[moved] What is the one thing/experience that makes you as sure as you can be about God's existence?

GUK

Oct 28, 2017
Cheshire
✟8,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I have recently connected with my Christian beliefs. I had a near death experience a couple of years ago which convinced me of a heaven-like realm beyond this physical realm. This eventually connected me to God.

My question to you is, has there been an event or episode in your life which convinced you of God? If not, how have you managed to show such faith?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Hi all,

I have recently connected with my Christian beliefs. I had a near death experience a couple of years ago which convinced me of a heaven-like realm beyond this physical realm. This eventually connected me to God.

My question to you is, has there been an event or episode in your life which convinced you of God? If not, how have you managed to show such faith?

when i was a young person i heard the gospel

i asked God directly to prove to me He really was there and within a few months i had too many God-incidents - i was convinced

after that and until this day God kept interacting with me daily in a way that changes my life/beliefs/character for the better

God Bless you my friend

what a wonderful thread

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

God changed my heart.."..I have seen it in others ...that is all I know—that is all I need to know

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What did convince me (unexplained phenomena) isn't what convinces me now. It still plays a factor but is greatly out shined by two other things. Jesus, who He is and what He has done throughout his existence. There is no other way that is as perfect in expression and conduct as Him to follow. Secondly, the witness of around 500 people, some of which has been recorded for us, is true. Jesus Christ actually did bodily rise from a death on the cross.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any religion can talk about unseen deities and how to act morally to get to some land of virgins. It's not about debating science so much of the human mind. Surely it must be unseen for a reason, not just so people can endlessly debate and argue.
In fact everyone should realize how wrong they are, else how can anyone be led and convinced by someone perfect and beautiful or unsightly...people really misunderstand and lack belief, caught up in human tradition and not denying themselves, not denying their thoughts.
There was a verse about seeing the Kingdom of God.
So many people seem to be trying to re-enact Bible sorts of ideas as their mind perceives it. And then tell others they don't see it.
Of course how else can you see what words are talking about by experiencing it. This whole life has all sorts of things speaking, but the Word of God is essential.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Hi Guk;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: GUK
Upvote 0

GUK

Oct 28, 2017
Cheshire
✟8,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Guk;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg
Hi Mnorian,

Actually I haven't really listened to praise & worship music, I'll check it out thanks. This forum is helpful as I'm surrounded by non-Christians mainly so it is nice to come here occasionally :)

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome GUK.

I had a near death experience a couple of years ago which convinced me of a heaven-like realm beyond this physical realm. This eventually connected me to God.

I hope that, on a special thread with a similar theme, you will tell us more specifically of this process.

For myself, I grew up among people who had a firm belief that God exists and that he involves himself in ordinary people's lives. I learned a lot about God. So to some extent I had already accepted that he is present in the here and now, I knew about Jesus and his story.

However, it first became something extraordinarily real and personal when I actually had an encounter with him in rather traumatic circumstances. What he told me, and what happened to me, had a profound and lasting impact on me. Some of it however, I didn't understand until much much later.

Reactions: GUK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUK

Oct 28, 2017
Cheshire
✟8,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome GUK.

I hope that, on a special thread with a similar theme, you will tell us more specifically of this process.

For myself, I grew up among people who had a firm belief that God exists and that he involves himself in ordinary people's lives. I learned a lot about God. So to some extent I had already accepted that he is present in the here and now, I knew about Jesus and his story.

However, it first became something extraordinarily real and personal when I actually had an encounter with him in rather traumatic circumstances. What he told me, and what happened to me, had a profound and lasting impact on me. Some of it however, I didn't understand until much much later.
Hi Monna, have you written about what happened to you anywhere?

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My question to you is, has there been an event or episode in your life which convinced you of God?
Yes, when the promises or Word of God comes into fruition while I am still living on earth, as per DEUT.28, PROV.1, ROMANS.2:8-11, eg being blessed/rewarded by God for keeping His Law/Word(cf; ACTS.15:24-29) = proves that there is a powerful God who fulfills His Word/Law/promises. The Word = God-in-heaven = Jesus Christ on earth = His Spirit on earth.

So, by extension, the promise of God/Jesus at JOHN.3:16 & 14:1-6 should also come into fruition when I die or leave this rotten earth = resurrected or raptured by God/Jesus/His Spirit,(1THESS.4:16) viz a viz HEBREWS.11:1-3.

Jesus the Christ/Messiah left heaven and came down to earth to save fallen Adams & Eves from hell when they die, by being the sacrificial Lamb of God(JOHN.1:29) on the Cross to atone for Adam's Original Sin.(ROMANS.5:12, LEV.17:11, HEB.9:22)

The keeping of Moses Law, either fully or partially, could only result in fallen humans being blessed by God with a good and long life on earth = good and law-abiding Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc, will still end up in hell after living a good and long life on earth.(GALATIANS.2:16)

Upvote 0