyed before His Second Coming:
No one should wait until then, "obviously" ?
i..e
"little children, keep yourselves from idols"

and covering even more : (AFTER being purified) :
"
James 1:27
KJ21
Pure religion, undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
ASV
Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
AMP
Pure and unblemished religion [as it is expressed in outward acts] in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit and look after the fatherless and the widows in their distress, and to keep oneself uncontaminated by the [secular] world."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one should wait until then, "obviously" ?
i..e
"little children, keep yourselves from idols"

and covering even more : (AFTER being purified) :
"
James 1:27
KJ21
Pure religion, undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
ASV
Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
AMP
Pure and unblemished religion [as it is expressed in outward acts] in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit and look after the fatherless and the widows in their distress, and to keep oneself uncontaminated by the [secular] world."

Oh, I agree with you.

I was responding to the OP which asked if the economic system of mankind would be destroyed before His Coming.

Of course it will because Yeshua said so. Therefore, it will be done.

But I agree. Everyone dies and will give an account. We must walk NOW as Kingdom citizens.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...hasn't it already collapsed, several time? :scratch:
Could be, most time a "prediction" isn't "discovered" until after something happens. :sorry:
tulc(needs more coffee) :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
...hasn't it already collapsed, several time? :scratch:

Could be, most time a "prediction" isn't "discovered" until after something happens. :sorry:
tulc(needs more coffee) :wave:
There have been numerous famines also, as in shown in Josephus's accout of the destruction of 1st century Jerusalem, as prophecied.

Interesting that the denarii is shown in Revelation..........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Luke 21:23
"Woe to the ones in belly having and the ones suckling in those days!
For shall be distress great upon the Land and wrath upon this people..

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius,
and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring". [John 11:48]

.........The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover. At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival and the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers,...........

.........Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
The Jews, for want of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen.
In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal;.............

Denarius - Wikipedia
1220. denarion day-nar'-ee-on of Latin origin; a denarius (or ten asses):--pence, penny(-worth).
AV - penny 9, pence 5, pennyworth 2; 16 denarius = "containing ten"
1) A Roman silver coin in NT time. It took its name from it being equal to ten "asses", a number after 217 B.C. increased to sixteen (about 3.898 grams or .1375 oz.). It was the principal silver coin of the Roman empire

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Move it move it thread.jpg

Moved from News and Current Events
to > Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum
as it is a better fit for this forum.
Please post according to the SOP of this new forum.​

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but probably not until the middle part of the 70th week.

In the meantime, there are probably going to be some serious close calls. Deutsche Bank appears to be the next Lehman. The Banks in Italy are also in big trouble, the prime minister of Italy recently resigned over problems they are having that country.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
IMHO yes. I think this is what will usher in the mark of the beast system.
Rev. 13:
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Oh yeah, definitely, and unfortunately America will lead the decline.

These are the events I can now clearly see happening in America within the next 10 years from many evidences I've recently gathered.

~Collapse of the dollar. No longer the world's leading currency.

~Financial meltdown of the US Govt.

~American bonds no longer the safest investment in the world.

~Govt defaults on loans unable to pay of it's debts.

~American pensions and retirement wiped out from Govt. default.

~Lost of hundreds of millions of jobs in America.

~Economic collapse in America.

~Period of hyperinflation. Everything in America will skyrocket in prices.

~Many unable to pay of their debt will lose their homes to foreclosure.

~Riots and martial law throughout the country as people protesting entitlement against the government.

~The country divided.

~Maybe a civil war too.......maybe.

~America no longer a world superpower. I'm sorry guys but this country will be judged by God, and I see the evidence now that I did not see just a few months ago. A big part of the problem is the country's debt which currently stand at 20 trillion dollars. That bubble will finally pop.

~America begins to cuts it's military spending as well, leaving the country vulnerable to terrorism.

~The worst crash ever on the US stock market. The Dow might drop below 1000 before it finally settles down and maybe never recover again. What makes this crash differ from all other crashes in the market? All crashes in the past did not involve the collapse of the US Government. All recoveries in the past where funded by our government to help turn the economy around. The US Govt is the strongest financial entity in the world. No other government or company in the world is bigger and stronger financially. Once our government falls apart financially, that's it. It's a global financial and economic Armageddon.

~The decline in America will cause a ripple effect on the world's economy. Many other countries' economy will also collapse due to the dollar.

This is just the financial problems ahead. Not commenting on wars and natural disasters as I don't have nearly the evidence but I'll just say I believe the worst is yet to come.

Remember, our government has a 20 trillion dollar it needs to pay off, and 2/3rd of it's lenders are Americans and American institutions.

From the chart below, you can see the top 5 holders of the debt belongs to Americans and American institutions. China is the largest foreign holder of our debt at 7.9% of the total debt owed back in 2015. They're not the largest overall holder. Americans are the largest at nearly 1/3 of the overall debt. We invest in US Govt Bonds.

Political Calculations: Spring 2015: To Whom Does the U.S. Government Owe Money?

Other sources here:

Some of the sources are a few years old when the national debt was lower. But it's currently just under 20 trillion US dollars.

US debt tops $16 trillion: So who do we owe most of that money to?

Who owns America's debt?

Here's Who We Owe That $17 Trillion Of Government Debt To

If our government decides to default, we're the ones mostly getting screwed. If they default, everything I've predicted above plus more will happen. It's a domino effect that will spread across the globe. And there's a strong strong strong possibility the government is planning to do just that to get rid of it's debt in the years ahead.

Yes, unfortunately I do have the evidences to back this up. And it comes from the horse's mouth too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is the current financial system fair to poor people?
When Dow Jones index is up, who is benefited?

The market is adjusting for an increase in interest rates, short term increase in jobs and economic growth ahead. All three major indexes could hit new highs before the storm. It's all just a short term reflex that mask the bigger long term outlook.

I don't expect much bad news in this country in 2017. A few could happen but it all depends on when they decide to pull the plug. The very earliest sign could happen in the second half of 2017. The timing of all this I'm not as certain when it'll happen and could be off by a year or two.

Just the interest alone being paid annually on the 20 trillion dollar debt is killing the government's revenue. That financial bubble will have to pop someday. Just knowing when is the harder part.

The stock market is generally a leading indicator. Of all those predictions I've listed above, the market crash could be among the top 3 events happening first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
This catastrophe is coming and the world will be thrown into a blade runner society [[Revelation 6:12-17]

Revelation
6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Revelation
8:6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status