[MOVED] What do you think of my friends/families view of America?

Do you think to foreigners have the right view of american christianity?

• Yes they are 100% correct. We are no longer what we use to be.

• They are mostly correct, we have changed alot.

• They are partially correct, we are having issues, but its not that bad.

• They are not correct. We are fine.

• Other....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As one of our teachers said today during chapel, the church in America sucks. We're lazy, materialistic, too comfortable, and not willing to change our perfect environments in order to serve God. The church here is filled with luke-warm "Christians" who are just taking up spaces in pews.

It's no wonder our witness to the world is bad, because why would they want to switch to Christianity when often times there's no difference between us and them? At times, the "Christians" even look worse than the world outside.

Of course this is not true of every church or person, but in general the American church is way off course. It's main purpose has been to make people "feel good" and "be happy".

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well its hard to list everything that I think has changed. But in my 30+ years of life it seems the country overall is changing and christinas to some degree don't care to much and even join in. Whether its same sex marriage or the kind of movies/tv shows we watch. It just seems like more and more christians are accepting of it.

I can tell you what's changed the most since you were a kid...YOU. Don't forget, when you were a kid, people were still expecting that the USSR could drop a bomb on us any day. When you were a kid, people doing hardcore drugs was a big enough problem that the first lady started speaking out against it. When you were a kid, Richard Prior (who was in a few of those 'family friendly' movies you probably watched) got high freebasing and lit himself on fire.

How much about the world did you really know when you were seven or eight? How much tv did you watch that wasn't censored (or at least filtered) by your parents? How much did you know about the church outside of what your home church taught?

The difference between the 'good old days' and now is the difference between your childhood perception and your perception as a grown man. The rest is technological changes that make it easier for man to do what he has always done.

Upvote 0